Minecraft PC IP: play.cubecraft.net

Read the thread first.

• Add just the "power-up" buffers (Strength, Jump etc.)

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Add the "power-up" ones and the Health Buffers

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters

RPoule

Dedicated Member
Jan 13, 2016
Netherlands
Another simple but effective Eggwars suggestion.
Overpowered Eggwars is, as it stands, by far the most preferred gamemode.
Hardcore items clearly stand out from Normal items, the cost goes up by a huge margin, in numbers and in token-type and you don't naturally regenerate anymore.

Overpowered items however, don't really change much in the actual gameplay, yes the items are enchanted but that still leaves you with the same balance as in normal. Many items cost exactly the same, aside from a discount in blocks and a huge discount in food (which is the main reason for players liking Overpowered). Oh and also, some extra endgame items are added which, as the name implies, are only available in the endgame.

Here's my suggestion: To make Overpowered item-types stand out more from Normal item-types, add a whole new Villager Shop section where you're able to buy potions for balanced prices. Potion effects like Strength, Speed, Jump-Boost etc. would all make Overpowered feel more different compared to Normal, just like Hardcore does. Potions are also quite 'Overpowered' imo so they'd fit right in.

I don't know about Health Potions as they usually only stagnate fights, but they could give players overpowered advantages on the other hand (just like Sharp V, Diamond Gear and Notch apples for the price of 10 diamonds).
I also like the idea of debuf potions (wither, weakness, slowness etc.)

The potions would also balance the ridiculously overpowered notch apples a bit.

imo they'd all make for a great addition. Added a poll, put the health and debuf potions in a different voting category.

bai

CatsLoveRainbows

Dedicated Member
May 28, 2017
California
I love the idea. Just one tweak.

I think it would be better to keep Overpowered the way it is and have a new eggwars voting option: "Potions Mode"

Potions mode could either be Normal or Overpowered based, but have a new potion villager where you can buy potions.

And potions could consist of levels (Speed I or Speed II) and there could be harmful potions as well (Slowness, Posion)

I think this new mode could add a new playstyle, add more strategy, and spice up the game in general.

- CatsLoveRainbows

Reactions: RPoule

RPoule

Dedicated Member
Jan 13, 2016
Netherlands
I love the idea. Just one tweak.

I think it would be better to keep Overpowered the way it is and have a new eggwars voting option: "Potions Mode"

Potions mode could either be Normal or Overpowered based, but have a new potion villager where you can buy potions.

And potions could consist of levels (Speed I or Speed II) and there could be harmful potions as well (Slowness, Posion)

I think this new mode could add a new playstyle, add more strategy, and spice up the game in general.

- CatsLoveRainbows
This crossed my mind too, however, Potions'd have to be a late-game item if they'd be played with normal-items, which make them less exciting in the first place. but they'd also be way too dominant. I think they'd be a more fun addition to Overpowered items only.

Reactions: CatsLoveRainbows

Alexp192

Honor and Glory!
Team CubeCraft
🔨 Moderator
May 6, 2018
España, Andalucia
www.youtube.com
Pronouns
He/Him
Potions of strength and speed??? Thank you, but no. This break the game and if you use this potions in the 95% of the cases is win, in a normal game you can win by being at a disadvantage but with this type of potion it would make everything "easier" to eliminate a team by yourself without any help

Reactions: ItzJqlmer

RPoule

Dedicated Member
Jan 13, 2016
Netherlands
Potions of strength and speed??? Thank you, but no. This break the game and if you use this potions in the 95% of the cases is win, in a normal game you can win by being at a disadvantage but with this type of potion it would make everything "easier" to eliminate a team by yourself without any help
Sounds like "Overpowered" to me. Which is exactly what it should be, Overpowered items in its current state isn't overpowered at all, its just cheaper Normal items with the exact same enchantments. Oh and a Sharp V sword for the cost of 64 diamonds.

Reactions: AdamvriesssGG

AdamvriesssGG

Jan 20, 2020
Another simple but effective Eggwars suggestion.
Overpowered Eggwars is, as it stands, by far the most preferred gamemode.
Hardcore items clearly stand out from Normal items, the cost goes up by a huge margin, in numbers and in token-type and you don't naturally regenerate anymore.

Overpowered items however, don't really change much in the actual gameplay, yes the items are enchanted but that still leaves you with the same balance as in normal. Many items cost exactly the same, aside from a discount in blocks and a huge discount in food (which is the main reason for players liking Overpowered). Oh and also, some extra endgame items are added which, as the name implies, are only available in the endgame.

Here's my suggestion: To make Overpowered item-types stand out more from Normal item-types, add a whole new Villager Shop section where you're able to buy potions for balanced prices. Potion effects like Strength, Speed, Jump-Boost etc. would all make Overpowered feel more different compared to Normal, just like Hardcore does. Potions are also quite 'Overpowered' imo so they'd fit right in.

I don't know about Health Potions as they usually only stagnate fights, but they could give players overpowered advantages on the other hand (just like Sharp V, Diamond Gear and Notch apples for the price of 10 diamonds).
I also like the idea of debuf potions (wither, weakness, slowness etc.)

The potions would also balance the ridiculously overpowered notch apples a bit.

imo they'd all make for a great addition. Added a poll, put the health and debuf potions in a different voting category.

bai
I dont think that i agree with the potion idea but i deffinetly agree that overpowered should stand out more

Members Online

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Xi1m wrote on Capitan's profile.
you’re officially cool
IMG_9112.jpeg
Eli wrote on matcha's profile.
Happy to see you around! :)
I got my first 20k kills in FFA!:D
20 000 kills in ffa picture 2.png
Reesle wrote on Maxminedigger's profile.
Happy Birthday! 🎈🧁
Livvv wrote on Maxminedigger's profile.
GRATTIS MAXI TAXIIIIIIIII!!!!!!!!!💕🎉🙌
Top Bottom