Minecraft PC IP: play.cubecraft.net

Nikoshka

Dedicated Member
Jan 10, 2018
In most cases it is far better to let a suggestion develop organically than it is to have someone from management give their opinion and polarise the discussion.

1) For some suggestions, I don't think that's the case. For example:
https://www.cubecraft.net/threads/a...k-player-stats-to-stats-cubecraft-net.212096/
What about this idea. I really doubt anyone could find anything negative to say about this idea ^
Plus, it's incredible easy to do with very little lines of code required.

2) Honestly, I'd rather have management which are giving their opinions and talking with the community than those who just ignore us.

3) If management actually talked to us more often and stopped being so blocked in communication, the community would realise that your comment is just an opinion rather than a final statement and that we can still contest it with different arguments.

When I first became a moderator, I felt a bit intimidated by management because they never really communicated or anything. They were just 'there', with power and whenever something bad happened, only then they stepped in. If you communicate with people more on the forums and stop locking threads for going against your opinions, then people will feel more comforted to disagree with your opinions.

driima

Quest Master
Jan 23, 2018
United Kingdom
Plus, it's incredible easy to do with very little lines of code required.

Some things aren't as simple as adding a few lines of code.

Here's a great way to visualise why it takes time to change things or add new things - imagine that you're building a tower. You only have enough money to make it out of wood to begin with and there's only a few floors. The foundations aren't great but it's steady. Over time, you add more floors until you have a fairly decent tower, but it's still made out of wood, and adding onto it might make it unstable. It's time to change to a more durable material, but you can't simply remove a whole floor and make a change like that, the tower would come tumbling down. Instead, you make the change slowly, ensuring that the foundations are secure that the tower still stands.

Changes on the top floor of the tower are easy to make, but making changes to the bottom floor has the potential to bring the tower down if not done right. It's a metaphor, but it applies to how things work sometimes.

Unless it's made in Minecraft where Gravity doesn't apply ;)

Shallidor

Dedicated Member
Feb 2, 2018

Here's a great way to visualise why it takes time to change things or add new things - imagine that you're building a tower. You only have enough money to make it out of wood to begin with and there's only a few floors. The foundations aren't great but it's steady. Over time, you add more floors until you have a fairly decent tower, but it's still made out of wood, and adding onto it might make it unstable. It's time to change to a more durable material, but you can't simply remove a whole floor and make a change like that, the tower would come tumbling down. Instead, you make the change slowly, ensuring that the foundations are secure that the tower still stands.

Changes on the top floor of the tower are easy to make, but making changes to the bottom floor has the potential to bring the tower down if not done right. It's a metaphor, but it applies to how things work sometimes.

But if you already have the code from another game, it shouldn't be so hard to implement it?
For example, letting your whole team get the winning rewards after a game, also the players who died (if they're still in the game of course).
It's implemented in a few games, isn't it just copying a few lines of code and pasting/adjusting it a little?

Reactions: Lilleh__

Nikoshka

Dedicated Member
Jan 10, 2018

I fully understand but you're taking my first point out of context. :P

I was referring to the extremely simple suggestions which can easily be implemented in less than 15 minutes such as my suggestion with the seperate player counter which requires a few lines of php/html code.

driima

Quest Master
Jan 23, 2018
United Kingdom
I fully understand but you're taking my first point out of context. :p

I was referring to the extremely simple suggestions which can easily be implemented in less than 15 minutes such as my suggestion with the seperate player counter which requires a few lines of php/html code.

I'm speaking in general terms to try and help people understand that when they think something takes less than 15 minutes to change or implement, it's not always as simple as that. I know web, but I haven't had the opportunity to look at or develop anything on the web side since I've been here, so I can't say something will take 15 minutes to implement when I have no idea how things are done behind the scenes.

It's implemented in a few games, isn't it just copying a few lines of code and pasting/adjusting it a little?

Some games were made before others by other developers. Trust me I wish things were as quick and simple as copying and pasting code but it creates a whole plethora of issues and also makes changing and implementing things extra difficult down the line. That's why we spend time making sure things are done correctly.

Members Online

Team online

Members online

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

LitDs have been about the normal, human-to-human relationships in the world, so there's a lot of ideas that I want to write, that are not so grand or lore-focused.

But I don't really want to write anymore.

I literally went through today with no motivation to do ANYTHING... help me.
This past week has seriously been the worst. Terrible things keep happening one after the other.
I have no motivation to write (as well as a bunch of things that I need to get done). However, I have this random plot idea of a new LitD. Two characters who are rivals in many cooking competitions throughout their lives but one of them is in love with the other.

1716070529301.png
Matriox wrote on Frontlane's profile.
🕺
TheOrderOfSapphire wrote on qSxgttt's profile.
Happy Birthday!:D
Top Bottom