Minecraft PC IP: play.cubecraft.net

betty's oldies

Forum Expert
He's an ex-mod, I highly doubt he just suggested this so he can buy himself a rank.
Don't just assume that. I gave an example in my issues thread. Let's say our server provides the same gaming quality as Mineplex, but Mineplex sells cheaper ranks and Cube sells more expensive ones. The return is almost the same: you get cosmetics. Which would you go to if the two stores sold the same ranks and content?

That's one of the problems about their marketing. Higher prices = less likely for people to buy => few will buy. On the other hand, lower prices = more likely for people to buy => more will buy. Of course, don't make it super super dirt cheap, but don't leave it overpriced like it is now or at least provide a bigger incentive (i.e. monthly point mulitplier or something better than just vanity points) to make up for the cost.

N

Nikboo

Hai all,
Rank price reductions
The prices of our higher-end ranks are being reduced to better match the rewards that they offer. Said prices are subject to change in the future, however we feel that as of now, they do not offer enough perks to correspond with their real-world price tag.

Iron rank: £15 - £15
Lapiz rank: £25 - £20
Gold rank: £35 - £25
Diamond rank: £55 - £40
Emerald rank: £90 - £70
Obsidian rank: £140 - £120

Compensation

"I purchased my rank prior to the price reductions. Can I have a refund?" - CCG Community, 2k17

Sadly, we do not offer refunds for any purchases made in our store. However, we understand that you may feel cheated, having paid more than the rank's newly assigned value. Therefore, we are going to be introducing a number of new rewards that are exclusive to those who purchased their ranks prior to the price changes. Said rewards will never be obtainable ever again, making you truly unique.

Iron rank:
-5,000 vanity points
-'Iron ore Transform' gadget (See 'Hide and Seek' for reference)
-'Iron block Transform' gadget (See 'Hide and Seek' for reference)
-5x Vote Voucher

Lapiz rank:
-10,000 vanity points
-'Lapiz ore Transform' gadget (See 'Hide and Seek' for reference)
-'Lapiz block Transform' gadget (See 'Hide and Seek' for reference)
-2x Double Points Multipliers
-10x Vote Voucher
-Rank upgrade (Gold rank)

Gold rank:
-20,000 vanity points
-'Gold ore Transform' gadget (See 'Hide and Seek' for reference)
-'Gold block Transform' gadget (See 'Hide and Seek' for reference)
-10 Cubelets
-1x Cubelet Collector
-1x Vanity shower
-20x Vote Voucher

Diamond rank:
-35,000 vanity points
-'Diamond ore Transform' gadget (See 'Hide and Seek' for reference)
-'Diamond block Transform' gadget (See 'Hide and Seek' for reference)
-Rubik_Cube_Man Miniature
-3x Double Points Multipliers
-15 Cubelets
-1x Cubelet Collector
-1x Vanity shower
-Speed IV boots

Emerald rank:
-50,000 vanity points
-'Emerald ore Transform' gadget (See 'Hide and Seek' for reference)
-'Emerald block Transform' gadget (See 'Hide and Seek' for reference)
-4x Double Points Multipliers
-20 Cubelets
-3x Cubelet Collector
-3x Vanity shower
-Speed IV boots

Obsidian rank:
-100,000 vanity points
-5x Double Points Multipliers
-1x Triple Points Multipliers
-'Cubecraft Games' in-game hat
-50 Cubelets
-5x Cubelet Collector
-5x Vanity shower
-Speed IV boots

Hmm. I like the new vanity ideas however I personally don't think the rank prices should be changed. This would probably be quite a hassle to give every single player who purchased a rank prior to the 31st of March these said items. It would probably be better off leaving the prices the same however adding more cosmetics for the current ranks.

Cubelet Collector (£2.99)
The Cubelet collector is a brand new consumable item that will increase your chances of obtaining a cubelet for the next two hours! Your usual odds will be tripled, and on top of that, you'll even have a chance to find a cubelet when you lose a game!

