Minecraft PC IP: play.cubecraft.net

What should happen?

• Total voters

Gainfullterror

Forum Professional
Mar 24, 2016
Breakfast for Dinner Club HQ
www.cubecraft.net
So I see that people are finally starting to bring light to the mess that is projectile voting in Skywars. Here's another take on a solution:

So I've noticed that many people generally lean towards this common solution: Add a separate board.
The main argument against that, was that it may end up dying out like no kits & abilities did. None of us have any proof that it would, as we don't even know what the people who can't vote for projectiles would vote for. But let's just go along with the prediction that everyone would still play the no-projectile mode, including all stone, iron and lapiz ranks.

What's another possible solution to this?
Well, the more I think about it, the more unfair the odds are. And that's mainly because it seems like No Projectiles always wins when it's a tie between votes. If there's 1 for normal projectiles and 1 for no projectiles, no projectiles always wins. Same goes with 2-2, 3-3, etc.
So the first thing to do is: Fix that. Make it a 50/50 and not a guaranteed no projectiles game.
Second thing: Make the projectile selection a completely chance based system. Majority based systems are neat and all, but it's proven to be awful for the skywars projectile voting. The only way to keep everything on the same board, while still increasing the amount of normal projectile games for those of us who like it that way, is to determine the result through chances.
If there's 1 vote for normal- and 7 votes for no projectiles, there will be a 12.5% chance for the game to result in normal projectiles. You may think that it's still not much, but I'd rather take that over the 0% we get at even a draw between votes.

In short:
-Fix the voting draw always favoring no projectiles by making it so it's a 50/50 system.
-Rework the projectile selection system into a version that selects the type by chance alone. If there's 1 vote for normal- and 3 votes for no projectiles, there should be a 25% chance of the game selecting normal projectiles. No majority-wins system.

D

Deleted member 352903

And that's mainly because it seems like No Projectiles always wins when it's a tie between votes. If there's 1 for normal projectiles and 1 for no projectiles, no projectiles always wins. Same goes with 2-2, 3-3, etc
I think this already exists. When I vote for normal projectiles and another guy votes for no projectiles sometimes it's selected normal projectiles. Correct me if I'm wrong.
If I'm wrong, I agree, there should be a 50% chance
And I definitely agree with your other suggestion, it will be more fair

Reactions: Nevermind3476

CyberAutumn

Dedicated Member
Feb 25, 2017
Around
Pronouns
She/They
I am voting that it should stay the way it is because I don't think it's that big of an issue, really. As said in another thread, I favor No Projectiles because I don't wish to be shot off every game I play. The only probable solution, in my opinion, is to make a separate board. Obviously, people who buy a rank that allows you to vote (gold, diamond, etc) should have their rights to play what they want. I do not wish it to be by chance, because that basically ruins the point of actually getting a rank for voting purposes, which is one of the main purposes to buying a rank.
In my opinion, I think voting for Normal Projectiles increases the chance for campers. I know you can record and report, but that ruins your game 100%. You can sit on your island and shoot anyone off that comes near. With No Projectiles, you actually have a chance to build to them without getting easily knocked off 20 blocks away.
This is only my opinion, I understand a lot of people want bows and eggs and snowballs. But we should vote for the game mode we want to play, not have it changed 'by chance' to another.

MagnificentSpam

Forum Expert
Mar 16, 2016
Obviously, people who buy a rank that allows you to vote (gold, diamond, etc) should have their rights to play what they want. I do not wish it to be by chance, because that basically ruins the point of actually getting a rank for voting purposes, which is one of the main purposes to buying a rank.
I bought a rank and I cannot play with Normal Projectiles. That means the current system doesn't work either, right?
I think you might have misread the post, he doesn't say votes should be removed completely.
If there's 1 vote for normal- and 7 votes for no projectiles, there will be a 12.5% chance for the game to result in normal projectiles. You may think that it's still not much, but I'd rather take that over the 0% we get at even a draw between votes.

D

Deleted member 352903

This would increase the chances to play Normal Projectiles. It’s very difficult to play with Normal Projectiles right now. It should definitely get implemented

CyberAutumn

Dedicated Member
Feb 25, 2017
Around
Pronouns
She/They
I bought a rank and I cannot play with Normal Projectiles. That means the current system doesn't work either, right?
I think you might have misread the post, he doesn't say votes should be removed completely.
I understand what you're trying to suggest. I just don't see this mechanism working at all. The reason I'm not for this is because I do not like Normal Projectiles and Basic mode, along with every other player who votes No Projectiles. As I've said in every other response, I do not wish to be shot off every single game I play.
In my opinion, it should be moved to another board.
Having it be by chance will ruin the point in me actually trying to vote, if it won't actually be what I vote for. I didn't waste MY money on the main reason to buy my rank, just to have my vote changed "by chance."
I just see moving it to a different board will be an easier option...

MagnificentSpam

Forum Expert
Mar 16, 2016
Having it be by chance will ruin the point in me actually trying to vote, if it won't actually be what I vote for. I didn't waste MY money on the main reason to buy my rank, just to have my vote changed "by chance."
You understand that "by chance" refers to a chance proportional to the votes for that option? It would not make votes useless, in fact with that system every vote is worth the same. If the majority wins, a vote for an unpopular option is worthless as soon as there are other players with rank in the game. A separate board would obviously be better, but apparently it's impossible to have two gamemodes because there aren't enough players anymore.

