Minecraft PC IP: play.cubecraft.net

Teddy1424

Sep 16, 2016
I have made a post regarding this, smax897 has made a post regarding this, ComicCastle6489 made a poll regarding this. What I'm referring to is the rank-vote system in place on this server. Please search for these threads for additional information in the Eggwars tabs, but I'll try to reiterate briefly. The system in place for voting for gamemodes is extremely flawed. It essentially forces these situations on unranked players: Buy a rank, repeatedly join and quit games to try and get even a sliver of hope of getting into a non-overpowered game, or give up and conform to playing overpowered mode. Reading all the arguments in the various threads there seems to be a lack of understanding of the point we are trying to make. Overpowered is a lot of people's favourite gamemode but it simply isn't for everyone. Some people prefer normal mode and some prefer hardcore, however the massive influx of ranked players force a large majority of games to be overpowered mode. This system is fundamentally flawed.

An argument I hear a lot is "suck it up and buy a rank because that's what runs the server" but I implore them to find other servers with this size player base that has that same system of voting. Look at Hypixel: they don't have that voting system for their ranks. Look at Mineplex: they don't have that voting system for their ranks. Look at HiveMC: they don't have that voting system for their ranks.

This change is not difficult, but requires an open mind to more possibility of perks and bonuses for ranked players that would leave them satisfied. Simple suggestion: what if ranked players unlocked all the in-game kits? What if those same ranked players had access to cool new kits exclusive to their rank? Rather than forcing some players to play gamemodes they don't necessarily like, removing the voting system in place of perks such as those (and many more if the staff come together and brainstorm) would create a much better environment for all players. This is because everyone can play what games they want on their own volition rather than be forced into one that another player picked with their wallet.

We definitely don’t need a “Suffrage” movement going on here.
I think this is the time we do need a movement. This is an unjust system that needs reworking. Please refer to the other posts by smax897, ComicCastle6489, and myself before responding.

smax897

Novice Member
Jul 10, 2020
North Korea
I agree with this post, and anyone with a sense of fairness should also.

This system was tolerable in the heyday of EggWars when ranked players were few and far between - however, with the huge quantity of rankeds that make up the EggWars lobbies nowadays, this has become intolerable. It is time to reform this broken system once and for all.

If you are an unranked player and you are tired of having your games dictated by ranked players - join us; it's time to fix this system.

If you are an unranked player who accepts the system because they tolerate overpowered, I urge you to think of those like you who are less fortunate, and who just want to play normal or hardcore (but can't) - you too should join us, and fix this broken system.

If you are a ranked player, I also urge you to think of those who don't have the money to spend, and just want to play their beloved gamemodes like they used to - it's time to fix this system.

Reactions: Teddy1424

𝖜𝓲𝓲ʞєŋɖ

Novice Member
Jan 16, 2020
Netherlands
This system has always worked, and not to many people disagree with it. The most important thing is that cubecraft gets its income, because otherwise we ought to find a new server. The voting system works, and most of the people also like the op vote in eggwars (op in almost any game), and some of them dont (like me). But I just swallowed it, later bought a rank with plus and now I counter these vote by my preference. Op is just the most populair gamemode in eggwars, and even if you give unranked players the ability to vote, I bet you that op would still come out on top.

Maaarijn

Forum Veteran
Mar 12, 2017
het land van kroketten, frikandellen
www.youtube.com
I think most players who have already bought a rank have bought it mainly to be abled to vote, so changing this comepletely would be kind of unfair as some people would have wasted their money then. Also I don't like the idea of only getting vanity / kits for buying a rank and I think most people would not buy a rank if they only get that for it. You compared it to how Hypixel has it, but I believe (not sure tho) the ranks on Hypixel are much cheaper then on Cubecraft so it is not strange that they give you less perks.

I think it's fine as it is now. I know some people don't have a lot of money but if you play on the server regularly €55 for a diamond rank (with which you can vote for most games) is a reasonable price in my opinion.

Goefy

Forum Expert
Dec 10, 2019
Å
I’m just going to repeat my massage from the other thread.

‘I disagree with everything. I mean, Cubecraft needs their money from somewhere to pay the servers, developers, designers and so on. The ranks are the main income of Cube. If you give everyone every perks nobody would buy a rank anymore and Cubecraft will simply be bankrupt.’

To add to this: you mentioned that instead of voting you get things like kits. Well, I have every kit, every ability max. So I wouldn’t get anything. The only thing you get is ‘access to cool new kits exclusive to their rank’. So that’s the only thing I get after I’ve paid more than €100,- for it.

I understand that it’s annoying that you can’t vote but it is like it is. This isn’t the solution.

Members Online

Members online

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Heya, after a good while years having not appreciated sleep a lot, have I learned things. I have most of the times seen it as a hindrance to things such as relations and projects. But after years I realised that you need to sleep to be well. Both physically and mentally. When I also realized that I could work better and more efficiently, did I try to get more sleep. That reminds me, I need to sleep now hah XD
Eli wrote on marshduck11's profile.
I like your profile picture
Mr Jii Gamer wrote on Egg🥚's profile.
Thank you so mush for everything

I know i am late bc i didn't realize that you have left the team sadly we see the better one go ..
Will be announcing the giveaway winner within the next 2 hours or so.
Reesle wrote on Cloudiefly's profile.
Happy Birthday! 🎂 ☁️
Top Bottom