Minecraft PC IP: play.cubecraft.net

Rakion

Aug 2, 2016
Hello, you can call me Sinbad (old name: IDynamicI and RageyPlayZ). I was very bored and decided to do this thread for people who are beginners in PvP.

Keys
The normal minecraft default keys are not very efficent when it comes to PvPing especially the sprint key, I put my sprint key in the SPACEBAR and my jumping in E I put my jump in the spacebar because it is so much easier to auto sprint with it, the normal one is the L control or hit double W, that makes it very uncomfortable to actually strafe or sprint, so I decided to make it in the spacebar so it's easily accesible for me, and can keep auto sprinting for ever, my E key is closer to my D and E then the spacebar and i can just switch back and forth, it is also very helpful for 360 strafing if you're strafing in the left, and it will make your life easier. You would have to get used to the keys though!

I saw it in a website long time ago and decided to share it here:

Auto-Sprinting
As many of you may know there is a way to constantly stay sprinting, the default is the control button. When this came out at 1.7 it completely changed Minecraft pvp forever. This is because whenever you hit someone it breaks your sprint, so you cannot hit them anymore. Using control sprinting you continue sprinting no matter what, allowing you to keep chasing people without having to stop. If you do not use it already, it is the first step to improving Minecraft pvp. I personally keep it as the Control button, however many players also set it to the middle click on a mouse using the scroll wheel (known as button 3 on minecraft settings). Set it to whatever is easiest to constantly hold down while playing.

Strafing:
Strafing is essentially moving in circles around a player when attacking them so you can dodge their hits. It is much harder to strafe when using only the double tap to sprint. Like mentioned above I highly suggest using the control sprinting, or whatever key you set it to. It is impossible to keep moving around hitting the player when every time you hit them your sprint stops. While strafing it is good to jump up and down, to sort of 'bob and weave', and also to give criticals, which I will explain next.

Critical Hits
In Minecraft when you are mid-air moving in a downward direction and hit someone, that hit will do up to 50% more damage, plus one heart. Criticals also do extra knockback. When a critical hit is done gray-ish particles fly out from the mob/player hit. These particles can be changed, I will get to that later. Criticals have to be timed, because if you hit on the way up it will not work. Criticals can be done using anything, including the fist, any tools, blocks, items, etc. It is also possible to crit using a bow and arrow, the bow must be fully charged and the gray particles will fly off of the arrow. This deals much more damage as well. Criticals are essential to most pvp strategies, such as strafing and combos.

Fishing Rod/Combos
A combo is short for combination, or a rapid succession of hits. Combos are usually done using a fishing rod. A basic combo is hitting them with a fishing rod, stunning them (knocking them back), then getting a couple good hits, whether it be crits or double-hits (I will get to that next). Combinations can be used to quickly deal a lot of damage on a player, especially if you catch them off guard. The fishing rod is a very effective item for PvP. It is utilized to get combos and knock players back, especially when you are trying to escape in the water. It is also the best tool for trying to catch up with someone. If you are close behind them, you can hit them using the fishing rod into a wall, tree, or any obstacle, allowing you to get one or two hits on them.

Bows
The key thing about using a bow is anticipation. You have to anticipate where the player is going to go when you shoot. If the player is going around a turn shoot ahead of them at the right spot. Being able to hit a target at a distance while they are moving takes practice, and that is the only way to improve. I would suggest playing turf wars to practice your bow skills. Another important thing about using a bow is to charge it back completely (not in turf wars though). A non-fully charged bow only deals half a heart of damage and some knockback, while a fully-charged deals much more. One good combo using a bow is to shoot a player while they are charging directly at you, since it knocks them back and allows you to get a crit or double hit.

Crosshairs
The crosshair is the thing in the middle of the screen that shows where you are facing. The default crosshair is a cross (obviously). Alternate crosshairs have thinner lines, no lines at all, and some are circles. Different crosshairs may help you with aiming your bow. I highly recommend trying different crosshairs, as you never know until you try. Crosshairs can be changed by using different resource packs, which I will cover next.

Resource Packs
Different resource packs may help your PvP. Everything is up to your preference, you can mix and match resource packs to create the perfect one for you. Different resource packs have different crosshairs. Many resource packs chance the texture critical and regular hits, allowing you to see which one is which much easier. Some people stick with default and others say some packs help their pvp.

FOV
FOV stands for field of view and is exactly that. The larger your FOV the more you can see on your screen. I personally play on the normal FOV, even though I realize it might be better to have a higher FOV. Since there is a large difference between Normal and Quake Pro, I would suggest gradually increasing your FOV, like one per day.

I

matcha

Forum Veteran
Nov 15, 2016
Droptown
Strafing, straightlining, s taps, w taps, etc are basic skills in pvp. These should always be learned first. Working on your preference should come after that or in between :D. (fov, sensitivity, texture packs, etc.) Anyways, this is a nice guide :D

Members Online

Team online

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

UncleSpect wrote on TheOrderOfSapphire's profile.
cool moderator!
UncleSpect wrote on JellyFish01's profile.
Happy birthday! 🎈
TheOrderOfSapphire wrote on privqted's profile.
Cool Youtuber!
Basketman wrote on JellyFish01's profile.
Happy Birthday! 🎂
TheOrderOfSapphire wrote on JellyFish01's profile.
Happy Birthday!:D
Top Bottom