Status
Not open for further replies.

RelatedNoobs

Partner
🤝 Partner 💜
Nov 17, 2019
Heya,

I'm surprised this hasn't been suggested before but here we go-

I have been wanting some sort of easier way to let players join my party while I'm live without picking and choosing. Currently the only way to join a party is to receive an invite - meaning when I want to play EggWars mega for example I have to pick and choose 9 random viewers to join my team and it's kinda tedious.

My idea is to have a "public party" system, where you simply start a party, set the max players, and then players can simply type "/p accept {name}" to join. This would be super useful for streamers, and others who just want to fill party spaces. I know of some other servers that have a similar system and would love to have something similar.

Thanks for your time.

RelatedNoobs

Partner
🤝 Partner 💜
Nov 17, 2019
Good idea. Just make a room and anyone can join. Would the max amount of players be the same as a normal party though? As I can see this being a paid feature that allows more players in a party. Would be useful for FFA and basically all game modes.
Yeah, I suggested to have a set max players when making the party public too though since not all games can fit your full party in them (like how you may have 10 player slots but you want to play teams of 4)

Reactions: Click Greatness

prepbox

Jul 27, 2021
Amazing idea! Instead of a pick and choose system it's just first come first serve! I really hope this gets considered.

Reactions: RelatedNoobs

ShinyArrow

Forum Expert
Aug 31, 2019
The Netherlands
Pronouns
He/Him
I really like this suggestion, mostly because this gives players a possibility to play with random players. Currently if you are in a lobby you will see players asking for a party to join or for people to play with. A feature like this Public Parties will definitely solve this problem and has even more values.

I have suggested something similar in the past: party page. I would like to suggest a part of my old suggestion to this Public Party, where players can find 'open' parties, without searching for one. For example a npc can be placed somewhere in the lobby with all public parties mentioned on it, via this npc you can also join a public party. In this way you can set a public party open for everyone to join, not only people who are watching for example your stream or are friends with you.

RelatedNoobs

Partner
🤝 Partner 💜
Nov 17, 2019
I really like this suggestion, mostly because this gives players a possibility to play with random players. Currently if you are in a lobby you will see players asking for a party to join or for people to play with. A feature like this Public Parties will definitely solve this problem and has even more values.

I have suggested something similar in the past: party page. I would like to suggest a part of my old suggestion to this Public Party, where players can find 'open' parties, without searching for one. For example a npc can be placed somewhere in the lobby with all public parties mentioned on it, via this npc you can also join a public party. In this way you can set a public party open for everyone to join, not only people who are watching for example your stream or are friends with you.
I love this idea. It would be awesome to name parties and say what game the owner wants to play too!

Reactions: ShinyArrow

jelliobean

Jan 26, 2020
Heyo RelatedNoobs!

Thank you so much for your suggestion! We've discussed this with the team and we think it's a great idea! I'll be putting it on planned for now! This may take some time as our parties system is slightly outdated.

Thank you! ^-^

Status
Not open for further replies.
Members Online

Team online

Latest profile posts

mojang nerf mobile players pls
Someone nerfed me because I can't find those hidden chests as easily anymore.. I won't stop trying tho >:c
help I haven't done ANYTHING I wanna do something:((((
Top Bottom