What do you think?

• I do not like this idea (Why?).

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters

AnimalTamer1

Forum Veteran
Jun 26, 2016
DISCLAIMER:
This does not mean the game will be added, I just wanted some opinions on a game idea I created.

A while ago I started to form an idea in my head of a game I would enjoy. Of course it came from other server ideas, but I changed and moderated it to make it more my own.
  • What is "Picture This"?
  • How to Play
  • Maps
  • Time to Build
  • Time Restraints
  • Modes
  • Categories
  • Sidebar

Picture This
Game Idea By: AnimalTamer1

What is "Picture This"?
The whole point of the game is to build specific words that are then made to be guessed by the players in the game. They will have creative mode while building and an allotted time to achieve this goal. There will be prep time in certain modes, which means they can not build during these times but will be allowed to gather their blocks they may need. This will be 1.9-1.12 only to allow for the new blocks. Unless in specific categories, all mobs, animals etc will be unavailable.
This will be a solo and team style game where in solo you are all trying to guess the one build, and the team mode would be one of you in a team gets to build, while the other teams get to guess. Whichever teams get it will receive half the amount of points that would have originally been given. In teams, every person gets one chance (at least) to build. Once someone guesses it right, the chat does not show what they guessed, but rather that they did guess it.
How to Play
Goal of the game:
Be the player/team that gets the most points.

How the game plays out / How to play:
A player/team is tasked to make a build that best represents the word they are given.
Players take turns guessing in an arena shaped map.
The players that guess it right get a certain number of points, while the builder also gets points once the build is guessed.

Team Mode
There will be one person randomly selected to represent the team building.
The amount of cycles is limited per player, depending on the total players in a map.
Games do not start unless there is over half the amount of players for that specific map.
The opposing teams are attempting to guess the build at the same time of one another.
They can only chat in a team chat, with no global chat.​

Maps
This will be based in an arena where they can have a center that is surrounded by areas where the players can run around to get a good view of the whole middle area to see what is being built. Make it so there are barrier blocks to prevent the players from getting into the middle, but also so no blocks are breaking their view. Create some sort of medieval design or other sorts of fancy yet simple designs that do not distract the players eyes too much.
Amount of players
Solo 8, 10, 14
Team 2-8 players per team, 32 players per map max

Time to Build
Allow the players to have a specific amount of time to build. Default could be 30 seconds, with 20 seconds to pick the blocks, or a minute with none to only 10 seconds of preparation time to grab blocks. Make the time able to be voted on so that the ranks can vote how long the players get to build. Meaning you can vote to add 1.5 or 3.5 minutes to the original time. The time will count down on the experience bar for the builder.

Time Restraints (Voting: Gold+)
Speed: 1 minute to build, 10-20 seconds prep time (Solo- Each player gets two building opportunities)
Simple: 2 minutes to build, 0-10 seconds prep time (Solo- Each player gets two building opportunities)
Normal: 3.5 minutes to build, 0-5 seconds prep time
Hardcore: 5 minutes to build, no prep time
Insane: Simple time, but you get to answer a question (on the category or a math question) that adds 30 seconds if you get it right, but can only do it once per build. You get 15 seconds to answer the question after it is displayed.
If there are no votes, it randomizes the selection.

Modes (Voting: Lapiz+)
Default (dirt, stone, cobble, wood logs and planks)
Rainbow (all clays, glass and wools, any colored block)
Engineer (coal blocks, redstone items, glowstone, portal blocks and all default blocks)
The End (all Nether and End blocks)
Casual (all blocks at the disposal of the builder)

Categories (Voting: Iron+)
Animals
Food
Sports (Villagers/Mobs accessible here, AI turned off)
Minecraft
Music
Nature (Animals accessible here, AI turned off)
During certain holidays, have a festive word list