Furthermore, anybody that's in the same party and game as you during the time of this item's activation will also receive the benefits of the Cubelet Collector. In fact, your odds of finding a cubelet are increased by 5% for every player involved! (Cap. 20%; buff will not take effect in 'Solo' gamemodes)
(Note: If a player leaves the party, they will lose the perk)

Lastly, all achievements that you complete will also award you with an additional cubelet!

Love the idea. Fully support this. :)

Vanity shower (£2.99) - The Vanity shower is a new consumable item that finally gives you a chance to share vanity points with friends! Upon activation, you'll receive a small amount of vanity points for every action that you perform on the server for the next two hours. For example, getting kills will give you five vanity points, and winning games will give you one hundred. losing games will grant you a generous thirty, and all the while, every death will give you two!

Furthermore, anybody that's in the same party and game as you during the time of this item's activation will also receive the benefits of the Cubelet Collector. In fact, the amount of vanity points you receive is increased by 5% for every player involved! (Cap. 20%; buff will not take effect in 'Solo' gamemodes)

Lastly, all achievements that you complete will also award you with two-hundred vanity points!

Cool idea but I personally believe that Vanity Points should only be for purchasers of a Cubecraft rank.

Vote Voucher x5 (£1.99) - Can't afford a rank to vote for your favourite chest type, but want to be able to anyways? Well now you can, with Vote Vouchers! As implied by their name, Vote Vouchers are consumable items which allow you to force a chest type of your choosing; once consumed, nobody will be able to vote otherwise.

In addition, Vote Vouchers can be acquired individually as a 'Rare' reward from Cubelets, and in stacks of five as a 'Legendary' reward! Absolutely tasty, mate

+1

Speed IV boots (£9.99) - It can be tiresome, having to run back and forth from the lobby spawn and the game signs! Well, tire no more, as we offer you a perk that will cut the time that it takes for you to run between said places in half! The 'Speed IV' boots will be displayed as enchanted Diamond boots, and can be accessed via the Vanity menu. I doubt I'll need to explain what enchantment these boots give the wearer...

+1

A 'Donate' option has been added to the store, allowing you to donate any amount of money to the server of your choosing. There will be no rewards for doing this, however we greatly appreciate your determination to keep our server up and running.

If however you donate over £20, you will receive a Redstone rank. Said rank has no perks and grants access to two gadgets: 'Redstone Ore Transform', and 'Redstone Block Transform'. The Redstone rank can be freely interchanged between your highest current rank via the Vanity menu, if you wish to display your main rank instead

Hmm. Cool idea however I don't really think it should be called a 'Redstone' rank mainly because the current purchasable ores are placed in order of value and it may seem as if redstone is part of that order. Perhaps simple calling it "Donator" would be fine. Also, I don't really think that the rank should have any perks as it is just a rank for players to be able to help out the server by donating and not seeking in-game perks.An interchangeable prefix via the vanity menu would be cool though.

/Fly is now automatically entered upon entering a lobby (Emerald+), meaning that you no longer have to retype the command to head to the stars. The plugin from Hide and Seek has made its way into the lobbies! You can now disguise yourself as a block of your choice, assuming you have permission to equip them.

Yeah. Would be cool if they could add these vanity perks!

In general, cool suggestions and thank you for spending your time creating them! I will see if I can get this thread forwarded to management so they could take a look at it and consider some of the suggestions on here. :)

Zhypo

Dedicated Member
Jun 3, 2015
Happyland
Vote Voucher x5 (£1.99)

Can't afford a rank to vote for your favourite chest type, but want to be able to anyways? Well now you can, with Vote Vouchers! As implied by their name, Vote Vouchers are consumable items which allow you to force a chest type of your choosing; once consumed, nobody will be able to vote otherwise.

In addition, Vote Vouchers can be acquired individually as a 'Rare' reward from Cubelets, and in stacks of five as a 'Legendary' reward! Absolutely tasty, mate.
That for sure should be added, Cube would make a lot of money and players will be able to vote.

