Minecraft PC IP: play.cubecraft.net

Sophie

Forum Professional
May 1, 2014
Arendine Sink
What is Parkour Minigame?
I know it's really generic, but I do miss this game's simple charm. I'll quickly fill you in on the details for those who aren't familiar. You're placed in an arena with a whole bunch of small platforms. PvP is enabled, and the objective is to score ten points. Points are awarded by breaking diamond blocks that rarely spawn randomly across the arena, whilst other valuable blocks can be broken that give you a temporary perk. Death doesn't matter, as you instantly respawn in the centre. It's an inconvenience that might cost you a point, and does reset all current buffs, but otherwise it's unimportant; I had over five-hundred deaths as I recall.

Power-ups
Diamond block - Awards one point
Redstone block - Spawns TNT above every other player in the arena
Glass block - Temporary Invisibility
Iron block - Temporary Leaping boost
Lapiz block - Temporary Speed boost
Obsidian block - Withers other players temporarily

Why was this minigame removed?
Parkour Minigame was removed for its generic and over-simplified gameplay, which was deemed not up to Cubecraft's growing standards over the years. This thread aims to propose changes that diversify the gameplay, whilst keeping the original experience wholly intact. As such, most of the changes proposed will relate to the maps and abilities, as well as gamemode variants that can be voted for.

Mechanic changes
-First of all, maps are a lot bigger and diamond blocks spawn much more frequently on all maps but Barn and Jungle. That's right, no more waiting around for two-and-a-half minutes for a diamond block to spawn, only to miss it by a matter of milliseconds
-Contrary to the previous installment of the game, there will be a five-second respawn delay on all maps but Barn and Jungle. Yes, dying now matters
-Win conditions will also be changed. Instead of requiring ten points to win, there will be a five-minute timer on every map but Barn and Jungle. You can certainly get more than ten points, but do not need ten points to win anymore
-Lapiz+ ranks can vote to disable PvP on all maps
-Spawn protection will last for three seconds. Plenty of time to scram from the centre and get back into the game

Power-ups

All old power-ups return, but with a few additions. Plus, on all maps but Barn and Jungle, a map-exclusive power-up can be found on rare occasions.

New power-ups:
Gold block - Blinds other players temporarily
Quartz block - Instantly respawn if you die within ten seconds of acquiring
Redstone ore - Gifts a bow with five arrows, which break all power-up blocks on impact

Map-exclusive power-ups:
Prismarine (Seabase map only) - Depth Strider V that lasts until death
Bedrock (Creeper Canyon map only) - Immunity to explosions that lasts until death
Emerald block (Dream Den map only) - Double jump that lasts until death
Red glass (Red Castle map only) - Very brief immunity to lava

Maps
The maps were laughably boring in the old Parkour Minigame. It was a boxed arena with 3x3 platforms slapped all over the place, and the occasional launch pad to elevate you. The following ideas aim to give the maps more influence on the game itself. However, Barn and Jungle do return, totally unchanged, for those who enjoyed the simplistic charm of the old Parkour Minigame.

Dream Den
4-7.jpg

Dream Den is a luscious arena above the clouds, during a sunrise that threatens to evaporate the very ground beneath you. Yes, the theme of this map is that it rapidly collapses as the game goes on, giving you less space to work with. Platforms will be 5x5 each at the start of the game, and made of white wool. As time progresses, these platforms shrink more and more until they're no longer there at all. Jump Boost (Iron) and double jump (Emerald) blocks spawn frequently, gifting you the power of verticality.

Creeper Canyon
Grand_Canyon_sun_set.jpg

Creeper Canyon aims to reinvigorate people's fear of creepers, which seemed to dissipate over five years ago. The map is set in an open canyon, atop a pallet of randomly shaped rock-like platforms. To be as clear as possible, the platforms are not flat, and differ in size. At the half-way mark, a message will appear in everybody's chat:
'The Creepers stir...'
Upon seeing this message, TNT will begin to fall at random locations around the map. The TNT will act as normal, meaning blocks will not be broken. At the three-quarter mark, a second message will appear:
'The canyon begins to shake...'
Upon seeing this message, the bottom layer of the map will be lost. This gives players far less room to work with, and less opportunities to avoid the falling TNT.

