Minecraft PC IP: play.cubecraft.net

Would you buy a CubeCraft subscription rank?

• Yes

• No

• Unsure

Results are only viewable after voting.

_The13thDoctor_

Forum Professional
Jul 23, 2016
Chicago, Illinois
www.cubecraft.net
Pronouns
He/Him
Wdyt.JPG

Above is a notion page regarding upcoming Java rank changes. In my opinion, this isn't a good idea and won't likely help the server much. Firstly, lots of people already have ranks so not much added revenue, Java is incredibly dead right now so how much do they realistically expect to make? Finally, would anyone seriously pay for a rank subscription on a server, let alone one not performing as well? The ranks were overpriced as before, but I'm not sure what they could possibly be now. Even if the prices are reasonable and low, I highly doubt anyone not able to purchase a rank themselves could talk a parent into buying this.

A theory for why this is happening, which could be 100% false so don't quote me, is moving ranks to renewable rather than lifetime is a safe option IF the server is ever closed down. If that's the case, that's an unfortunate means we have come to.

In conclusion: I think many changes here are very good, and more perks and items for ranks are awesome! Subscription ranks are absolutely not the way to go.

What do you think about these changes? Would you buy a subscription rank? Feel free to vote in the poll, bedrock folks are welcome to vote as it's a generic question.

Eli

Forum Veteran
Dec 25, 2017
Bogota, Colombia
The ranks were overpriced as before, but I'm not sure what they could possibly be now.
You say they're overpriced yet if all ranks became subscriptions their cost would definitely be a fraction of what they used to be, making it more accessible for players that cannot afford to pay a higher price in bulk.

I say yes to subscription based ranks! Because:
  • They are cheaper to acquire.
  • They do not demand a larger investment/commitment, rather you pay the months that you want to use it for and then cancel your subscription.
  • Since you can cancel your subscription, you may also downrank yourself when necessary if you still want to have access to the benefits of a rank but don't have the money/need.
  • Since there will only be 3 ranks, the price ranges between the 3 will not be as big as they used to, likely motivating more users to upgrade their subscriptions.
All these changes seem very user-oriented which I am all for.

• Heart
Reactions: Lyriie and Hoshi

_The13thDoctor_

Forum Professional
Jul 23, 2016
Chicago, Illinois
www.cubecraft.net
Pronouns
He/Him
You say they're overpriced yet if all ranks became subscriptions their cost would definitely be a fraction of what they used to be, making it more accessible for players that cannot afford to pay a higher price in bulk.

I say yes to subscription based ranks! Because:
  • They are cheaper to acquire.
  • They do not demand a larger investment/commitment, rather you pay the months that you want to use it for and then cancel your subscription.
  • Since you can cancel your subscription, you may also downrank yourself when necessary if you still want to have access to the benefits of a rank but don't have the money/need.
  • Since there will only be 3 ranks, the price ranges between the 3 will not be as big as they used to, likely motivating more users to upgrade their subscriptions.
All these changes seem very user-oriented which I am all for.

Very valid points, appreciate the response!

Reactions: Eli

Hoshi

Speedy Wing Rush Gonzales
Aug 4, 2017
meow meow
youtube.com
Pronouns
She/Her
I wholeheartedly agree with every point Eli provided in their post. Don't really have anything else to add to that.

Either way, I don't think we should judge an update that hasn't even come out yet. I believe it's a wait and see type of deal. We don't even know the prices they'll be sold for yet.

_The13thDoctor_

Forum Professional
Jul 23, 2016
Chicago, Illinois
www.cubecraft.net
Pronouns
He/Him
I wholeheartedly agree with every point Eli provided in their post. Don't really have anything else to add to that.

Either way, I don't think we should judge an update that hasn't even come out yet. I believe it's a wait and see type of deal. We don't even know the prices they'll be sold for yet.

True, although with what we know currently, it's nice to know what people think going into it.

Reactions: Hoshi
Members Online

Team online

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Casualpoalrbear wrote on Xi1m's profile.
FkhsjevXEBQvIe3.jpg
to the very few 5 or less people who are concerned about fhg dont worry its not going anywhere i just dont feel like writing at all and im disappointed in myself so

dw its not that deep
Desiderata wrote on caraMel's profile.
cara mel you are my biggest hater ily
1714232286010.png
Desiderata wrote on Centuria's profile.
congrats on being able to drive a car

should've said it here instead of posting it on the fhg topic :(
Top Bottom