• No

• Yes and you are a nerd

Results are only viewable after voting.

Pyups🎄

Novice Member
Apr 13, 2020
a jolly rancher
INTRODUCTION

This forum will cover a new game idea that i had called ore wars. this is a mix of skywars and UHC well at least the best mix i could think of. the idea is you start on an island that has a tree to be chopped down. this tree could be converted into wood then into tools to go mining for ores like iron gold and diamonds. i think this game is very appealing because it opens up so many different strategy's. if you are interested in this game then keep reading :)

MORE ABOUT ORE WARS

as you know if you read the introduction you spawn on an island with a tree and a mini cave at first I was thinking about adding a 5 minute grace period but instead due to a reply by maaarijn and crypticCub3r631 I have decided to go a different route. All tools will have efficiency. Pickaxes will have smelting. Your fist and axes will have timber. Finally shovels will have 1 higher efficiency level then all other tools for example if a pickaxe had efficiency 1 a shovel will have efficiency 2 to see a beta of this game here’s a video of a the demo of the video NO ENCHANTMENTS

this video shows the beginning of the game with the best islands i could build. the bridge in the video leads to what would be the middle of the map.

CONCLUSION

why is this gamemode needed. i think the server has a big gap when it comes to what i like to call its "own game" what i mean by that is the hive has death run minplex has microgames but when you think about cubecraft you could say it has eggwars but then again the hive has treasure wars and mineplex has cake wars so i think this game would really fill in that gap. and as all ways thanks for reading and if you have any suggestions make sure to join in on the conversation and follow me so you can stay up to date on the thread.

HOW TO IMPLEMENT THE GAMEMODE

This game could be implemented by having it as a featured gamemode and if the player count is consistent it could move to beta games and if the player count still stays consistent it could become a permanent gamemode

PROBLEMS

This section of the thread is to post any problems that may need to be addressed to make the game better

1. How to stop the game from feeling repetitive

2. Giving players an insensitive to play ore wars

3. This gamemode needs a better name

PLEASE IF YOU HAVE ANY SUGGESTIONS OR WAYS TO FIX THE PROBLEMS LISTED REPLY TO THIS THREAD WITH YOUR SUGGESTIONS AND IDEADS REMEMBER NO IDEA IS A BAD IDEA and as always BYE!

Thanks to fake doy, maaarijn, and crypticCub3r631

Last edited:
Reactions: wxzzrd

Maaarijn

Forum Veteran
Mar 12, 2017
het land van kroketten, frikandellen
www.youtube.com
Hey!
First of all, nice suggestion! I like the lay-out you used and you explained everything very well.

But although I like the idea, I've got to disagree with you. The game sounds fun, but will be very boring over time. It sounds like every game will be exactly the same: chop down your tree and get geared at the start with no possibility to rush earlier because there is a grace period. This will not attract a lot of players, simply because most players will prefer SkyWars which has much higher paced games.

Also you said that Cubecraft has no signature gamemodes, that's just not true. Think about Lucky Islands, Tower Defense, Line Dash, Blockwars and more. Every other game at least has an original twist to it which makes it better than on other servers.

So I'm sorry but it's a no from me.

Reactions: Pyups🎄

Pyups🎄

Novice Member
Apr 13, 2020
a jolly rancher
Hey!
First of all, nice suggestion! I like the lay-out you used and you explained everything very well.

But although I like the idea, I've got to disagree with you. The game sounds fun, but will be very boring over time. It sounds like every game will be exactly the same: chop down your tree and get geared at the start with no possibility to rush earlier because there is a grace period. This will not attract a lot of players, simply because most players will prefer SkyWars which has much higher paced games.

Also you said that Cubecraft has no signature gamemodes, that's just not true. Think about Lucky Islands, Tower Defense, Line Dash, Blockwars and more. Every other game at least has an original twist to it which makes it better than on other servers.

So I'm sorry but it's a no from me.
Hey thanks for the suggestions I only have a few things to say

1. Lucky island is on lifeboat
2. Tower defense is Java exclusive and hypixel also had tower defense
3. Block wars has the bridge which hypixel also has
4.block wars second game is CTF which is the only unique thing on you list
5. Saying the game is boring is understandable and I am definitely going to work on giving each game a twist but that’s like saying Skywars is the same because all you do is open your chests go to the middle and open chests
6. Your point about there is no rushing is a really good point so I will be doing some tinkering with that
7. This is the first draft of the game and it isn’t going to be perfect so if you have any suggestions to fix the problems you listed make sure to add another reply!

trust me I’m not trying to say cubecraft is bad it’s just missing the death run of hive and the battle royal of lifeboat cubecraft is one of my favorite servers I’m not trying to say anything close to its a bad server

Last edited:

Pyups🎄

Novice Member
Apr 13, 2020
a jolly rancher
Hey just wanted to keep everyone up to date on what I’m working on. I am currently modding bedrock so my tools have all the enchantments required. After I get all the mods I need installed and after I add little bit of command blocks I will be replacing the demo video with one that represents the game better. Make sure to reply I want to hear everyone’s opinions so I can make this game as good as possible!

Pyups🎄

Novice Member
Apr 13, 2020
a jolly rancher
Kinda like it basically skyblock except not super grindy
Yah i does remind me of skywars the main difference being all the different strategies that could come to play such as if you Only have 2 sticks left should you make an axe or a sword. One of the main problems the game is facing is that it is so close to skywars so if you have any suggestions on ways to differentiate ore wars and skywars feel free to reply to the thread again :)

wxzzrd

Dedicated Member
May 30, 2020
Yah i does remind me of skywars the main difference being all the different strategies that could come to play such as if you Only have 2 sticks left should you make an axe or a sword. One of the main problems the game is facing is that it is so close to skywars so if you have any suggestions on ways to differentiate ore wars and skywars feel free to reply to the thread again :)
I said skyblock not skywars lol

• Haha
Reactions: Pyups🎄

Pyups🎄

Novice Member
Apr 13, 2020
a jolly rancher
I said skyblock not skywars lol
Oooooooooooh I’m genius but I would have to disagree with you on that. In skyblock you can never loose but in this gamemode you would be playing with other people racing to get as many resources as possible and if a player kills you or you fall of the map then you loose the game and have to re-join a different game. And if you are the last man standing you win

Members Online

Team online

Latest profile posts

Kiyaan gaming world on YouTube
This might be one of the weirdest excuses I have seen after killing someone.

2024-03-28_23.34.25.png
This is YOUR daily dose of facts #20-
More tornadoes occur in the United Kingdom per square mile than in any other country in the world.
TheOrderOfSapphire wrote on Capitan's profile.
Congratulations on hitting over 4 000 in Reaction Score! 💙
Top Bottom