KitKatkels17

Jul 27, 2016
Candy - https://discord.gg/rcQfj8v
Why should they do the price lower, just cause you wanna buy one?? thats not gonna work m8

I don't think that's the reason why I'll give you two good reasons why
1.Snap used to be staff and I don't think a former staff member would do this
and
2.I don't know if you've realized it but the servers in a bad spot right now with competitors taking all the CubeCraft players to losing a lot of staff.
So we all need to think of ways to help CubeCraft back on its feet in any way possible and that's what @Snap is talking about

Reactions: Sophie

Sijpieboy

Dedicated Member
Jun 23, 2015
Somewhere in Holland
Wow! Really interesting thread Snap! I don't think Cube is going to do something with this thread, but there are some awesome features in this thread which could be added :)
;o

Sophie

Forum Professional
May 1, 2014
Arendine Sink
Why should they do the price lower, just cause you wanna buy one?? thats not gonna work m8
Lol, if that were the case would I not have filled the Diamond rank benefits, being the rank that I currently possess, with better perks? I don't play the server anymore, this suggestion was done solely in response to something that I saw Johncoles post relating to the idea of new store items and price reductions.

Thanks for all the feedback everybody. I somehow woke up with 29 alerts O_O

Reactions: Refresco

Sophie

Forum Professional
May 1, 2014
Arendine Sink
I also think it'd be valuable to mention that the dollar:content ratio of the Lapiz rank is awful, and that it's perhaps the worst rank to purchase. Perhaps prioritise both Lapiz and Obsidian when considering to add new perks, seeing as unlike every other rank, these two do not add gameplay experience in any way, nor make said experiences more enjoyable.

1) Cosmetics =/= content, since it doesn't make the server experience more enjoyable. Nobody cares about your cosmetic appearance anyways since there are so many different armour sets available, and most people disable players anyways due to lag
2) Being able to vote for the time of day doesn't change the gameplay at all, and you'll probably stop using it all together after a while

I had an idea yesterday that is very similar to the chest-type voting system, yet includes every rank for numerous gamemodes. will work on it soon if anybody is interested in it.

Edit: Oh, Lapiz also gets to vote for the health in Eggwars. However, if you don't play Eggwars, this isn't very valuable to you. Also, you can only vote for increased health, which in my opinion just makes the game more tedious unless you're also voting OP. Perhaps some people enjoy this perk though, which if you do, more power to you c:

Refresco

Jan 12, 2017
the Netherlands
I also think it'd be valuable to mention that the dollar:content ratio of the Lapiz rank is awful, and that it's perhaps the worst rank to purchase. Perhaps prioritise both Lapiz and Obsidian when considering to add new perks, seeing as unlike every other rank, these two do not add gameplay experience in any way, nor make said experiences more enjoyable.

1) Cosmetics =/= content, since it doesn't make the server experience more enjoyable. Nobody cares about your cosmetic appearance anyways since there are so many different armour sets available, and most people disable players anyways due to lag
2) Being able to vote for the time of day doesn't change the gameplay at all, and you'll probably stop using it all together after a while

I had an idea yesterday that is very similar to the chest-type voting system, yet includes every rank for numerous gamemodes. will work on it soon if anybody is interested in it.

I totally agree with this.

Troublesomee

Forum Veteran
Feb 6, 2016
Hai all,
This thread is not an official update thread; it's what an update thread regarding the proposed changes could look like. Furthermore, I do not fully support, nor fully oppose, the idea of altering the rank prices seeing as I am not an economist and do not know whether said changes would improve the server's revenue or not. Enjoy :)

Hello cubesters! Today we're releasing another batch of updates, this time themed around our store!

Rank price reductions
The prices of our higher-end ranks are being reduced to better match the rewards that they offer. Said prices are subject to change in the future, however we feel that as of now, they do not offer enough perks to correspond with their real-world price tag.

Iron rank: £15 - £15
Lapiz rank: £25 - £20
Gold rank: £35 - £25
Diamond rank: £55 - £40
Emerald rank: £90 - £70
Obsidian rank: £140 - £120

Compensation

"I purchased my rank prior to the price reductions. Can I have a refund?" - CCG Community, 2k17

Sadly, we do not offer refunds for any purchases made in our store. However, we understand that you may feel cheated, having paid more than the rank's newly assigned value. Therefore, we are going to be introducing a number of new rewards that are exclusive to those who purchased their ranks prior to the price changes. Said rewards will never be obtainable ever again, making you truly unique.

