Minecraft PC IP: play.cubecraft.net

CamiSimmons

Jan 9, 2018
The price of the gaps would have to be the same as before, if they want a higher price, there is already the standard health / normal items (2 gold), this is OverPowered, and it does not have to cost 3 gold. Has no sense. Besides that if you are in a 3 vs 1, there is no chance to win or resist a little. In addition, the most voted modality for which we have ranges is: half health / overpowered and that is why it is necessary that the gaps are worth little.

Now only those who play in '' party '' will win because they have better and more players, because you will not always play a good team, and you have to defend yourself against 3 or 4 of another team.

The purchasing system is too drastic and very damaging for the attacker, because if you go to the island of a team, and you kill one, in less than 2 seconds it has already been re-equipped, while we break the armor and we spend the gaps that are expensive. This only benefits the campers. It damages the gameplay.

Now when you die, you should wait until your hearts run out to just appear on the island (Hypixel's idea), quite absurd since it's just a waste of time. Imagine a triple health or a normal health, or eating a notch and being thrown away, it will take you to respawn until all your hearts are gone.

And the updates made by the great mod '' Camezonda '', took them from suggestions of posts in the forum, which are very few votes, not even reach 50 people. The mod did not bother to do even a survey of those who really play that modality and we are not here in the forum; He listened to a few people, and did not consult with those who really play the EggWars modality.

A radical change in the update of what was an excellent game mode. They do not get to solve the thousands of bugs that there are, they do not add good maps constantly, and they only make the game worse.

@Camezonda , this is NOT BEDWARS

By the way, the damage has increased, or the resistance dropped, but it does not feel the same as the pvp time in EggWars.

Camezonda

Release Manager/Team Ops 🏳️‍🌈
Team CubeCraft
💙 Admin Team
Jul 23, 2015
Manchester
twitter.com
Pronouns
He/They
Hey, thanks for making a thread about your feedback. I'm going to cover some of your points. The prices for golden apples were too much for what they were. We haven't made golden apples so expensive, we've upped the price a bit to make it fair for the amount of effects the apples offer. I read through a lot of suggest threads and comments on different platforms saying that the golden apples are too cheap, and I even agreed with them. In Normal mode, Golden apples used to cost 2 golden tokens, golden apples are too OP for Normal mode to be that cheap. There were more people wanting them to be more expensive than cheaper, and when I get it changed the people that liked them the way they were decide to speak up. People need to speak up when other people are wanting to change something that you like, such as the golden apple prices. @Sophie has made extremely solid points about the prices with golden apples as well.

The purchasing system is fast, clean and easy to use, and it's even more helpful with the auto-equip armour feature. I understand that this allows players to get items to defend themselves faster, but that's the challenge with EggWars. It might impact you when you're attacking, but if you're defending your egg, it's very helpful. You need to look at things at both points of view, not just one, even if it's just yours.

The suggestions weren't all made from me. I made a document specification and the developer took some of the ideas to implemented them into EggWars. The other suggestions are most likely going to be added at a later date. Most of the suggestions and features added into EggWars were mainly QOL features and not community features. QOL features are what makes the games easier for players, makes the game flow better without having a big impact on the game. My job as Product Manager is to get good suggestions, with what I see on the forums, ingame and on different platforms such as Twitter and Discord. I collect the suggestions and feedback and decide whether to implement the idea. Most of the ideas added into EggWars on the latest update were wanted by the community, and as it's my job to listen to the community, I did just that.

I'm sorry that you feel that this update has made EggWars worse, but some updates for some players aren't the best. Updates cannot make everyone happy and myself, the developers and CubeCraft cannot satisfy every player equally. For all of the features added in the latest update, all of them are staying as they are at this time. The feedback on this update has been mainly positive and from a statistics stand point it was a good update. Updates are a combination of new maps, improvements, QOL and new features and bug fixes, sometimes it's just them on their own. When we update a game, people expect maps to be with the update, so we include it with it, to make people happy the best we can. I'm not quite sure what you mean by "They do not get to solve the thousands of bugs that there are", but I'll reply to it in the way I think you're trying to say it. In this update we fixed most, if not all of the bugs found in EggWars. If you believe that this is false, please feel free to make a bug report on it, we can only know that there are bugs if they are reported to us.