Guessers: 1st person: 4 points 2nd person: 3 points 3rd person: 2 points Everyone after ½ a point
Builder: 1 points if guessed by the players, 4 points if everyone guessing gets it
Teams
The team gets 4 points if the guess it, 2 points for the team building if it is guessed.
Restrictions
If you are a builder you are unable to send chat messages (chat disabled) to prevent them from just typing the word out.
Everyone is in their own team chat, even in solo mode, so you can not see other peoples' guesses.
Once you guess it right, you are unable to chat anywhere until the next round (/fmsg is excluded from this filter).
All the names in tab are white to prevent any sort of spam, players trying to block them from seeing or other problems.
Trolling for this would be standing in front of someone to block their view/following them to continue this even when they move, building the word out and building inappropriate objects.
Text Style:Team names would be whatever color the team is (thinking maybe have a blue, green, purple and pink team)
(name) has guessed the build (1st, 2nd, 3rd etc.)!
(name) has won the game with # points!
(name) got second place with # points!
(name) got third place with # points!
Team # has won the game with # points!
Team(s) # could not guess the build in time.
Team # has guessed the build!
All players have guessed the build!
No one guessed the build.
Question
(name) got the right answer and has 30 more seconds to build!
(name) got the answer wrong.
Flashes on Screen for the builder:
You must build (word).
You have # of minutes.
Flashes on screen for everyone that is not building
Building: (name) or Building and Guessing: Team #
Example Questions
What is 1+1 ( or similar math questions)?
How many legs does a spider have?
Name one type of noodle?
How many sides does a cube have?
3lagbYXi22-0Q7kOUOr3XDPSz9gTdChSaBpoHHEnA3bk8k77wONwdhTLZs1Ta_8Ty__ccSkOZWJj052aspc4skObUOCtLuICJXgKaBS6FdF6bZSUhkApRvrOcm4zRnaQ3GEsDxSA

kTmoffHMfFJhgLdXV2RhYlwOgobwsfFR0UlKZlAVBPOzK6XO36_PU-r1hNvwAOaQ9fukOSo26SfdKR0RfSuBgNA-XD_BQhnQMGcG8sm5wcT5CfGISi0Rd_p-LJ8ZhfpTESZvPiUZ

Team Name:
w4Zk-Vs9YV5afr3TyLutLzxqINWEfIail1fB-B_YdBYt1J_XCdjfl5_tLH6jNhnjincR-n0PpaghcXOaYx-tcUGjMAUwms-fv8IKHDHU2qNvNi9ij3xGDKnpX84ExVmbt9KY2Qs8

o9G9coAE2_Rv329UpdbE6EDtItHr0Gq0eMu8lvBQLbMHbpTwsyjL3TVXRAWpHyo51m3OIOrvysQFmu2YJP6t4DVVKyFXzKnc61oGhp5w5EVGMAj0XgqaEvX9k3CWMdOj3DPrxWIU

v1oKDkoY1qsKTLBGC_bL45_D-z3K0ZsxGsBnQ0vEbO5qmjYbotpkoaUJ-iW7d2vJmyI5kwpvKWADpLXM6mFdZkDOIm5Y61oY2E2iulKOIjXm3Kyu-pFQbh8zHcIQ83zyIXXrNlQd

M9Fx0CBl7f9umrEpy-sfDYs7SLJeTnWUmFe28vLbV2XnyjvzkwJ9gsyp5_IJY2vfRot2-hIlVmvNmGkANyAXRM4UgMoyoLdyY9VXUhzJX6c8QvjJIldwaZkp5ktvj1Wh6On72hwb

yFlztT339PFlbqCRe94zM5vI-kjmlgF0qO3hgcqIwce5Po-bEftzpBK97PDEqIpc58KXzGYeXkPoEDBetuUIqmA9roLWWk2YdFYFukjOAoqI5nL93aA1960vHOxGaw6fJ0yvkva6

4u83gYJ_2dsVSDxgQhOjxWh9g3wA-YYSulWldvuortXI9b6PBGpaUuZwHDcF5rFmO3AIwwrPpGhsgy_eXw07ZV_3M-f9djCID0LoZb2nkZ1xnAswCdAtb77_Jal1rvTfO8IRPrCK

4_aGOCo8kkX9AjNjC4xN4ayHxEBCTzaT8P0Thl_ueSIBRA7X1CyiQdNYKpRHNxaQrQjilQslizBpcjYkiAmhJhMgPCsASR9sFaZRa-RIlkVKtkKmXZN8q42Q6ew8b2g_pPOhO4wG