Iron rank:
-5,000 vanity points
-5x Vote Voucher

Lapiz rank:
-10,000 vanity points
-10x Vote Voucher

Gold rank:
-20,000 vanity points
-10 Cubelets
-1x Cubelet Collector
-1x Vanity shower
-20x Vote Voucher

Diamond rank:
-35,000 vanity points
-15 Cubelets
-1x Cubelet Collector
-1x Vanity shower
-Speed IV boots

Emerald rank:
-50,000 vanity points
-20 Cubelets
-3x Cubelet Collector
-3x Vanity shower
-Speed IV boots

Obsidian rank:
-100,000 vanity points
-50 Cubelets
-5x Cubelet Collector
-5x Vanity shower
-Speed IV boots

New Store Items
The store sees a new batch of items! Dust off your wallets and keyboards, as you are rewarded more than ever for playing with friends!

Cubelet Collector (£2.99)

The Cubelet collector is a brand new consumable item that will increase your chances of obtaining a cubelet for the next two hours! Your usual odds will be tripled, and on top of that, you'll even have a chance to find a cubelet when you lose a game!

Furthermore, anybody that's in the same party and game as you during the time of this item's activation will also receive the benefits of the Cubelet Collector. In fact, your odds of finding a cubelet are increased by 5% for every player involved! (Cap. 20%; buff will not take effect in 'Solo' gamemodes)

Lastly, all achievements that you complete will also award you with an additional cubelet!

Vanity shower (£2.99)

The Vanity shower is a new consumable item that finally gives you a chance to share vanity points with friends! Upon activation, you'll receive a small amount of vanity points for every action that you perform on the server for the next two hours. For example, getting kills will give you five vanity points, and winning games will give you one hundred. losing games will grant you a generous thirty, and all the while, every death will give you two!

Furthermore, anybody that's in the same party and game as you during the time of this item's activation will also receive the benefits of the Cubelet Collector. In fact, the amount of vanity points you receive is increased by 5% for every player involved! (Cap. 20%; buff will not take effect in 'Solo' gamemodes)

Lastly, all achievements that you complete will also award you with two-hundred vanity points!

Vote Voucher x5 (£1.99)

Can't afford a rank to vote for your favourite chest type, but want to be able to anyways? Well now you can, with Vote Vouchers! As implied by their name, Vote Vouchers are consumable items which allow you to force a chest type of your choosing; once consumed, nobody will be able to vote otherwise.

In addition, Vote Vouchers can be acquired individually as a 'Rare' reward from Cubelets, and in stacks of five as a 'Legendary' reward! Absolutely tasty, mate.

Speed IV boots (£9.99)

It can be tiresome, having to run back and forth from the lobby spawn and the game signs! Well, tire no more, as we offer you a perk that will cut the time that it takes for you to run between said places in half! The 'Speed IV' boots will be displayed as enchanted Diamond boots, and can be accessed via the Vanity menu. I doubt I'll need to explain what enchantment these boots give the wearer...

Donations and Redstone rank (£20)

A 'Donate' option has been added to the store, allowing you to donate any amount of money to the server of your choosing. There will be no rewards for doing this, however we greatly appreciate your determination to keep our server up and running.

If however you donate over £20, you will receive a Redstone rank. Said rank has no perks and grants access to two gadgets: 'Redstone Ore Transform', and 'Redstone Block Transform'. The Redstone rank can be freely interchanged between your highest current rank via the Vanity menu, if you wish to display your main rank instead.

Other:
-/Fly is now automatically entered upon entering a lobby (Emerald+), meaning that you no longer have to retype the command to head to the stars
-There is now a party feature! See here for details: https://www.cubecraft.net/threads/party-and-potential-features.185856/
-A Redstone rank has been added to the server, alongside a Red Prefix
-The plugin from Hide and Seek has made its way into the lobbies! You can now disguise yourself as a block of your choice, assuming you have permission to equip them. Sadly, these blocks will only be made available to those who have purchased a rank prior to the 31st March 2017 for the time being, however packs of them may become available via the store or via cubelets, later on down the line

What are your opinions on this idiot's suggestion? Also, give me some credit - I wrote this at 2:47am! :O
Thanks for making this thread, it's really good :P!
Yes please.

