Minecraft PC IP: play.cubecraft.net

henryk

Novice Member
May 8, 2020
someone’s basement
Hello all, me and some friends were playing Eggwars on Xbox and wanted to share the four-man strategy we usually use (when there are four of use on the same team, obviously). I get that a lot of people don't bother with things like this, but we've won a ton of games since we started it so I guess it has a pretty high winrate.

Pre-Game: Since I have the eggwars rank on Bedrock, I usually vote for overpowered items. If we are playing on a map that doesn't have a diamond gen near/on our island, we'll vote for hardcode. This isn't necessary, but it helps. Three of us will use the builder kit, the other will use the miner kit.

Start Game: Everyone tosses their starting blocks to the player with the miner kit. That player builds to the middle island (30 blocks is usually enough to get them there, sometimes not enough to get back) and 1 other player follows them The remaining two (one of these is usually me) will start getting gold for obsidian and other things. We're pretty much on defense.

Note: If we're on hardcore, we skip building around the egg entirely, we just leave it open while 3 egg-bombers get everyone elses eggs (a lot of people rarely play hardcode and just sit on the gold gens, so a lot of eggs remain undefended for longer).

The Egg Bombers: Remember the pair that ran to mid? One collects diamonds and gold, the other (the one with the miner kit) runs to enemy bases and gets their egg while it's unprotected. The "egg-bomber" normally dies as soon as they get the egg, lack of armour and such, but it's fine because they can respawn and buy better tools quicker (on overpowered they can, anyway). The other mid guy returns with the diamonds for our gen, and gives all the gold to our egg protector (normally me lol) to buy obsidian. The process repeats, the egg bombers end up getting most of the other eggs before people think to fortify their defenses more.

Mid Game/Only Ours Remains: By now it's only our egg or ours + one other team's egg left, and we've built up a pretty good defense. The egg bombers now have good armour and weapons, the defense team have blocked every gap around the egg with obsidian and we control the middle island. This is the point where we start playing more defensively, sticking to our island or the middle and sometimes building a sniper/scout tower for the egg bombers with bows. There are around 10 players left on average, and we're getting ready to launch an attack on the largest surviving team/team with an egg with diamond armour and golden apples.

Endgame: The defense team get armour and weapons last - we need those diamonds to kit out the two that are actually good at PVP. Sometimes we still have our egg, sometimes we don't. Either way, we end up launching a full-scale coordinated attack on the survivors (the defense team distract the players, while the egg bombers sneak around and kill them) and winning the game. Or we die to a hacker (there are a lot on Bedrock, especially Xbox) and play another round.

We don't win every game, but maybe 8 or 9 out of 10? It's fun and gets us to communicate more, but can also start some arguements (it does get a bit boring always being one of the defense team) but overall it's great. What kind of strats do you guys use in eggwars? Do you use any at all?

Cameron2006c2

May 17, 2020
Im more of a duo's player but when my friends are on we do go squads and our strat is a bit different (and very risky) one person defends the egg while 3 of us get basic stuff and bould to another island (the only thing costing alot is diamond pick) and we get the egg and kill everyone at that base. We take a quick break and move to the next base while the defender normally goes to mid and (hopefully) gets enough diamonds for a bow, comes back to the bridge and destroys it. We go to the next base, egg done everyone gone while the defender defends then its rinse and repeat till we win. Just wanted to share my strategy with everyone ^.^

NINJAT0M789

May 16, 2020
I mainly play solo but will play dous and squads with friends .Since I have a rank I normally vote for overpowered mode as blocks and golden apples are way cheaper. I use a strategy that I would call the 30 iron rush. I will save up 30 iron and get a wooden sword, leather armour, and stack of blocks. From there I will rush the base next to me. If They have egg defence I can also get a pick axe. In a duos or squads game we will normally all go builder like you. One will get a stack of blocks and one will get a pick and we rush. Me and my freinds/cousins normally have very fast paced games and win around 3/5. After we rush the first base we will loot there and go to the next. We never go to middle as we aim to take the others out before they get good loot.

inspired by the end of your strategy. I will probably try making a plan like you do as it could help in games where we are at a disadvantage in terms of loot. Thx for sharing

Reactions: henryk
Members Online

Team online

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

BurgerCat13 wrote on Kloska's profile.
Happy birthday Kloskyy!!!
𝑷𝑹𝑶 𝑾𝑰𝑵𝑵𝑨𝑨𝑹 wrote on Kloska's profile.
Happy bday 🥳
Xi1m wrote on Kloska's profile.
happy birthday!!
dvodany wrote on Kloska's profile.