Minecraft PC IP: play.cubecraft.net
Jun 7, 2021
Bedrock Edition
Okay, so I'm very new to Skyblock, in fact, I've never played it fully before two days ago when I was bored and saw it on Cubecraft. I've seen the concept, it seems fun, and since I'm trash at PVP I decided to give it a try. I read the FAQs thread but did not find this information there so I will be asking my questions here. I've noticed that every server has different Skyblock rules, I would like to know the following about Cubecraft Skyblock:

- How similar is it to regular Minecraft survival? By this, I mean how many things are locked behind a paywall. For example, I played on a server that required players to pay to use hoppers, which is a deal-breaker for me and I would like to not invest my time into a game mode that locks vanilla features behind a paywall.

- I read that Cubecraft Skyblock is set on 1.8, what does that mean in terms of Redstone, and which features are not present in comparison to current Minecraft? I am not familiar with the Minecraft update system that is 1.2-1.9, I only know 1.12-1.18. I'm a bedrock player, I think bedrock doesn't have the first update system, I'm not sure.

- Can you visit other players' islands like on Hypixel?

- What happens if you fall into the void or die?

- Are there leaderboards?

- How "inflated" is the money system and is it hard to acquire money (tips appreciated)? I've noticed that buying blocks can get as expensive as 1 for 10,000 or something around those prices, don't remember precisely. However, I've also noticed quests sometimes give a lot of money as a reward.

- Are there interactions or quests that can happen between other players aside from visiting their islands (if that's possible)?

- Do the nether and end islands have a similar or equal gameplay structure as the overworld (no spoilers)?

- Are villagers a thing? Iron farms?

For now, these are all the questions I have. I will probably have more in the future, but if you have made it this far down into my post I appreciate the time you have given me. But I appreciate you more if you have answered my questions, yes, I do pick favorites ;).

quartz 🌈

Aug 12, 2020
the furry fandom
By this, I mean how many things are locked behind a paywall. For example, I played on a server that required players to pay to use hoppers, which is a deal-breaker for me and I would like to not invest my time into a game mode that locks vanilla features behind a paywall.
only thing locked behind a paywall are grow boosters and furniture
I read that Cubecraft Skyblock is set on 1.8, what does that mean in terms of Redstone, and which features are not present in comparison to current Minecraft? I am not familiar with the Minecraft update system that is 1.2-1.9, I only know 1.12-1.18. I'm a bedrock player, I think bedrock doesn't have the first update system, I'm not sure.
its on 1.9 and will be updated to 1.12 soon
Can you visit other players' islands like on Hypixel?
afaik no
What happens if you fall into the void or die?
you lose half of your coins iirc
Are there leaderboards?
no
How "inflated" is the money system and is it hard to acquire money (tips appreciated)? I've noticed that buying blocks can get as expensive as 1 for 10,000 or something around those prices, don't remember precisely. However, I've also noticed quests sometimes give a lot of money as a reward.
there's no economy really
Are there interactions or quests that can happen between other players aside from visiting their islands (if that's possible)?
not that I know of
Do the nether and end islands have a similar or equal gameplay structure as the overworld (no spoilers)?
I'm not in the nether yet so I don't know
Are villagers a thing? Iron farms?
nop

Dec 12, 2020
Texas
www.youtube.com
Okay, so I'm very new to Skyblock, in fact, I've never played it fully before two days ago when I was bored and saw it on Cubecraft. I've seen the concept, it seems fun, and since I'm trash at PVP I decided to give it a try. I read the FAQs thread but did not find this information there so I will be asking my questions here. I've noticed that every server has different Skyblock rules, I would like to know the following about Cubecraft Skyblock:

- How similar is it to regular Minecraft survival? By this, I mean how many things are locked behind a paywall. For example, I played on a server that required players to pay to use hoppers, which is a deal-breaker for me and I would like to not invest my time into a game mode that locks vanilla features behind a paywall.

You don't have to pay for anything. There is an option to buy stuff but it is not needed to enjoy and finish the game.
- I read that Cubecraft Skyblock is set on 1.8, what does that mean in terms of Redstone, and which features are not present in comparison to current Minecraft? I am not familiar with the Minecraft update system that is 1.2-1.9, I only know 1.12-1.18. I'm a bedrock player, I think bedrock doesn't have the first update system, I'm not sure.