DanDaDino

Dedicated Member
Mar 31, 2017
i nu tell u
www.cubecraft.net
I just want a rubik_cube_man miniature :p but good idea! I agree that the ranks should be less expensive and love the idea of people (like me) who have paid more, get exclusive items. Would be a lot of work but would be really good if they could add it!

Gainfullterror

Forum Professional
Mar 24, 2016
Breakfast for Dinner Club HQ
www.cubecraft.net
Compensation

Iron rank:
-5,000 vanity points
-5x Vote Voucher

Lapiz rank:
-10,000 vanity points
-10x Vote Voucher

Gold rank:
-20,000 vanity points
-10 Cubelets
-1x Cubelet Collector
-1x Vanity shower
-20x Vote Voucher

Diamond rank:
-35,000 vanity points
-15 Cubelets
-1x Cubelet Collector
-1x Vanity shower
-Speed IV boots

Emerald rank:
-50,000 vanity points
-20 Cubelets
-3x Cubelet Collector
-3x Vanity shower
-Speed IV boots

Obsidian rank:
-100,000 vanity points
-50 Cubelets
-5x Cubelet Collector
-5x Vanity shower
-Speed IV boots

This suggestion is nearly perfect.
I understand that people would hate to have the price for ranks dropped down, as they may feel scammed, but I'm just not sold on the "Exclusive features" for people that bought them beforehand.
I'm okay with one-time use things like Point Multipliers, Cubelets, Vanity points, etc. but I don't really like the part where they get specific gadgets, hats and miniatures. This is just my opinion though.

---
Some things I want to specify if I'd have suggested this:
-Point multipliers can be used for all games
-Point multipliers gained from this change will only last half of the time compared to a normal one (Just so we don't have double points in each gamemode for the entire day for the next 20 weeks)

---
Overall though, the store needs some better deals. Maybe even a separate combo package that gives you :a rank, multipliers & miniatures for like 80% of the total price.
This would also work well for @Dotsy 's miniature suggestion, as that has a ton of potential for special deals in combination with Vote vouchers, ranks, cubelet collectors, etc.

---
I'm okay with Cubelet collectors, but this:
seems pretty unnecessary to be honest. Most players already have a lot of achievements accomplished.

Most of these features would be great to be included by @Dotsy 's miniature thread.

---
Vote vouchers? I don't see why not!

But this:
Vote Vouchers are consumable items which allow you to force a chest type of your choosing; once consumed, nobody will be able to vote otherwise.
This seems kind of powerful to me, as there are a TON of gold- ranks. For a week or two, I'd imagine a lot of games being OP.
Also, will someone be able to vote EVERY factor on their own? I can imagine people ruining someone else's choice by voting triple HP for instance.

I'd love to see this be a thing IF:
-Only one person can use one of these in a game
-The person that has used one may vote for ALL factors of the game
-You don't get them in Cubelets (Because I rather not have a bunch of random people voting for things because they got them in a Cubelet. It's just bad imo)

---
Vanity showers are a cool suggestion, but lose the "sharing vanity points with friends" part. People that bought the iron rank bought it for either Vanity Points, or map selectors. Players could lose the value of their rank because of it.
I do see that it won't be common, but people can do this and grind for a day & get over 10K vanity points with ease.
I'd be 100% okay with this if vanity points weren't given out to stone ranks.

---
If however you donate over £20, you will receive a Redstone rank. Said rank has no perks and grants access to two gadgets: 'Redstone Ore Transform', and 'Redstone Block Transform'. The Redstone rank can be freely interchanged between your highest current rank via the Vanity menu, if you wish to display your main rank instead.
The rank seems pointless to me, as it has no purpose. People that donate over £20 will have most likely purchase a rank over donating for the server.
Besides, a regular rank is enough to show your support.