3EpauYIPsoXRZJeEafvU-ZyWA93XcyOuxOrfR-48V-p1bTGpbUNGz-EVzUQdsvDjbLgMrTt9eNk8VZ4ZeNyxlrJ34GPZLYHAYxQ90CmJsN85Hg47o91fio7eKAZ8vYc4UMX9IT3M

bq6KorTRR-iTXUgcIgo-IS12CiicW1Mof7IPDLtuyOpAoOYDboghXr6lbH7wJ0p-wSyocZ4g1IjU9izexAsWgc4ulBXsReAQYgh-h15Co33pxUbo7uqDJf8blCEwoNaWK9bYuuaS

ZBkEOtdOqzd_264GwzOFdwYU-BGRXH3laHI8MGNmbjFrP9Tl-f-_mgejs5u9203uAiXSzFaZnJ3nUDXMmCYxBTy2tZbie2RO7KUOODXfQBLYFPozA_f81Ii_Nu_aFsb8oNGRropc

Sidebar
dsRDDLIxr-xHz6-Ngu2BzRXfty9dfra5hE7HcDtohGMsKNTq_MCc8JHFYplP73zg7t7tqjn4CESJ0HYQW4G9hlKTyNnzgCuMvJo_JX4D9a9QkRHo0e4Df21eC1Maj_9XGy0YY4DP
Picture This
Name # of points
Or
Team # # of points

Building:

Time Left:
DISCLAIMER:
This does not mean the game will be added, I just wanted some opinions on a game idea I created.

TheBoom989

Oct 11, 2017
DISCLAIMER:

A while ago I started to form an idea in my head of a game I would enjoy. Of course it came from other server ideas, but I changed and moderated it to make it more my own.
  • How to Play
  • Maps
  • Time to Build
  • Time Restraints
  • Modes
  • Categories
  • Sidebar

Picture This

What is "Picture This"?
The whole point of the game is to build specific words that are then made to be guessed by the players in the game. They will have creative mode while building and an allotted time to achieve this goal. There will be prep time in certain modes, which means they can not build during these times but will be allowed to gather their blocks they may need. This will be 1.9-1.12 only to allow for the new blocks. Unless in specific categories, all mobs, animals etc will be unavailable.
This will be a solo and team style game where in solo you are all trying to guess the one build, and the team mode would be one of you in a team gets to build, while the other teams get to guess. Whichever teams get it will receive half the amount of points that would have originally been given. In teams, every person gets one chance (at least) to build. Once someone guesses it right, the chat does not show what they guessed, but rather that they did guess it.
How to Play
Goal of the game:

A player/team is tasked to make a build that best represents the word they are given.
The players that guess it right get a certain number of points, while the builder also gets points once the build is guessed.

Team Mode
The amount of cycles is limited per player, depending on the total players in a map.
Games do not start unless there is over half the amount of players for that specific map.
The opposing teams are attempting to guess the build at the same time of one another.

Maps
This will be based in an arena where they can have a center that is surrounded by areas where the players can run around to get a good view of the whole middle area to see what is being built. Make it so there are barrier blocks to prevent the players from getting into the middle, but also so no blocks are breaking their view. Create some sort of medieval design or other sorts of fancy yet simple designs that do not distract the players eyes too much.
Amount of players
Solo 8, 10, 14

Time to Build
Allow the players to have a specific amount of time to build. Default could be 30 seconds, with 20 seconds to pick the blocks, or a minute with none to only 10 seconds of preparation time to grab blocks. Make the time able to be voted on so that the ranks can vote how long the players get to build. Meaning you can vote to add 1.5 or 3.5 minutes to the original time. The time will count down on the experience bar for the builder.

Speed: 1 minute to build, 10-20 seconds prep time (Solo- Each player gets two building opportunities)
Simple: 2 minutes to build, 0-10 seconds prep time (Solo- Each player gets two building opportunities)
Insane: Simple time, but you get to answer a question (on the category or a math question) that adds 30 seconds if you get it right, but can only do it once per build. You get 15 seconds to answer the question after it is displayed.