Thanks! :)

Sophie

Forum Professional
May 1, 2014
Arendine Sink
The price of the gaps would have to be the same as before, if they want a higher price, there is already the standard health / normal items (2 gold), this is OverPowered, and it does not have to cost 3 gold. Has no sense. Besides that if you are in a 3 vs 1, there is no chance to win or resist a little. In addition, the most voted modality for which we have ranges is: half health / overpowered and that is why it is necessary that the gaps are worth little.
The low cost meant golden apples over-centralised the gameplay. Five minutes into every match, everybody alive essentially received a permanent increase to health, regeneration and resistance due to their extremely low cost. This meant higher times to kill and therefore much longer games. When everybody is overpowered, nobody is. Campers would rarely die with the lower cost, meaning they could stockpile enough gear to camp forever. The game was way too safe. Why bother fighting somebody when your armour will break in the process? The late-game became an arms race to out-shop the opponent so you didn't run out of armour or golden apples mid-fight. This isn't healthy game design, there should be constant action with very few moments where absolutely nothing is happening. The increased cost doesn't invalidate golden apples, it just puts them more in line with other food options. That is what they were always supposed to be; one of many options, not the only viable option there is.

Now only those who play in '' party '' will win because they have better and more players, because you will not always play a good team, and you have to defend yourself against 3 or 4 of another team.
You might die faster, but so will they. All that's changed is the time it takes to kill somebody. Even on the defensive you will benefit, because your shots will actually mean something now. Players won't be able to instantly heal to full after you put twelve arrows in them, because doing so will cost much more. Strategic gameplay is more rewarding because the opponent cannot out-heal whatever benefit your strategy might have given you. If you play smarter, coordinated teams should not be an issue.

Now when you die, you should wait until your hearts run out to just appear on the island (Hypixel's idea), quite absurd since it's just a waste of time. Imagine a triple health or a normal health, or eating a notch and being thrown away, it will take you to respawn until all your hearts are gone.
This is a fantastic change! Killing somebody through the void should be more rewarding than brutally murdering them on land, because it is more circumstantial, predictable, and harder to pull off. I am sad that intentional suicides are less valuable now though.

And the updates made by the great mod '' Camezonda '', took them from suggestions of posts in the forum, which are very few votes, not even reach 50 people. The mod did not bother to do even a survey of those who really play that modality and we are not here in the forum; He listened to a few people, and did not consult with those who really play the EggWars modality.
Player feedback isn't necessarily more valuable than reason and logic, because plenty of people if asked will vote according to their best interests - not the best interests of the game. Take Free for All, for instance. When the Beast kit got nerfed entire clans came to the forums in protest claiming the game would be dead in a month. Almost a year later, it's still one of the most popular games on the server and the game is much healthier because of these balances. The Archer kit became viable to new players with few points, the Beast kit stopped over-centralising every map and the Samurai and Wizard kits became slightly less niche. I'm sure a lot of players dislike the changes because they invalidate their previous strategies. But once you've adjusted to the changes and have replaced those strategies, you'll find you are better than ever before at the game.

Here is an example on why high times to kill aren't always a good thing. Before an update in 2016, Free for All kits each spawned with five god apples. Sounds "overpowered", except because everybody spawned with them every fight came down to who could eat the least god apples and could preserve their armour the longest. You might win your first fight with two god apples to spare, but your second opponent will probably have five; instant loss. You might win with all your god apples, but your opponent will have unbroken armour; another instant loss. Our gear definitely felt strong, but we ourselves felt weak. It would take a minimum of a few-hundred hits to kill the most defensive players, and all you'd have to show for it was a broken sword. The game became 10x healthier once these god apples were removed, because the amount of damage you were taken actually mattered. Players were forced to pick their battles wisely, to flee when outmatched and to adopt strategies and environments that complemented their kits. Previously, whoever could click the fastest would win 9/10 fights.

CamiSimmons

Jan 9, 2018
my job to listen to the community, I did just that.

Seriously? Pay attention to the community within the game, not just a few people who tell you on Twitter or here in the Forum. I had to create my account to be able to make a post here.

CamiSimmons

Jan 9, 2018
The purchasing system is fast, clean and easy to use, and it's even more helpful with the auto-equip armour feature. I understand that this allows players to get items to defend themselves faster, but that's the challenge with EggWars. It might impact you when you're attacking, but if you're defending your egg, it's very helpful. You need to look at things at both points of view, not just one, even if it's just yours.
You completely changed the game mode. And I repeat, a good team does not always touch, and we have to face teams of 4 or 5, do you really think there is a possibility of winning? If while killing one, in less than 2 seconds it is again equipped. And these only stay at their base, and that lengthens the game too much.