DanDaDino

Dedicated Member
Mar 31, 2017
i nu tell u
www.cubecraft.net
This suggestion is nearly perfect.
I understand that people would hate to have the price for ranks dropped down, as they may feel scammed, but I'm just not sold on the "Exclusive features" for people that bought them beforehand.
I'm okay with one-time use things like Point Multipliers, Cubelets, Vanity points, etc. but I don't really like the part where they get specific gadgets, hats and miniatures. This is just my opinion though.

---
Some things I want to specify if I'd have suggested this:
-Point multipliers can be used for all games
-Point multipliers gained from this change will only last half of the time compared to a normal one (Just so we don't have double points in each gamemode for the entire day for the next 20 weeks)

---
Overall though, the store needs some better deals. Maybe even a separate combo package that gives you :a rank, multipliers & miniatures for like 80% of the total price.
This would also work well for @Dotsy 's miniature suggestion, as that has a ton of potential for special deals in combination with Vote vouchers, ranks, cubelet collectors, etc.

---
I'm okay with Cubelet collectors, but this:

seems pretty unnecessary to be honest. Most players already have a lot of achievements accomplished.

Most of these features would be great to be included by @Dotsy 's miniature thread.

---
Vote vouchers? I don't see why not!

But this:

This seems kind of powerful to me, as there are a TON of gold- ranks. For a week or two, I'd imagine a lot of games being OP.
Also, will someone be able to vote EVERY factor on their own? I can imagine people ruining someone else's choice by voting triple HP for instance.

I'd love to see this be a thing IF:
-Only one person can use one of these in a game
-The person that has used one may vote for ALL factors of the game
-You don't get them in Cubelets (Because I rather not have a bunch of random people voting for things because they got them in a Cubelet. It's just bad imo)

---
Vanity showers are a cool suggestion, but lose the "sharing vanity points with friends" part. People that bought the iron rank bought it for either Vanity Points, or map selectors. Players could lose the value of their rank because of it.
I do see that it won't be common, but people can do this and grind for a day & get over 10K vanity points with ease.
I'd be 100% okay with this if vanity points weren't given out to stone ranks.

---

The rank seems pointless to me, as it has no purpose. People that donate over £20 will have most likely purchase a rank over donating for the server.
Besides, a regular rank is enough to show your support.
What about my rubik_cube_man miniature? :p Tbh I think I quite like the idea of exclusive items. I don't think a bunch of 1 time usage items would really make up for the £20 lost. Without them, a lot of ranks wouldn't be happy because would be losing money

Gainfullterror

Forum Professional
Mar 24, 2016
Breakfast for Dinner Club HQ
www.cubecraft.net
What about my rubik_cube_man miniature? :p Tbh I think I quite like the idea of exclusive items. I don't think a bunch of 1 time usage items would really make up for the £20 lost. Without them, a lot of ranks wouldn't be happy because would be losing money
So, getting over £50 worth of items won't compensate?
And as I said:
I don't really like the part where they get specific gadgets, hats and miniatures.
Same goes for the Rubik miniature

Whatever floats your boat, since it's just my opinion.

DanDaDino

Dedicated Member
Mar 31, 2017
i nu tell u
www.cubecraft.net
I guess, I just don't really like one time usage items. Sorry if it looked like I was trying to say you were wrong. I think maybe if they do add extra cosmetics and minituares and stuff, it should be buy able from the shop as well, so not only people who bought a rank can have them. But there definitely needs to be a change in prices, it's just what the ranks who had already bought a rank would feel if other people were getting the same items for less money. If it were me, I would want something worth the £20. I was just joking about the minituare, but I think prior ranks need something other than a bunch of one time usage items to make up for the money they've lost because, tbh, the items probably aren't going to last long

Reactions: Power Ranger
Members Online

Team online

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

JokeKaedee wrote on xEefster's profile.
Happy birthday, Eef <3
Thank you all for your sweet birthday wishes 💕
UncleSpect wrote on xEefster's profile.
Happy birthday! 🎈
UncleSpect wrote on Eli's profile.
Happy birthday! 🎈
This is YOUR daily dose of facts #56-
About 3.2 billion people around the world (roughly 46% of the global population) watched at least a minute of the 2010 World Cup!
Top Bottom