Minecraft PC IP: play.cubecraft.net

Re-add “Forum threads of the Week” to the News flyer?

• Total voters

Elenahh

Forum Veteran
Apr 10, 2018
Sofia, Bulgaria
Love the suggestion.

I wasn't a member of the forums back in 2015, but from what I read in your thread, it sounds pretty neat to me. It'd encourage members to post more quality threads.

Could you please give me some more details, though? Like what 'requirements' should a thread meet in order to get in that list?

Reactions: Komodо and Buuuddy

Komodо

Forum Professional
May 29, 2015
Amersfoort, The Netherlands
www.cubecraft.net
JA. Not that I remember it because I only used the forums to report lmao
<insert_helper_wannabe>

Love the suggestion.

I wasn't a member of the forums back in 2015, but from what I read in your thread, it sounds pretty neat to me. It'd encourage members to post more quality threads.

Could you please give me some more details, though? Like what 'requirements' should a thread meet in order to get in that list?

Well, it's long ago and I didn't know what requirements they had back then. But on first place, for a suggestion, it should be useful, the opposite of an useless tier list. Moreover it should be something neat. A fix of removing one block that looks ugly in a lobby is useful, but not that big of a deal. It honestly could be any valuable thread. Maybe the community can vote for the best 5 or 10 threads of that week/month?

Elenahh

Forum Veteran
Apr 10, 2018
Sofia, Bulgaria
Well, it's long ago and I didn't know what requirements they had back then. But on first place, for a suggestion, it should be useful, the opposite of an useless tier list. Moreover it should be something neat. A fix of removing one block that looks ugly in a lobby is useful, but not that big of a deal. It honestly could be any valuable thread. Maybe the community can vote?
Yes, the community or just let staff be the ones to choose the threads. They can look at how popular the threads are, how do they look like, what makes these threads useful, fun or just in general, interesting. If the community / staff thinks there aren't any threads that deserve to be on that list, there just won't be a list for that month / week etc. What I am trying to say is, there doesn't necessarily need to be such list if no quality threads were created.

There could even be some kind of in-game rewards / forum trophies for the people whose threads get on that list pretty frequently.

Reactions: Komodо

Lezappen

Forum Expert
Jan 30, 2016
Toulouse (France)
Like in 2015 you had the best forum posts of that month or week attached to a News thread. I get the idea they removed that some day, because there were simply to many active members. However, since they decreased, maybe it’s a viable idea to add them again?
I believe I was doing that at one point... maybe you could pick up the torch and do it yourself?
You could pick the most controversial topics (most comments), the top upvoted polls, most viewed suggestions etc...

If you want the "weekly top suggestions" by the staff team, just look at this weeks suggestions that have the "Escalated" tag.

Edit:

https://www.cubecraft.net/threads/w...y-islands-quality-of-life-suggestions.208637/

The reason I stopped doing this is because it was too much effort for what it was worth.

Smoothlyy

Forum Expert
Mar 28, 2019
USA
Like in 2015 you had the best forum posts of that month or week attached to a News thread. I get the idea they removed that some day, because there were simply to many active members. However, since they decreased, maybe it’s a viable idea to add them again?[/QUOT

I agree with this brotha, even though I was not around them. Some great threads need more attention so that they can be implemented as a fast as possible. Someone should start doing the monthly recap’s again, it was a shame that they were discontinued. I know that another server has a newsletter and that seems quite interesting, maybe Cubecraft could have a monthly newsletter type of thing as well.

Smoothlyy

Forum Expert
Mar 28, 2019
USA
Like in 2015 you had the best forum posts of that month or week attached to a News thread. I get the idea they removed that some day, because there were simply to many active members. However, since they decreased, maybe it’s a viable idea to add them again?[/QUOT

I agree with this brotha, even though I was not around them. Someone should start doing the monthly recap’s that Skifby did again, it was a shame that they were discontinued.

Smoothlyy

Forum Expert
Mar 28, 2019
USA
Reactions: Komodо

Komodо

Forum Professional
May 29, 2015
Amersfoort, The Netherlands
www.cubecraft.net
Honestly I meant something else, although I considered Skifby’s monthly recaps and the weekly threads. I just mentioned a week/month because there isn’t an update every week anymore. It doesn’t have to be that complicated. Just attach 5 or 10 threads to a news post, like back in 2015

Reactions: Smoothlyy
Members Online

Team online

Latest profile posts

Verideta wrote on WorriedSkate940's profile.
congrats on 500 messages!
Mintypie231 wrote on SanderVDB29's profile.
Happy birthday! 🎈 🎉
Mintypie231 wrote on Mivke's profile.
Happy birthday! 🎂 🎉
Basketman wrote on Mivke's profile.
Happy Birthday Mivke 🥳
Basketman wrote on SanderVDB29's profile.
Happy Birthday 🎉
Top Bottom