Votes: 7 38.9%
  • I make my own using the Minecraft character creator

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters

hoppyfrog28_

Novice Member
Jun 5, 2023
da swamp
Do you create your own Minecraft skin or use a pre-created one?

If you don't have a skin and want one:

You can get skins that are already created by other people and download them using minecraftskins.com (the Skindex)

If you want to create your own, you can use a website such as minecraftskins.com/skin-editor (the Skindex skin creator) or the app "Crafty Craft" (Available on the App Store and Google Play). You can also create your own skin through Minecraft using the character creator feature, but note that these skins will not show up on servers.

Reactions: Dualninja and Hoshi

Desiderata

Forum Expert
Oct 31, 2023
www.cubecraft.net
Pronouns
He/She/They
my current skin is a heavily edited version of this, with the librarian villager outfit slapped on top of it and the face edited a bit

you could see how it looks in my signature lol

figured out I'd do so because I need a character/persona that's basically Fischl from Genshin Impact but at the same time not her and something that represents my writer identity more

some of my older skins however was made pixel by pixel

Xi1m

Dedicated Member
Oct 25, 2023
Earth
When i first got minecraft on the Playstation, there was a 800 Minecoins card included with the minecraft disc i bought, and i redeemed it and proceeded to buy a skin pack which i used a skin from and that skin has stuck with me till today

CrystalLegend01

Jul 23, 2023
United States 🇺🇸
Pronouns
She/Her
I used Minecraft Skin Studio (from the App Store) to make my latest skin; the app costed around 2.99 I think, which means no subscriptions and no advertisements (Honestly a one time fee is a lot better than a subscription in my opinion)
The app was created by 57Digital, which happens to also be a Minecraft Marketplace creator, so that seems pretty authentic

I like the idea of making a skin pixel by pixel; I wanted to make a completely original skin that was me, and I did :)

Before this skin, I used a skin from the Minecraft Marketplace that was from a skin pack created by Mineplex. Mineplex was pretty good at creating skins in my opinion. I was pretty picky about skins I got from the marketplace and it would usually take some looking around to find one that I liked a lot
Speaking of Mineplex, I wonder when it will return as a server; I haven’t heard news about it lately. It was said to be planned to return a while ago, maybe under a different name

Hoshi

Speedy Wing Rush Gonzales
Aug 4, 2017
meow meow
youtube.com
Pronouns
She/Her
Oo! Interesting topic

Way back in the day I used to use skins I'd find online that I liked. Around 7.5 years ago I uploaded and used a skin all made by myself. This is the skin, for reference. It's still available on NameMC, lol. As you can likely see, it's not too good.

Ever since then, I've been making all my skins by myself, pixel by pixel. I personally think I've come a long way from then and still improve on my skills every time I make a new skin. Here are some of my more recent ones: #1, #2, #3! :D

Dualninja

Dedicated Member
Feb 9, 2021
Éire
Pronouns
She/Her
This is the skin I use on both Java and Bedrock. It's an edited version of This skin. On Bedrock I use the Founders cape with it, as it's the rarest cape I own on Bedrock. But on Java I just use the Cherry Blossom cape, because I don't have any rare capes on Java :P.

Reactions: CrystalLegend01

SlinkyGnu05604

Forum Expert
Jan 4, 2019
www.youtube.com
Like most people here, my skin is an edited version of another skin.
Attached are the original skin and the skin I use now:
Original Skin:
1703965617743.png

Current Skin:
1703965669731.png

There is a small story attached to the skins, the original skin I found it on a website around 2015. The current skin was made after I learned how to change outfits for skins in 2016/17, the outfit is the Ender Defender armor from Minecraft Story Mode (anyone remember that game?)

Desiderata

Forum Expert
Oct 31, 2023
www.cubecraft.net
Pronouns
He/She/They
Well, I prefer old school skins compared to skins that got modernized since 2017 ☠️
2014 skins got that certain charm/uniqueness to them, those from 2017-present feels unoriginal imo

which is why I usually take a more ambiguous style that doesn't look similar to those eboy/egirl skins circa 2019-present

Hoshi

Speedy Wing Rush Gonzales
Aug 4, 2017
meow meow
youtube.com
Pronouns
She/Her
There is a small story attached to the skins, the original skin I found it on a website around 2015. The current skin was made after I learned how to change outfits for skins in 2016/17, the outfit is the Ender Defender armor from Minecraft Story Mode (anyone remember that game?)
Minecraft Story Mode was so great, man. I can’t believe they discontinued it honestly.

Lyriie

Sr. Mod
Team CubeCraft
🛠️ Sr. Moderator
Mar 31, 2018
The first skin I ever made for myself was this one in 2017. For a while after that I was only editing other users' skins, but in early 2020 I started making full skins from scratch again. I hope to remake some of those skins sometime this year, but for now here are some of my favourites!
I'm currently lacking the motivation to make my own skins, so for now I use skins made by other people. My current skin is this one, which inspired the description of my character in the Forumer's Hunger Games.

Members Online

Team online

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

TheOrderOfSapphire wrote on WorriedSkate940's profile.
Pro helper!:D
Conea64 wrote on WorriedSkate940's profile.
I know I'm early but congratulations on being a colourful little fella
Xi1m wrote on camulos's profile.
happy broathdy
Basketman wrote on ImSatisfied's profile.
Happy Birthday!
Basketman wrote on camulos's profile.
Happy Birthday!
Top Bottom