Minecraft PC IP: play.cubecraft.net

Oreo♥️

Dedicated Member
Sep 6, 2019
Catalonia, Spain.
Hey guys, I am here to suggest some options that could benefit the whole community, and a better option to improve Party chats, friend messages, and the chat filter.

The idea:

We all remember the time where party chats used to allow swearing and spamming, it maybe wasn't the best filter, but people seemed to be fine with it, it eventually got changed and messages that contained explicit content couldn't be seen anymore, which is reasonable since there are children that are playing on the server, it's not a correct behaviour to show them.

The idea is to add a level of profanity to allow players to see explicit messages if they want to, using a toggleable option.
Yes, this is like Hypixel's profanity level

The toggleable option would be disabled when you first joined the server, to prevent users from instantly seeing explicit messages when first joining, and could be toggled to be able to see those.

Besides, messages that contain blocked words shouldn't be instantly nullified, but just have the words that are considered explicit buried.
test.png

Obviously this should only be applied to Party and Friend Messages, and normal Messages, in case you turned on the maximum profanity level, that would allow you to see all the swearing in non-public chats.

How the options could look like:

Safe profanity level: Doesn't see swearing, only buried messages in party chats and friend messages.
Medium profanity level: Sees swearing in party chats and friend messages, and buries the explicit messages received through normal messages.
No profanity level: Sees swearing in the entire network, besides public chat.

Again, this suggestion is only for messages received in private chats, global chat should remain safe and swear-free.

Would swearing in parties then become punishable?
No, of course not, since it's a toggleable option you agree to receive those messages.
Would personal attacks that contain swearing (insulting) be punishable?
Absolutely, this is not an update to encourage people to become toxic towards others, but just be more informal, and use swearing eventually, and obviously not worrying about if the message has been sent and if the players in the party will receive it.

This is obviously a super hard topic that could be argued in the comments, so leave your opinions down below, I'll be happy to debate about this topic with you! <3

Oreo♥️

Dedicated Member
Sep 6, 2019
Catalonia, Spain.
I posted this thread 3 months ago and it's got barely any attention. I'd be extremely glad if anyone could reply to this and give their feedback, personally I don't mind swearing and I believe this would be a great addition to go back to the "old" chat filter. I am kinda sad that people have to bypass the chat filter to speak with their teammates. Stop focussing your server into pleasing kids and being family-friendly and instead make it enjoyable for everyone.

Reactions: Kawaakarii

Texbirds

Dedicated Member
Feb 29, 2020
Bird
Again, this suggestion is only for messages received in private chats, global chat should remain safe and swear-free.

I almost read over this.

I believe this would be a pretty good addition since some people just enjoy expressing themselves by swearing. I am one of those people, I think that swearing isn't necisssarly a bad thing since it allows for people to kind of recognize the tone in which I said something. Recognizing emotion via text is very hard, that's why I sometimes swear (Not on CC though, think of the children).

I do believe there should be an option for messages that have swearwords to be blocked out completely.

I could support it if it gets tweaked some more.

(ty @Kawaakarii for the bump)

ValentinoGV_

Oct 25, 2016
Cádiz, Andalucía
The problem is, imagine you invite a random player to your party, but you actually don't know him. Lets say the no profanity level is activated and this user starts threatening you with DDoS or doxxing ( in party chat ), or even that he will kill you in real life ( which seems insane ). Thats where the problems will start arriving, because you've said you'd agree receiving this type of messages.

So maybe they can add that, but still punish people for saying such things

Reactions: YoungPablo

Oreo♥️

Dedicated Member
Sep 6, 2019
Catalonia, Spain.
The problem is, imagine you invite a random player to your party, but you actually don't know him. Lets say the no profanity level is activated and this user starts threatening you with DDoS or doxxing ( in party chat ), or even that he will kill you in real life ( which seems insane ). Thats where the problems will start arriving, because you've said you'd agree receiving this type of messages.

So maybe they can add that, but still punish people for saying such things
If you had read the whole thread you'd understand I am not defending personal attacks and these should remain punishable but saying things like "this game is shit" should be not muteable if you have the profanity levels activated. Besides, threatening isn't part of swearing and I've never defended it. I'd agree to receive this type of message as long as they're not aimed against anyone, threatening isn't related to swearing at all anyways.
I almost read over this.

I believe this would be a pretty good addition since some people just enjoy expressing themselves by swearing. I am one of those people, I think that swearing isn't necisssarly a bad thing since it allows for people to kind of recognize the tone in which I said something. Recognizing emotion via text is very hard, that's why I sometimes swear (Not on CC though, think of the children).

I do believe there should be an option for messages that have swearwords to be blocked out completely.

I could support it if it gets tweaked some more.

(ty @Kawaakarii for the bump)
What? I don't understand your comment at all? This thread isn't about options to block swearword messages but to add options to unblock them.

Texbirds

Dedicated Member
Feb 29, 2020
Bird
If you had read the whole thread you'd understand I am not defending personal attacks and these should remain punishable but saying things like "this game is shit" should be not muteable if you have the profanity levels activated. Besides, threatening isn't part of swearing and I've never defended it. I'd agree to receive this type of message as long as they're not aimed against anyone, threatening isn't related to swearing at all anyways.

What? I don't understand your comment at all? This thread isn't about options to block swearword messages but to add options to unblock them.

I don't get what you don't understand, what part specifically?

Besides, messages that contain blocked words shouldn't be instantly nullified, but just have the words that are considered explicit buried.

I was talking about this when I said I believe there should be an option to completely nullify messages that contain swearwords

Members Online

Latest profile posts

TheOrderOfSapphire wrote on Capitan's profile.
Congratulations on hitting over 4 000 in Reaction Score! 💙
some people need to talk to their internet provider to buy them a gym membership because theyre too FAT to take knockback
Today... 216 wins in one day!
1711671596534.png
Top Bottom