Lastly, rather than TNT blocks spawning whenever a Redstone block is broken, Creepers will instead spawn. They will stand totally still and will explode only when approached, though can be knocked back by damaging them. Either hit them off in time, or they'll go off in your face.

Seabase [1.13+]
WarrenKeelan_AquaticElements.jpg

In Seabase, parkour ability truly is key. The map consists of light-blue glass platforms, with jump pads being replaced with waterfalls that can be swam up to gain a height advantage. Instead of a void, you have a long fall to the sea below, contact with which will instantly kill you in the same way as the void. At halftime, the following message will appear:
'The sea roars with rage...'
Upon seeing this message, rain will begin to fall and players will be given a single Loyalty III trident. This gives them the occasional means to leap in any direction, without the need for waterfalls or boost pads. This adds a unique dilemma to the game: Do you run across the entire map to get the diamond block, hoping nobody else snags it first? Or, do you leap towards it with your trident, despite how hard it is to control?

Red Castle [Two-player team]
images

Red Castle is situated above an active volcano, and is perhaps the most unique map of all. For the first half of the game, lava flows from above in excess, blocking off many different paths and shortcuts around the map. To be clear, touching this lava will kill you. The map may seem like a labyrinth in this state, and with such a limited vision of the map as a whole, finding blocks will rely on your ability to keep moving. At half-time, the following message will be added to people's chats:
'The Red Castle cools...'
When this happens, all lava dissipates, and the map becomes clear and easy to navigate. Thus, this map sees you depend on both observational and parkour skills, just separately and at different times.

Note: Red Castle is a team-based map. This means you and one other player will be working together to score the most points. Players can select their own teams, so if you want to play with a friend, then this map might be for you.

Jungle [Retro]
upload_2018-2-25_9-19-3-png.142824

Note: Screenshot provided by @ArianaGrande
Jungle is a retro map with no changes made to it, appeasing fans of the more simplistic gameplay who may not appreciate varying map elements. Platforms are large, and ladders and boost pads can be used to gain a greater height. All the old mechanics are intact on this map, however vote options are still available.

Barn [Retro]

upload_2018-2-25_9-19-25-png.142825

Note: Screenshot provided by @ArianaGrande
Barn is a retro map with no changes made to it, appeasing fans of the more simplistic gameplay who may not appreciate varying map elements. Longer platforms comprise this map, giving more of an emphasis on running. All the old mechanics are intact on this map, however vote options are still available.

Vote options [Lapiz+]
Pacifist Mode
With Pacifist mode enabled, TNT will not deal damage to you (knockback still applies!) and players can no longer punch one another. If you're aiming for that Immortal achievement, or just really dislike being hit off the map, then this vote option is for you.

Oldschool Mode
With Oldschool Mode enabled, each map's unique elements (i.e. rain and tridents on Seabase, lava on Red Castle, etc.) are disabled, and the win condition is changed to ten points. Lastly, the respawn timer is removed, meaning you instantly respawn upon death. Games will last as long as they need to, rather than being forcibly ended after five minutes.

Barebones Mode

With Barebones mode enabled, the only power-up that will spawn is the diamond block. There will be no speed boosts, no high-jumps, etc. It's just you, your rivals, and the shared objective.

Achievements

Name: Parkour Punch-out
Requirements: Punch players twenty times in one life
Reward: 100 experience

Name: Jack of all Jumps
Requirements: Acquire four buffs simultaneously
Reward: 80 experience, 20 points

Name: Ghost
Requirements: Become invisible five times in one game
Reward: 80 experience, 1 cubelet

Name: Point-farming
Requirements: Earn fifteen points in one game of Parkour Minigame
Reward: 150 experience, 1 cubelet

Name: Immortal
Requirements: Win a game of Parkour Minigame without dying
Reward: 500 experience, 1 cubelet

Name: Down to the wire
Requirements: Win a game of Parkour Minigame, with second and third places having one less point than you
Reward: 200 experience

