Want point trading?

• Yes

Votes: 3 21.4%
  • No

Votes: 11 78.6%

• Total voters

betty's oldies

Forum Expert
What if you could trade points to another player? You can't trade vanity for it but you can trade it for cubelets (maybe XP).

(Edited in) Also have a limit on how many points you can trade and how many requests you can make. If you don't want any requests toward you, you can do /refusetrade.

Responses
1. Hackers will cheat and transfer those points to their main!
-Solution: Any points obtained from that transfer are subtracted. If the hacker is the main's alt, ban both. Each player should also have logs that only the staff can read. These logs also contain any transactions under those accounts.

2. Pay to win! It violates the EULA!
-No, that's why it's not exchangeable with vanity points. You can't trade vanity points for points.

3. You can earn the points yourself.
-Sure, but how many games does it take to get a kit, tower, or an ability? A lot of wins. It could even take months for a very active player to get just 1 or 2 maxed abilities in a game or even years to get all of them maxed just for one game! After a while, people won't need points once they have unlocked most, if not all, of the useful stuff in the server. This features serves as a point dump.

Last edited:

LanceDaniels

Forum Expert
Jul 4, 2016
I don't think that It would be necessary. In my opinion, you should win your own points by yourself, playing games and having fun.

Reactions: 6views_

Jeff_Bllkth

Forum Expert
Jul 7, 2016
Spain
bit.ly
I agree.
If you want to help someone getting points because it's hard to do it for that person this would be a nice and good way.
Also, I'd include something like a maximum amount per day and this should be used once each x days.

Spinnypoo

Dedicated Member
May 12, 2016
mum
www.cubecraft.net
I like and dislike this idea.
One because people will always beg for points in chat.
Two, you should really be getting them by yourself, and not depending on others.
Three, I don't get this part:
[QUOTE="hyperBravo, post: 813716, member: 129989"Solution: Any points obtained from that transfer are subtracted. If the hacker is the main's alt, ban both. Each player should also have logs that only the staff can read. These logs also contain any transactions under those accounts.[/QUOTE]
How will they know? It could just be a casual player.

But I do like the overall idea of being able to give points to others. Would be pretty neat :)

betty's oldies

Forum Expert
I like and dislike this idea.
One because people will always beg for points in chat.
Two, you should really be getting them by yourself, and not depending on others.
Three, I don't get this part:
[QUOTE="hyperBravo, post: 813716, member: 129989"Solution: Any points obtained from that transfer are subtracted. If the hacker is the main's alt, ban both. Each player should also have logs that only the staff can read. These logs also contain any transactions under those accounts.
In that case where it was a false hacking ban, then the points are restored if they were taken away.

Soeshi

Forum Veteran
Mar 28, 2016
The Netherlands.
And why should this be useful? Is it because you can give your friend points to buy for example a skywars kit because he is lazy to win his own points?
Well then is it for me a -1.

"Aaaah I can't buy a skywars kit because I don't have any points and without a kit I can't win!!!".
If you need a kit just play no kit mode you'll get points and everybody is equal.

Again, why should this be useful?

Last edited:

Shamel

Forum Expert
Dec 24, 2016
yes
And why should this be useful? Is it because you can give your friend points to buy for example a skywars kit because he is lazy to win his own points?
Well for then is it for me a -1.

"Aaaah I can't buy a skywars kit because I don't have any points and without a kit I can't win!!!".
If you need a kit just play no kit mode you'll get points and everybody is equal.

Again, why should this be useful?
I agree with you, i don't see the point of adding this.

Gainfullterror

Forum Professional
Mar 24, 2016
Breakfast for Dinner Club HQ
www.cubecraft.net
What if you could trade points to another player? You can't trade vanity for it but you can trade it for cubelets (maybe XP).
What's the point in trading Cubelets or XP? I don't like the idea of giving out cubelets or XP to others, but that's just my opinion.

(Edited in) Also have a limit on how many points you can trade and how many requests you can make. If you don't want any requests toward you, you can do /refusetrade.
That's probably the least of our worries, since you may as well just join another lobby to prevent them from sending a trade request (If it works by lobbies)
But if this were implemented, I guess that may happen to youtubers or staff members.

-Solution: Any points obtained from that transfer are subtracted. If the hacker is the main's alt, ban both. Each player should also have logs that only the staff can read. These logs also contain any transactions under those accounts.
Considering there's hundreds of hackers being banned a day, this isn't very practical.

-No, that's why it's not exchangeable with vanity points. You can't trade vanity points for points.
Not at all against the EULA as far as I know.

Troublesomee

Forum Veteran
Feb 6, 2016
XP?
I think no one is going to give away all his levels.

Cubelets, hmm, this doesn't really matter because you can only get trail, hats and some other cool things, hackers can't do anything special with it so I'd say yes to this one, there's also a dislike to this because this could only produce more spam.

Hmm trade points, as discussed above, players have to obtain their own points I agree with that.
Also, spam, a lot of players would spam because they want points.

As said foregoing, not very efficient/practical.

Ducky

Forum Professional
Dec 31, 2015
The Netherlands
I don't like this idea, due to the fact that @Soeshi is absolutely right and mate it's just nicer if your earn your points yourself in stead of that someone else has to earn them for you.

N

Nikboo

HyperBravo said:

We, as in the staff team, prefer to keep things simple when it comes to staff issues. This is because we have a very small team for such size of the server. Adding a point subtraction for moderators/admins would just complicate things to the max. We already have A LOT to deal with as staff of an understaffed server.

Also, I don't really like the idea of players begging in lobbies for points. I already receive a lot of messages as a moderator and I can't imagine how many people would message me asking for points or whatnot. >.<

I also believe that points should be earnt fair and square meaning that players should earn their own points.

Sorry, but it's a -1 from me.

Thibo_Skillzz

Mar 7, 2017
a place in Belgium

Responses

3. You can earn the points yourself.
-Sure, but how many games does it take to get a kit, tower, or an ability? A lot of wins. It could even take months for a very active player to get just 1 or 2 maxed abilities in a game or even years to get all of them maxed just for one game! After a while, people won't need points once they have unlocked most, if not all, of the useful stuff in the server. This features serves as a point dump.
Do you mean that u can give points to a friend or so?

Members Online

Team online

Latest profile posts

UncleSpect wrote on WorriedSkate940's profile.
congratss man! when 1000 👀
UncleSpect wrote on SanderVDB29's profile.
Happy birthday! 🎈
UncleSpect wrote on Mivke's profile.
Happy birthday Mivke! 🎈
Verideta wrote on WorriedSkate940's profile.
congrats on 500 messages!
Mintypie231 wrote on SanderVDB29's profile.
Happy birthday! 🎈 🎉
Top Bottom