Minecraft PC IP: play.cubecraft.net

Which option do you think would fit the situation?

• Option 1: Remove messages completely

Votes: 4 13.3%
  • Option 2: Response message to sender

Votes: 12 40.0%
  • Option 3: Blur a part of the message

Votes: 21 70.0%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Blom

Forum Expert
Sep 12, 2018
MinerWare Town
www.cubecraft.net
Pronouns
He/Him

🤬 Message for Sensored Words in Party Chat

Hi there! It's me with yet another suggestion! This time I'm going to talk about the party chat profanity filter!

🤔 What is the problem?

Communication is key. In games such as Team EggWars it is important to talk to each other to know what's up. Some words, however, aren't allowed to be said. I agree on that part; it's nice to have a filter everywhere in the server. The problem though is that we, the community, don't know WHICH words are filtered out, and which aren't. Sometimes I just talk and it doesn't make sense anymore since one message is missing for other players.

😇 How do we fix this?

To know whenever a word is filtered, I've thought of a few solutions:

1️⃣ - Delete the message for everyone!
This way the sender of the message also knows their message isn't delivered to the other players. A con with this solution would be that the sender would probably be confused as heck at first, which could lead in them sending the message a few times again to see if it delivers and it isn't their ping
2️⃣ - Make a response message for the sender!
This way the sender of the message instantly knows what's up! A con with this solution would be that this message could be spammed by people making it trigger a lot. On the other hand, they could also spam chat, which is mutable anyways
3️⃣ - Blur a part out!
This way everyone knows there has been a filtered message! That would be something replaced with either asterisks (*), percent signs (%), or whatever could replace it. A con with this solution would be the limitation on amount of characters of the same kind that can follow each other up, but there is probably something with developing possible.

Let me know what you think! Please react to this thread with :agree: or :disagree: (or :unsure:, although that adds absolutely nothing to the thread). Please don't react with likes or other stuff as it is just annoying. Thanks for reading all this, and will see you in another suggestion! :heart:

Frontlane

🦦
Jul 20, 2017
Belgium
Pronouns
He/Him
Hi Blom! I agree with your suggestion as I also have some experience with this. I typed a pretty long message to someone explaining something, and they couldn't receive it :(
I really didn't know what word could've been censored or inappropriate, so for those cases, your suggestion can definitely be useful.

On the other side, telling players what's censored and what's not might encourage some players to try to slip through the net and use more words or masking words that don't get censored, compared to when you aren't notified whether your message has been delivered or not. However, this already happens, and if it does, other players can just report them.
That's why I'm still agreeing and not putting an unsure as I believe the advantages weigh out the disadvantages. :-)
My preference would go to option 2. It's the most discrete and useful for the player sending the message as well as for other players (in comparison to option 3, where everyone will know someone said a bad/censored word).

Ferrcho

Jun 24, 2019
Spain
I honestly wouldn't do anything about it. Because if you're at a party with someone, you can be more "toxic" and have more "intimacy" when it comes to saying something (I don't know if you know what I mean).

Blom

Forum Expert
Sep 12, 2018
MinerWare Town
www.cubecraft.net
Pronouns
He/Him
I honestly wouldn't do anything about it. Because if you're at a party with someone, you can be more "toxic" and have more "intimacy" when it comes to saying something (I don't know if you know what I mean).
I think you don't understand the thread :p

When you are talking in party chat, and say something CubeCraft doesn't want you to say (hence it can be used as a cursing word or always is about a sensitive topic), the other people in the chat wont receive the message, without you knowing they don't. For example, sometimes a discord tag gets blurred out by CubeCraft. This might be good in some situations, but in others it makes people wait for an answer on a question they didn't even receive. Hope that clears up! 😄

Reactions: Ferrcho

Ibbex

Novice Member
Dec 3, 2019

🤬 Message for Sensored Words in Party Chat

Hi there! It's me with yet another suggestion! This time I'm going to talk about the party chat profanity filter!

🤔 What is the problem?

Communication is key. In games such as Team EggWars it is important to talk to each other to know what's up. Some words, however, aren't allowed to be said. I agree on that part; it's nice to have a filter everywhere in the server. The problem though is that we, the community, don't know WHICH words are filtered out, and which aren't. Sometimes I just talk and it doesn't make sense anymore since one message is missing for other players.

😇 How do we fix this?

To know whenever a word is filtered, I've thought of a few solutions:

1️⃣ - Delete the message for everyone!
This way the sender of the message also knows their message isn't delivered to the other players. A con with this solution would be that the sender would probably be confused as heck at first, which could lead in them sending the message a few times again to see if it delivers and it isn't their ping
2️⃣ - Make a response message for the sender!
This way the sender of the message instantly knows what's up! A con with this solution would be that this message could be spammed by people making it trigger a lot. On the other hand, they could also spam chat, which is mutable anyways
3️⃣ - Blur a part out!
This way everyone knows there has been a filtered message! That would be something replaced with either asterisks (*), percent signs (%), or whatever could replace it. A con with this solution would be the limitation on amount of characters of the same kind that can follow each other up, but there is probably something with developing possible.