Name: Hard shot
Requirements: Break a diamond block with a bow and arrow
Reward: 75 experience, 50 points

Name: Harpooning the win
Requirements: Break a diamond block with a trident throw
Reward: 75 experience, 25 points

Name: Don't touch that!
Requirements: Be killed by lava
Reward: 10 experience, 1 point

Name: The Great Flop
Requirements: Die thirty times in one game
Reward: 1 facepalm experience

Name: Yellow card
Requirements: Break a diamond block within three seconds of punching a player
Reward: 100 experience, 1 cubelet

Name: Assassin
Requirements: Punch players ten times with one invisibility
Reward: 50 experience, 20 points

Rewards

First place
-80 experience
-20 points
-1/24 chance of a cubelet

Second place
-50 experience
-10 points

Third place

-30 experience
-5 points

Breaking a diamond block
-3 experience
-2 points

Edits:
-Replaced map Candy with Barn
-Added an Oldschool Mode vote option, which removes all unique map elements and reverts the win condition to earning ten points

Attachments

• upload_2018-2-24_21-34-15.png
    upload_2018-2-24_21-34-15.png
    732.3 KB · Views: 236
  • upload_2018-2-24_21-35-48.png
    upload_2018-2-24_21-35-48.png
    785 KB · Views: 199
Last edited:

Sweetenerera

Forum Professional
Jul 24, 2016
-First of all, maps are a lot bigger and diamond blocks spawn much more frequently on all maps but Candy and Jungle. That's right, no more waiting around for two-and-a-half minutes for a diamond block to spawn, only to miss it by a matter of milliseconds
I agree, sometimes there were absolutly zero diamond blocks for such a long time.

-Contrary to the previous installment of the game, there will be a five-second respawn delay on all maps but Candy and Jungle. Yes, dying now matters
I don't like a respawn timer.. It's ruin most tactics..
Sometimes jumping into the void is the easiest way to get to a diamond block.

-Win conditions will also be changed. Instead of requiring ten points to win, there will be a five-minute timer on every map but Candy and Jungle. You can certainly get more than ten points, but do not need ten points to win anymore
I don't know why, but I don't really like this.
However, it's an easy way to boost your stats tho ;p

-Lapiz+ ranks can vote to disable PvP on all maps
-Spawn protection will last for three seconds. Plenty of time to scram from the centre and get back into the game
Yes please.
Didn't the old parkour minigame had a spawn protection either?
I thought it did..

Gold block - Blinds other players temporarily
I love this power-up idea :D

Quartz block - Instantly respawn if you die within ten seconds of acquiring
Again, I don't like a spawn protection at all

Redstone ore - Gifts a bow with five arrows, which break all power-up blocks on impact
Can it hit players either?

Prismarine (Seabase map only) - Depth Strider V that lasts until death
I'm.. I'm confused.. The seabase map has only water as void, so, you can't die? Or.. Did I miss something?

Emerald block (Dream Den map only) - Double jump that lasts until death
I really like this idea :D

However, Candy and Jungle
Why candy? It was in my opinion the worst map ever. It was way to crowded

Dream Den is a luscious arena above the clouds, during a sunrise that threatens to evaporate the very ground beneath you.
''Above the clouds''
How did you imange that? Are there custom clouds made out of wool or cobweb (Which wouldn't be the best idea, since you can get stuck in them)

As time progresses, these platforms shrink more and more until they're no longer there at all.
So, when you jump further, there would be jump with just 1 block of wool?
I don't really like that idea, the maps have always been 5x5 or 4x2 jumps everywhere.

The map is set in an open canyon, atop a pallet of randomly shaped rock-like platforms. To be as clear as possible, the platforms are not flat, and differ in size.
Or I am imagining this completly wrong, but this won't look anything like the normal, classic maps of the parkour minigame.

Alright, I'm not going to quote all of the maps, but I don't like any of it.
Lava blocking ways of, rain? TNT falling out of the sky?
I'm sorry, but it doesn't sound much fun. I have the feeling it'll be ''Look, we have good developers and we can add a bunch of commands to make the game look really cool''
I.. I don't know, but I much rather perfer the normal maps. Yes, there are still 2 maps. But one of them is in my opinion not even fun to play.