Engineer (coal blocks, redstone items, glowstone, portal blocks and all default blocks)

Animals
Food
Minecraft
Music

Guessers: 1st person: 4 points 2nd person: 3 points 3rd person: 2 points Everyone after ½ a point
Builder: 1 points if guessed by the players, 4 points if everyone guessing gets it
Teams
The team gets 4 points if the guess it, 2 points for the team building if it is guessed.
Restrictions
If you are a builder you are unable to send chat messages (chat disabled) to prevent them from just typing the word out.
Everyone is in their own team chat, even in solo mode, so you can not see other peoples' guesses.
Once you guess it right, you are unable to chat anywhere until the next round (/fmsg is excluded from this filter).
All the names in tab are white to prevent any sort of spam, players trying to block them from seeing or other problems.
Trolling for this would be standing in front of someone to block their view/following them to continue this even when they move, building the word out and building inappropriate objects.
Text Style:Team names would be whatever color the team is (thinking maybe have a blue, green, purple and pink team)
Question
You must build (word).
You have # of minutes.
Example Questions
Name one type of noodle?
3lagbYXi22-0Q7kOUOr3XDPSz9gTdChSaBpoHHEnA3bk8k77wONwdhTLZs1Ta_8Ty__ccSkOZWJj052aspc4skObUOCtLuICJXgKaBS6FdF6bZSUhkApRvrOcm4zRnaQ3GEsDxSA

kTmoffHMfFJhgLdXV2RhYlwOgobwsfFR0UlKZlAVBPOzK6XO36_PU-r1hNvwAOaQ9fukOSo26SfdKR0RfSuBgNA-XD_BQhnQMGcG8sm5wcT5CfGISi0Rd_p-LJ8ZhfpTESZvPiUZ

Team Name:
w4Zk-Vs9YV5afr3TyLutLzxqINWEfIail1fB-B_YdBYt1J_XCdjfl5_tLH6jNhnjincR-n0PpaghcXOaYx-tcUGjMAUwms-fv8IKHDHU2qNvNi9ij3xGDKnpX84ExVmbt9KY2Qs8

o9G9coAE2_Rv329UpdbE6EDtItHr0Gq0eMu8lvBQLbMHbpTwsyjL3TVXRAWpHyo51m3OIOrvysQFmu2YJP6t4DVVKyFXzKnc61oGhp5w5EVGMAj0XgqaEvX9k3CWMdOj3DPrxWIU

v1oKDkoY1qsKTLBGC_bL45_D-z3K0ZsxGsBnQ0vEbO5qmjYbotpkoaUJ-iW7d2vJmyI5kwpvKWADpLXM6mFdZkDOIm5Y61oY2E2iulKOIjXm3Kyu-pFQbh8zHcIQ83zyIXXrNlQd

M9Fx0CBl7f9umrEpy-sfDYs7SLJeTnWUmFe28vLbV2XnyjvzkwJ9gsyp5_IJY2vfRot2-hIlVmvNmGkANyAXRM4UgMoyoLdyY9VXUhzJX6c8QvjJIldwaZkp5ktvj1Wh6On72hwb

yFlztT339PFlbqCRe94zM5vI-kjmlgF0qO3hgcqIwce5Po-bEftzpBK97PDEqIpc58KXzGYeXkPoEDBetuUIqmA9roLWWk2YdFYFukjOAoqI5nL93aA1960vHOxGaw6fJ0yvkva6

4u83gYJ_2dsVSDxgQhOjxWh9g3wA-YYSulWldvuortXI9b6PBGpaUuZwHDcF5rFmO3AIwwrPpGhsgy_eXw07ZV_3M-f9djCID0LoZb2nkZ1xnAswCdAtb77_Jal1rvTfO8IRPrCK

4_aGOCo8kkX9AjNjC4xN4ayHxEBCTzaT8P0Thl_ueSIBRA7X1CyiQdNYKpRHNxaQrQjilQslizBpcjYkiAmhJhMgPCsASR9sFaZRa-RIlkVKtkKmXZN8q42Q6ew8b2g_pPOhO4wG