CamiSimmons

Jan 9, 2018
Player feedback isn't necessarily more valuable than reason and logic, because plenty of people if asked will vote according to their best interests - not the best interests of the game. Take Free for All, for instance. When the Beast kit got nerfed entire clans came to the forums in protest claiming the game would be dead in a month. Almost a year later, it's still one of the most popular games on the server and the game is much healthier because of these balances. The Archer kit became viable to new players with few points, the Beast kit stopped over-centralising every map and the Samurai and Wizard kits became slightly less niche. I'm sure a lot of players dislike the changes because they invalidate their previous strategies. But once you've adjusted to the changes and have replaced those strategies, you'll find you are better than ever before at the game.

Well, 10k online players. Cubecraft went to 3500 :)

CamiSimmons

Jan 9, 2018
Hey, thanks for making a thread about your feedback. I'm going to cover some of your points. The prices for golden apples were too much for what they were. We haven't made golden apples so expensive, we've upped the price a bit to make it fair for the amount of effects the apples offer. I read through a lot of suggest threads and comments on different platforms saying that the golden apples are too cheap, and I even agreed with them. In Normal mode, Golden apples used to cost 2 golden tokens, golden apples are too OP for Normal mode to be that cheap.

That's why it's Overpowered, because they're op things, that's what mode is about. And I repeat again, that the apples were very good that price because they usually play more in the Half health / Overpowered mode. And there the price does not get high, because at any moment they can kill you.

CamiSimmons

Jan 9, 2018
@Camezonda

What they are looking for is that EggWars, become the same as BedWars, have already modified the purchase system, the way of death, the sounds when breaking the eggs or that a complete team is eliminated. And worst of all, there is a kit that makes iron armor cost less diamonds. They look for the game to last less and be more playable, but they add things that make it longer. Think about it.

Sophie

Forum Professional
May 1, 2014
Arendine Sink
And worst of all, there is a kit that makes iron armor cost less diamonds.
Beats the kit doing nothing practical at all. Surely this speeds up the game whilst introducing more strategy to the game? You can gear up quicker which results in less generator camping. Its benefit is amplified if you buy gear for each of your team mates.

Well, 10k online players. Cubecraft went to 3500 :)
That doesn't change the fact this update makes the game healthier, nor that many of the people complaining about the recent update are doing so purely because it inconveniences them - not the game itself. How do I know? Because people were complaining twenty minutes after release. Plenty of players have mentioned EggWars becoming boring and stale, and campers have been an issue since the game's release; this update was made with community feedback in mind, or at least those who provided feedback on the forums. A few reasons why the player counts have declined are Fortnite, Minecraft in general becoming stale (same meta since 2009), the failure that was BattleZone, unfriendly features (or lack thereof) in games such as Tower Defence, etc. Updates generally improved in early 2018, and I'm liking what I've seen and heard of 2019 already.

That's why it's Overpowered, because they're op things, that's what mode is about. And I repeat again, that the apples were very good that price because they usually play more in the Half health / Overpowered mode. And there the price does not get high, because at any moment they can kill you.
When everybody is overpowered, nobody is.

Jevmen

Forum Expert
Sep 17, 2017
Hallownest
Is ok now, before this update the figths always end when the armour broke because gapples was so cheap.
I think than in op 3 is a lot i think 2 must be ok.
And this is a game problem?
The purchasing system is too drastic and very damaging for the attacker, because if you go to the island of a team, and you kill one, in less than 2 seconds it has already been re-equipped, while we break the armor and we spend the gaps that are expensive. This only benefits the campers. It damages the gameplay.
You only get 2 seconds, and when is shoppibg you can trow it to the void because in the majority of the maps the villager is nearby to the void
I understand, is so anoying, but is usefull for see a good animation when you kill a player, but i think than made the respawn time shorter will fix this

Camezonda

Release Manager/Team Ops 🏳️‍🌈
Team CubeCraft
💙 Admin Team
Jul 23, 2015
Manchester
twitter.com
Pronouns
He/They
3500 in rush hour, and 1000 at night. Before there were 10k at peak time, and 4000 at night.
To note, you're looking at our Java player count. At peak times CubeCrafts' player count reaches 8-10k. The statistics are here: https://stats.cubecraft.net. I would comment on the other points, but I'm pretty sure I'd be repeating what other people have said.

Reactions: _The13thDoctor_
Members Online

Team online

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Uhh I might be the cause of this but, it spells W so 🤔
Thanks @AnolTongi for the image
1714853209132.png
SpringWarz wrote on Fesa's profile.
Stop complaining about people putting their names in bug reports, thank you!
Currently working on “New Skyblock Island” suggestion #7! It might be the most detailed one yet.
EpicShotz1432 wrote on yousif1playz's profile.
Happy birthday 🎉
Top Bottom