Lezappen

Forum Expert
Jan 30, 2016
Toulouse (France)
No, no projectiles should be the one and only gamemode, eggs and snowballs are for people who do not know how to pvp, winning by pvp should be the only win condition, which is why we have maps with less void such as canyon and the revamped version of paris..
Tnt, traps, snowballs, arrows, I don't even see why they should even be in the game.

CyberAutumn

Dedicated Member
Feb 25, 2017
Around
Pronouns
She/They
You understand that "by chance" refers to a chance proportional to the votes for that option? It would not make votes useless, in fact with that system every vote is worth the same. If the majority wins, a vote for an unpopular option is worthless as soon as there are other players with rank in the game. A separate board would obviously be better, but apparently it's impossible to have two gamemodes because there aren't enough players anymore.
I am referring to GainfullTerror's example of "by chance." Majority should always rule out, there's no doubt about it.
As for there not being enough players, Cube has most definitely seen better days. That's why there should be even more original games, attracting more players.
Sky Wars and Egg Wars are the most popular games at the moment. I don't see how there aren't enough players to have a separate board put it.

Reactions: Nevermind3476

Qin Shihuangdi

Forum Expert
Nov 11, 2015
The Orange House
I understand what you're trying to suggest. I just don't see this mechanism working at all. The reason I'm not for this is because I do not like Normal Projectiles and Basic mode, along with every other player who votes No Projectiles. As I've said in every other response, I do not wish to be shot off every single game I play.
In my opinion, it should be moved to another board.
I just see moving it to a different board will be an easier option...
Sounds a lot like being conformist. So you like the majority position, and in every single voting option I like a minority option except skywars and survival games chest types (I'm fine with any type in Skywars and SG). However, I've played like 3 games on Cube the entire year, mostly due to this projectile vote. Eggwars got boring for me, Arcade got boring, and pretty much everything except Skywars and SG I just lost interest in. I mix in some SG once in a while, but I do not enjoy skywars without projectiles. Keeping people at a distance is my style of play, and without projectiles I have to rely on TNT to do it, which is unnecessarily complex and doesn't provide nearly enough "ammo"

LinoYT

Novice Member
Apr 26, 2017
Ecuador
Do you want to play with or without projectiles? easy, you can acquire a rank in the store, do not you have money? dedicate yourself to the game, as simple as that, the projectiles are advantages and disadvantages depending on the game (normal - Op).
Both the decision to choose projectiles and not, results in: campers, towers, etc., in some cases can inform them, what should change is the number of qualified votes for each range at the time of choosing: chests, weather.

D

Deleted member 352903

Do you want to play with or without projectiles? easy, you can acquire a rank in the store
There are at least 3 rankers in every game voting for no projectiles. Normal projectiles is rarely selected, once every 10000000 games
Both the decision to choose projectiles and not, results in: campers, towers,
Stop saying that normal projectiles = campers. There are campers in no projectiles too. Also, it isn't a good point

Gainfullterror

Forum Professional
Mar 24, 2016
Breakfast for Dinner Club HQ
www.cubecraft.net
Do you want to play with or without projectiles? easy, you can acquire a rank in the store, do not you have money? dedicate yourself to the game, as simple as that, the projectiles are advantages and disadvantages depending on the game (normal - Op).
79e27e52cc50ac44fde8992a18eeb558.png

Plus

Majority based systems are neat and all, but it's proven to be awful for the skywars projectile voting.
I vote for normal projectiles every single game I play, with no results since there's always about 4 others who vote no projectiles. I've played about 500 games since no projectiles was implemented, so I think that's enough experience to be able to determine that the voting as of right now is a broken system.

I am referring to GainfullTerror's example of "by chance." Majority should always rule out, there's no doubt about it.
As for there not being enough players, Cube has most definitely seen better days. That's why there should be even more original games, attracting more players.
Hate to say it, but majority wins results in a system that the minority literally doesn't stand a chance against. Sure, people could say "get a rank and vote against it", but that doesn't even help. I dare you to try and go 3 games of normal projectiles in a row during peak times, playing on your own in solo skywars. You'll hardly be able to find one, let alone two or three in a row.
The only way to give some interest to the minority at this point is to have a chance based system.
I've also noticed that you missed the fact that a chance based system still favors the majority, but doesn't render the minority's votes useless. Chance based system is the most fair way to do the voting in this case, since the majority keeps their majority perks. Besides, if you're voting 7 against 1 for normal projectiles, you'll only have a 1 in 8 chance for it not to be what you want.
Also, attracting more players in order to have one mode seem more appealing isn't quite a valid solution to the lack of players thing, since "getting more players" really isn't something you could do with a single added game or update. Besides, that's not the point of this suggestion.

Members Online

Team online

Latest profile posts

This is YOUR daily dose of facts #49-
Domestic cats can run faster than Olympic medalist Usain Bolt. Top speed for a cat is about 30mph (48.28kmh), whereas Bolt's record is 27mph (43.45kmh).
Xi1m wrote on Mivke's profile.
hapi birthdasy!
TheOrderOfSapphire wrote on UnfWasTaken's profile.
Welcome to the forums!:D I hope you will enjoy your stay here ^-^
Eli wrote on Pineapple's profile.
Hi Applepine
Just got a perfect game of Bedwars Duos. Really wish I was recording :/
IMG_5334.png
Top Bottom