3EpauYIPsoXRZJeEafvU-ZyWA93XcyOuxOrfR-48V-p1bTGpbUNGz-EVzUQdsvDjbLgMrTt9eNk8VZ4ZeNyxlrJ34GPZLYHAYxQ90CmJsN85Hg47o91fio7eKAZ8vYc4UMX9IT3M

bq6KorTRR-iTXUgcIgo-IS12CiicW1Mof7IPDLtuyOpAoOYDboghXr6lbH7wJ0p-wSyocZ4g1IjU9izexAsWgc4ulBXsReAQYgh-h15Co33pxUbo7uqDJf8blCEwoNaWK9bYuuaS

ZBkEOtdOqzd_264GwzOFdwYU-BGRXH3laHI8MGNmbjFrP9Tl-f-_mgejs5u9203uAiXSzFaZnJ3nUDXMmCYxBTy2tZbie2RO7KUOODXfQBLYFPozA_f81Ii_Nu_aFsb8oNGRropc

Sidebar
dsRDDLIxr-xHz6-Ngu2BzRXfty9dfra5hE7HcDtohGMsKNTq_MCc8JHFYplP73zg7t7tqjn4CESJ0HYQW4G9hlKTyNnzgCuMvJo_JX4D9a9QkRHo0e4Df21eC1Maj_9XGy0YY4DP
Picture This
Name # of points
Or
Team # # of points

Building:

Time Left:
DISCLAIMER:
While I like this idea, the problem is that in all of these types of games, people will write out the word instead of trying to build it.

Reactions: Despacito 2

AnimalTamer1

Forum Veteran
Jun 26, 2016
Yes I know, I have read it, but is it bannable/kickable, a warning system or something else? It would also be really based to get everyone who does this.

AnimalTamer1

Forum Veteran
Jun 26, 2016
Yes it does, we have a current punishment for trolling. It would follow that if they build the word out. Since you are unable to chat to each other as a whole, there is no worry for people just typing it.

TheBoom989

Oct 11, 2017
Yes it does, we have a current punishment for trolling. It would follow that if they build the word out. Since you are unable to chat to each other as a whole, there is no worry for people just typing it.
Oh, ok, but it would be very difficult to get everyone who just builds the word, as so many people do. Maybe there could be a built in report button in-game?

AnimalTamer1

Forum Veteran
Jun 26, 2016
Oh, ok, but it would be very difficult to get everyone who just builds the word, as so many people do. Maybe there could be a built in report button in-game?
As I could see that being abused, most likely not. It will just be based off of reports.

Eli

Forum Veteran
Dec 25, 2017
Bogota, Colombia
DISCLAIMER:

• How to Play
  • Maps
  • Time to Build
  • Time Restraints
  • Modes
  • Categories
  • Sidebar

Picture This

What is "Picture This"?
How to Play
Goal of the game:

Team Mode

Maps
Amount of players
Solo 8, 10, 14

Time to Build

Animals
Food
Minecraft
Music

Teams
Restrictions
Question
You must build (word).
You have # of minutes.
Example Questions
Name one type of noodle?

Team Name:

Sidebar
Picture This
Name # of points
Or
Team # # of points

Building:

Time Left:
DISCLAIMER:
Seems like a fun game to play! I would totally love to see this on cubecraft.

AFreakingCookie (Hank)

Dedicated Member
Apr 3, 2016
DISCLAIMER:

• How to Play
  • Maps
  • Time to Build
  • Time Restraints
  • Modes
  • Categories
  • Sidebar

Picture This

What is "Picture This"?
How to Play
Goal of the game:

Team Mode

Maps
Amount of players
Solo 8, 10, 14

Time to Build

Animals
Food
Minecraft
Music

Teams
Restrictions
Question
You must build (word).
You have # of minutes.
Example Questions
Name one type of noodle?