Pacifist Mode
With Pacifist mode enabled, TNT will not deal damage to you (knockback still applies!) and players can no longer punch one another. If you're aiming for that Immortal achievement, or just really dislike being hit off the map, then this vote option is for you.
I kinda like this tho ;p
It's a really easy way to get that immortal achievement, it took me ages to get.

Barebones Mode
With Barebones mode enabled, the only power-up that will spawn is the diamond block. There will be no speed boosts, no high-jumps, etc. It's just you, your rivals, and the shared objective.
No.. I can understand why this could have been a good idea, but.. No.
I don't really know about the map Jungle anymore, but I'm a 100% sure that Candy had diamond blocks that you only are able to get with jump boost.
Not the boost with the pressure plate, jump boost.
Which I really liked.

Name: Parkour Punch-out
Requirements: Punch players twenty times in one life
Reward: 100 experience

Name: Jack of all Jumps
Requirements: Acquire four buffs simultaneously
Reward: 80 experience, 20 points

Name: Ghost
Requirements: Become invisible five times in one game
Reward: 80 experience, 1 cubelet
Yes please

Name: Point-farming
Requirements: Earn fifteen points in one game of Parkour Minigame
Reward: 150 experience, 1 cubelet
Again, I'd rather have the 10 points = win.
Name: Don't touch that!
Requirements: Be killed by lava
Reward: 10 experience, 1 point

Name: The Great Flop
Requirements: Die thirty times in one game
Reward: 1 facepalm experience

Name: Yellow card
Requirements: Break a diamond block within three seconds of punching a player
Reward: 100 experience, 1 cubelet

Name: Assassin
Requirements: Punch players ten times with one invisibility
Reward: 50 experience, 20 points
I'm loving it

Name: Harpooning the win
Requirements: Break a diamond block with a trident throw
Reward: 75 experience, 25 points
I don't know how I feel about this..

Maybe also achievements for winning an x amount of games?

First place
-80 experience
-20 points
-1/24 chance of a cubelet

Second place
-50 experience
-10 points

Third place

-30 experience
-5 points

Breaking a diamond block
-3 experience
-2 points
Yes

Reactions: qwertplaysmc

Sophie

Forum Professional
May 1, 2014
Arendine Sink
I don't like a respawn timer.. It's ruin most tactics..
Sometimes jumping into the void is the easiest way to get to a diamond block.
Yeah, I was pretty conflicted on the idea myself. I might make a respawn timer a vote option.

Why candy? It was in my opinion the worst map ever. It was way to crowded
Literally because it was the only map at the time I could find screenshots of. Original idea was Barn, which I now have screenshots of (thanks to you :) )

Can it hit players either?
No, just power-up blocks.

I'm.. I'm confused.. The seabase map has only water as void, so, you can't die? Or.. Did I miss something?
You'll die when you touch the void

''Above the clouds''
How did you imange that? Are there custom clouds made out of wool or cobweb (Which wouldn't be the best idea, since you can get stuck in them)
The clouds are the map itself, made of white wool. The platforms start out large, but shrink as the game goes on.

I'm sorry, but it doesn't sound much fun. I have the feeling it'll be ''Look, we have good developers and we can add a bunch of commands to make the game look really cool''
Awh that's a shame, I think they'd all bring something unique to the table to mix up the gameplay a bit. Some maps bring more chaos, others limit your field of view, and others focus more on parkour itself.

Maybe also achievements for winning an x amount of games?
Yeah, no need to suggest those though as they're added to every game regardless.

Members Online

Team online

Latest profile posts

Kloska wrote on Eli's profile.
Happy birthday!
Capitan wrote on Eli's profile.
Happy birthday Elivat!
Basketman wrote on UncleSpect's profile.
Thanks for the follow 💛
SpringWarz wrote on Eli's profile.
Happy birthday!
Eli
Behold my birthday meal

aa0fb30e-20ed-416e-b452-e4d70ce86ec2.jpeg
Top Bottom