Let me know what you think! Please react to this thread with :agree: or :disagree: (or :unsure:, although that adds absolutely nothing to the thread). Please don't react with likes or other stuff as it is just annoying. Thanks for reading all this, and will see you in another suggestion! :heart:
I like 2 and 3.
I'm still able to see the msg's I sent after the msg was removed. So when I think my friends recieved the msg they didn't. It leads to me thinking they are ignoring me or just didn't see the msg so I repeat myself.

A warning like "This msg was removed because of..." or "Could not send this msg!" would be helpful!

99th_DutchVoid

Dedicated Member
Oct 18, 2016
Overijssel, The Netherlands
www.99th-dutchies.nl
Pronouns
He/Him
shadow muting applies everywhere, including private messages
they use that system and their own filter
Multiple statements there that need correction:
- Shadow mutes are issued by Microsoft, not CubeCraft.
- Also, shadow mutes only apply to Minecraft Bedrock, not Java.
- This thread is not about mutes, but about the filter.

And the whole point of this thread is to get them to change the filter ;)

Reactions: Blom
D

Deleted member 489420

Great suggestion blom! but i dont think they will every introduce that, the problem with filters is that they are sooo easily byppased by either changing to some similar looking characters or making spaces randomly, and they only way for filter to fight back is to not even notify the sender that the messafe wasn't delievered!

Blom

Forum Expert
Sep 12, 2018
MinerWare Town
www.cubecraft.net
Pronouns
He/Him
shadow muting applies everywhere, including private messages
they use that system and their own filter
Bit late, as I wasn't able to respond before:
As 99th_DutchVoid already stated, shadow mutes are microsoft tm, although I think I understand where you want to go (correct me if I'm wrong).

If I could rephrase your reply:
CubeCraft isn't the cause of messages not being received by the second party, that's being caused by Microsoft. Microsoft uses their own filter list, hence this can't be implemented.

However, this is not true. As I know quite little of the system, I've been in another thread which makes clear that CubeCraft does indeed have their own filter list. You can check the thread here, in which the community is asked on opinions of certain words.

Blom

Forum Expert
Sep 12, 2018
MinerWare Town
www.cubecraft.net
Pronouns
He/Him
Great suggestion blom! but i dont think they will every introduce that, the problem with filters is that they are sooo easily byppased by either changing to some similar looking characters or making spaces randomly, and they only way for filter to fight back is to not even notify the sender that the messafe wasn't delievered!
point is that bypassing the filter is already possible. Swearing is still a big part of the reports, which will not decrease. if someone wants to bypass, they'll find a way, but I think having some sort of notification has more pros than cons. Thanks anyways for your opinion <3

goopyskele

Novice Member
Feb 1, 2022
GloopSmp
www.DontGotOneLol.com
Pronouns
He/She
I like the idea to just censor it with *@%#,
If I cursed it would be censored but my friends would know what I mean.

For me I don't curse at anyone but my friends in joking way,
Looking outside of how I act. People would still know what it means but it will be harder to decipher what words there saying.
Multiple words would be the same length. Like: **** **** ****.
If you're a Teen playing and maybe your little sibling s watching they won't know what it there saying completely, They may now it's a curse word but not what :)

Sorry if this looks weird, I'm not good at putting my speech/thoughts to text.

Marieke2001

Forum Professional
Jul 2, 2015
Hello Blom,

The server team has discussed your suggestion, and unfortunately we decided to deny your suggestion.

When discussing all the provided options in your thread, we noticed a common thing. All the solutions are easy to bypass, which worries us. Our main concern is people with malicious intents, like spambots.

The way our current system works is that spambots do not know if their messages are being filtered, preventing people from spam most of the time. If the person behind the spambots notices that their messages are being filtered or blocked, and especially what part, it'll become much easier for them to bypass the filter.

This is why, for safety reasons, we disagree with the suggestion and marked it as denied. We do sincerely get how frustrating it is to have your sentences be blocked whilst not mentioning anything inappropriate, but you can always ask why your sentence is blocked here: https://www.cubecraft.net/threads/chat-filter-word-requests.212389/

Status
Not open for further replies.
Members Online

Team online

Latest profile posts

Sergiio12 wrote on LoveAndMafia's profile.
Alejaaaandro
Blom wrote on Lyriie's profile.
Lyriie, sorry for bullying you all the time :o
Ur an amazing staff member <3
mojang nerf mobile players pls
Someone nerfed me because I can't find those hidden chests as easily anymore.. I won't stop trying tho >:c
Top Bottom