Add an optional party chat filter?

• No. (Explain why.)

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters

XtremeElectrix

Aug 13, 2016
The White House.
Hi.

So there's a lot of debate on if curses are allowed.

Although I've never had a problem with it, I can see why others do. Some filtered words are questionable, some are perfectly reasonable.
Now, not long ago, there used to be no filters for party chat. I thought it was perfectly fair. You join the party at your own risk, they swear? Leave the party. I understand why the words are filtered for the PUBLIC, but when it's a party chat, I think the owner should be allowed to toggle filters in party chat. Maybe when you create a party, it shows up in chat saying 'Do you want to have chat filter on? YES:NO' and you can click either. This question would come up every time you create a party so you can change it if you make a new one, or if you play with someone who has a problem with swears.

Now, this is a rather controversial subject, since many people have mixed feelings about swears. Like I said, I am not bothered. But maybe rather than just removing the filter, to satisfy both sides, we could just add an optional filter for party chat.

Let me know what you think.

SpankMeSanta

Dedicated Member
Nov 12, 2016
Sensational suggestion, this MUST be implemented. I heard it is very very easy to code too, so there is no reason why this shouldn't be done. Now, there will probably be people like foxic who will reply saying "no, we must only be allowed to say gg and xD" as people like that just want cubecraft to follow THEIR ideas ONLY, rather than letting people have the OPTION of doing what they'd prefer, but just ignore them as they are irrelevant. As for this idea, I give it a strong "yes" and I await a reply from John Coles telling us that he will get this done as soon as possible.
Excellent work yet again XtremeElectrix.

XtremeElectrix

Aug 13, 2016
The White House.
Sensational suggestion, this MUST be implemented. I heard it is very very easy to code too, so there is no reason why this shouldn't be done. Now, there will probably be people like foxic who will reply saying "no, we must only be allowed to say gg and xD" as people like that just want cubecraft to follow THEIR ideas ONLY, rather than letting people have the OPTION of doing what they'd prefer, but just ignore them as they are irrelevant. As for this idea, I give it a strong "yes" and I await a reply from John Coles telling us that he will get this done as soon as possible.
Excellent work yet again XtremeElectrix.

Yes, I agree. Unfortunately this idea may never be implemented, as there will always be one, who will disagree and find everything wrong with an idea, regardless of how good it is. But yes, I really do hope that the admins or developers hear this suggestion out and see it through, as it would definitely be a step in the right direction, so that everyone can have the best of both worlds.

Members Online

Team online

Latest profile posts

Mr Jii Gamer wrote on Mivke's profile.
Happy birthday
TheOrderOfSapphire wrote on Mivke's profile.
Happy Birthday! ^-^
This is YOUR daily dose of facts #49-
Domestic cats can run faster than Olympic medalist Usain Bolt. Top speed for a cat is about 30mph (48.28kmh), whereas Bolt's record is 27mph (43.45kmh).
Xi1m wrote on Mivke's profile.
hapi birthdasy!
TheOrderOfSapphire wrote on UnfWasTaken's profile.
Welcome to the forums!:D I hope you will enjoy your stay here ^-^
Top Bottom