Team Name:

Sidebar
Picture This
Name # of points
Or
Team # # of points

Building:

Time Left:
DISCLAIMER:
I would play this. I have played the one on mineplex before and on hypixel before I was banned on there, but it was a fun game.
+1

TyFoxy

Dedicated Member
Nov 26, 2015
Chrononshia
www.TyFoxy.com
DISCLAIMER:

• How to Play
  • Maps
  • Time to Build
  • Time Restraints
  • Modes
  • Categories
  • Sidebar

Picture This

What is "Picture This"?
How to Play
Goal of the game:

Team Mode

Maps
Amount of players
Solo 8, 10, 14

Time to Build

Animals
Food
Minecraft
Music

Teams
Restrictions
Question
You must build (word).
You have # of minutes.
Example Questions
Name one type of noodle?

Team Name:

Sidebar
Picture This
Name # of points
Or
Team # # of points

Building:

Time Left:
DISCLAIMER:

YES! I love this! That would be awesome to have!

Reactions: Unknown_Mediator

Troublesomee

Forum Veteran
Feb 6, 2016
I have played this on Hypixel but it’s a really fun game, totally in for this! Awesome you gave it your own twist, good job! :)

Last edited:

Priley

Forum Professional
Jul 6, 2015
reprotland
DISCLAIMER:

• How to Play
  • Maps
  • Time to Build
  • Time Restraints
  • Modes
  • Categories
  • Sidebar

Picture This

What is "Picture This"?
How to Play
Goal of the game:

Team Mode

Maps
Amount of players
Solo 8, 10, 14

Time to Build

Animals
Food
Minecraft
Music

Teams
Restrictions
Question
You must build (word).
You have # of minutes.
Example Questions
Name one type of noodle?

Team Name:

Sidebar
Picture This
Name # of points
Or
Team # # of points

Building:

Time Left:
DISCLAIMER:
Although I like the effort that has gone in to this thread, and the amount of time that you probably took to make it, I don't really think adding this would attract more players. I'd probably play it once, and then I'd say "Well, it was cool.. Skywars again!"
I think the developers should start creating those "woah"-games, those original games, those games that no one has ever seen before

Shamel

Forum Expert
Dec 24, 2016
yes
DISCLAIMER:

• How to Play
  • Maps
  • Time to Build
  • Time Restraints
  • Modes
  • Categories
  • Sidebar

Picture This

What is "Picture This"?
How to Play
Goal of the game:

Team Mode

Maps
Amount of players
Solo 8, 10, 14

Time to Build

Animals
Food
Minecraft
Music

Teams
Restrictions
Question
You must build (word).
You have # of minutes.
Example Questions
Name one type of noodle?

Team Name:

Sidebar
Picture This
Name # of points
Or
Team # # of points

Building:

Time Left:
DISCLAIMER:
You’re pretty much suggesting “guess the build” on hypixel but with alot of changes, I like it!

Snodia

Forum Expert
Oct 18, 2015
deep inside my mind...
I would love to see this on the server. There are many tikes where I would get bored/annoyed/whatever with pvp games because it's all fighting. There is a significant lack of casual games on cubecraft and I feel like that needs to change.

Although I like the effort that has gone in to this thread, and the amount of time that you probably took to make it, I don't really think adding this would attract more players. I'd probably play it once, and then I'd say "Well, it was cool.. Skywars again!"
I think the developers should start creating those "woah"-games, those original games, those games that no one has ever seen before
The game isn't really gonna be for everyone as not everyone will enjoy a non-pvp type game. Though it would be nice for the people who want a break from pvp or who don't enjoy pvp at all.

You’re pretty much suggesting “guess the build” on hypixel but with alot of changes, I like it!
I know for a fact that she has had this idea brewing for over a year, but it is unfortunate that a server did something similar before she could get much of anything done with her game idea.

CyberAutumn

Dedicated Member
Feb 25, 2017
Around
Pronouns
She/They
This sounds fun, and as I understand it, it's basically like Build Battle? Sounds cool. ^-^

Members Online

Members online

Latest profile posts

denki_kiri wrote on savina875's profile.
Thanks for the follow :D
Desiderata wrote on Egg🥚's profile.
eggs age over time

how curious
C95689C6-C73E-40B4-9CD7-76C479A7E2D5.png

Here’s my son, I made him in biology today! Say hi to Jimothy!
UncleSpect wrote on Egg🥚's profile.
Happy birthday! 🎈
Desiderata wrote on savina875's profile.
thabks 4 folow
Top Bottom