Minecraft PC IP: play.cubecraft.net
Status
Not open for further replies.

MeggalBozale

Novice Member
Dec 9, 2017
It doesn't matter if it's satire or not, not that you can prove whether it is or not, either way, it doesn't belong in a Minecraft server. You insinuating it doesn't matter if only one person says it is like a kid threatening to shoot up a school and the school board says "well, it's only one person, doesn't matter". As for someone else saying this is going to die down, no it's not, considering new players will come across constantly and repeat the same thing. Bottom line: if anything, at least just remove the crosses. The building itself is pretty, but no need to promote one religion over another on this server.

Read tommy's post, they made a good point. The church is styled over this being possibly staged in Italy, where they are mainly roman catholic. It wouldn't make sense to fill the entire map with different churches, and removing the crosses is like.. what?? They already know it's a christian church, that's changing nothing.

"It doesn't matter if it's satire or not"
It kind of does, and satire is a make or break for a lot of things. There's a difference between meaning what you say when you tell someone that they'll burn in hell if they have their weapons out, or if you're just making fun how some people in that community reacts in a light-hearted way.

"I doubt most of the literal children on here even know about Italy, so it doesn't entirely matter."
You can't just put your reasoning "on the children", otherwise you get things like the earn-it act.

MeggalBozale

Novice Member
Dec 9, 2017
Also Loriayle, this is out of our* hands now, check this out:
GJeePeE.png

They're discussing it.

MrTommy

Dedicated Member
Jul 3, 2019
Legoworld
www.instagram.com
Pronouns
He/Him
I do realize that with the name and the look of it that it is most likely inspired by Italy. I understand that point, but at the end of the day, and based on how the players are responding to this, it doesn't belong in Minecraft. I doubt most of the literal children on here even know about Italy, so it doesn't entirely matter.
My point that i am trying to make is that the map is based of Italy and especially Venice, and most people in Europe know Italy and even more people have heard about VEnice: the city of romance, Chanels and city floodings periodally. And i don't think the designer or genrally anyone could have tought that people would act this starnge. and i think that saying: 'Toshow weapons in the church is a sin and you will be punisht by burning in hell' is allowed (would want staff member to confirm this for me please, and those reactions are totally not okay like not at all, those are the reasons why the church should be removed. but a little roleplaying is okay for me, in the end we are all playing games for fun

LordSidi0us

Forum Expert
Mar 1, 2019
Coruscant
I play ffa often and yet that’s the dumbest chat I have ever seen in FFA, which confirms my theory-this was a completely random ,,event””
I don’t see why it has to be removed, yes not everyone is Christian but I haven’t seen anyone being bothered from it being a church.

Reactions: remio

MrTommy

Dedicated Member
Jul 3, 2019
Legoworld
www.instagram.com
Pronouns
He/Him
nd removing the crosses is like.. what?? They already know it's a christian church, that's changing nothing.
i disagree on this, a church can be any building, in The Netherlands not every church is getting used every sunday, so instead of demoslihing this buildng or let it satnd empty they use it for other uses, like there is a appartment in there, or a gym. so removing the cross will be a good idea if this childish behaviour of some person don't change in the next days (not refering to all rp's) instead of a cross it could be a flag pole.

i made my point that churhes can bu used for anything, but if CubeCraft want to remove the cristian part you just remove every sigh of it being a cristian church

MeggalBozale

Novice Member
Dec 9, 2017
i disagree on this, a church can be any building, in The Netherlands not every church is getting used every sunday, so instead of demoslihing this buildng or let it satnd empty they use it for other uses, like there is a appartment in there, or a gym. so removing the cross will be a good idea if this childish behaviour of some person don't change in the next days (not refering to all rp's) instead of a cross it could be a flag pole.

i made my point that churhes can bu used for anything, but if CubeCraft want to remove the cristian part you just remove every sigh of it being a cristian church

My point in that was people still know the intent of it was to be a church, so the damage has already been done, they'll just still do the same antics, that really stops nothing. The only thing that changes is now it's.. not there.

Tl;dr It was there, now it wouldn't be, but people know it was. Mind is over matter rn.

_The13thDoctor_

Forum Professional
Jul 23, 2016
Chicago, Illinois
www.cubecraft.net
Pronouns
He/Him
Again, reading through chat religion besides praying to warz or general phrases are used. That's not even bad, if anything is funny and it's a unique thing. I enjoy it, and to be honest, it stopped the community on it from being as toxic, I rather read that then death threats and people saying looser. If they remove it there will be MANY complaints and I feel like there is nothing wrong with a cross. The time period matches the religion. The only issue personally is seeing the complaints.

Buuuddy

Forum Expert
Mar 31, 2016
Hey all!

We've decided to remove the church from the Canals map. We did not expect the church to have such a big impact on the FFA community, whether it is roleplaying on the server or discussing its removal on the forums. It was only a small part of the map but it was our fault for not thinking ahead. Obviously we did not want to make any statements and we would like to apologize if this is not what you expected from us as a server.

The map will be updated as soon as possible, but I cannot give details on what will be replacing the church!

Efcluke94

👀
Team CubeCraft
💙 Admin Team
🎨 Designer
Oct 20, 2013
Hello thanks for feedback, decided a 'library' was a good suggestion. I've quickly updated it, and added some parkour to try and make it fun for people to jump around and hide. Also added a little easter egg for our FFA community. Map should be getting updated now.

Other issues came across
- All note blocks have all been replaced to wood - due to complaint about how much noise they were producing
- Prevented users from sitting right next to spawn where they would be within the protection barrier
- Fixed an inescapable hole

Hope these fixes make everyone's experience better, enjoy!

Attachments

• 2020-03-21_11.55.47.png
    2020-03-21_11.55.47.png
    1.4 MB · Views: 184
  • 2020-03-21_12.02.16.png
    2020-03-21_12.02.16.png
    437.8 KB · Views: 145
Status
Not open for further replies.
Members Online

Team online

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Tripleee wrote on glo7776's profile.
Happy Birthday!
I love the mix of the spring and birthday lobby. Wish it lasted longer than a week.
IMG_5318.png
TheOrderOfSapphire wrote on glo7776's profile.
Happy Birthday! Have an awesome day on your special day ^-^
TheOrderOfSapphire wrote on r1ftz9462's profile.
Happy Birthday my friend ^-^ 🐸
Top Bottom