Yes. Co-op in my opinion makes this game even more fun. Just be careful to let only people that you know and trust into your world save. If you are interested, I host a co-op on a YT live stream.
You don't lose half of your coins as the other person said. It is 10% or 20%. You get a similar loss of XP. The best part is you don't lose the items that you were carrying.
I'm not aware of any leaderboards.
- How "inflated" is the money system and is it hard to acquire money (tips appreciated)? I've noticed that buying blocks can get as expensive as 1 for 10,000 or something around those prices, don't remember precisely. However, I've also noticed quests sometimes give a lot of money as a reward.
If you play smart, you can earn money by doing nothing. I use simple droppers that make mobs likes cows fall to there death. I get the leather and raw beef and sell it. This game rewards people who play smart in my opinion.
- Are there interactions or quests that can happen between other players aside from visiting their islands (if that's possible)?
There is no PvP. The game is designed for players to work together. Griefing is possible, so don't let in people you do not trust.
- Do the nether and end islands have a similar or equal gameplay structure as the overworld (no spoilers)?
The nether is similar to what you would expect. It basically gets you additional blocks and items to use in your game.
Villagers are used for buying and selling. You can sell surplus items and buy stuff that you need. The things you buy are generally expensive. In other words, you need to work a little bit. You can't just buy anything because you will run out of money.

The game uses generators for coal, lapis, iron, etc. You don't start with all of them. You unlock them over time. Generators give a resource and then you have to wait for the generator to "refresh" before using it again.
For now, these are all the questions I have. I will probably have more in the future, but if you have made it this far down into my post I appreciate the time you have given me. But I appreciate you more if you have answered my questions, yes, I do pick favorites ;).

This game has a quest based progression. You are given a series of tasks. Some are easy and some take a little more time. Completing quests gives you rewards.

You start on a tiny island with limited resources.

Some of the quests will unlock new islands which you can explore. You will typically get a handful of new things: mobs, resources, etc each time you discover a new island.

I strongly encourage you to give this game a try. It is super fun. You can also get an idea of what the game is like by looking for my videos on Youtube.

Xavi | Goofy

Quality Assurance and Support
Team CubeCraft
🧪 Quality Assurance
💌 Customer Support
May 14, 2019
Belgium
Pronouns
He/Him
I recommend reading Tim’s message before since I will only be adding some stuff. For the rest everything is well explained and stand behind what he said.

You don't lose half of your coins as the other person said. It is 10% or 20%. You get a similar loss of XP. The best part is you don't lose the items that you were carrying.
You lose 10% of your money and 20% of your go upon death.

I'm not aware of any leaderboards.
This discord server has an unofficial leaderboard based on the island wealth.
The further you progress thru the islands the more money you will be able to make. I recommend trying to make a farm of the item you last unlocked. For example on the 6th island use the melons (with silk touch) they give more money than the crops unlocked on the previous islands. To unlock new islands complete the yellow (bedrock)/ top bar (Java) quests.

littlemoose1609

Novice Member
Mar 3, 2021

1. It is similar because it has a vanilla aspect to it, just doesn't have every vanilla thing to it because it's a server. Also you can completely play this F2P, so your fine o that.

2. It is set on 1.8 so that means netherite and some other things aren't in the game. Redstone isn't in the game because (and I think) people can make lag machines causing the servers to crash. Skyblock also has a grinding system so Cubecraft probably doesn't want you to automate everything.

You cannot visit islands (yet),

When you fall into the void, You lose 20% of you XP and 10% of your coins,

And lastly, there isn't any leaderboards because skyblock is for fun and not to be competetive.

That price isn't that bad compared later game items. (Items can go up to 200 million coins)

The quests are for you to do unless your in a coop which coop members also help do the quests.

Yes they do, just one thing, the end isn't out yet.

Villagers aren't a thing and the only way to get iron is mining.

Members Online

Team online

Latest profile posts

Reesle wrote on The NightGhost02's profile.
Happy Birthday!! 🥳
TheOrderOfSapphire wrote on Egg🥚's profile.
Happy Birthday!:D
Thjis wrote on CubeCraft's profile.
Happy Bday Cube Bedrock!
ToonBer wrote on Egg🥚's profile.
Gefeliciteerd eitje!
Top Bottom