Minecraft PC IP: play.cubecraft.net

Neowyld

Jul 30, 2019
I probably made this post like a year ago but here it goes:

OP Items and Triple health should be removed from the game. Triple health is an easy one because it is the least voted for mode in the game and is incredibly unfun. OP Items is the controversial one. Simply put, ttk is far too high in OP items. It makes the pvp less about skill and timing and too much about resources. Resources are an important part, but often times in late game OP matches, resources are the SOLE aspect of the game. PvP skill is nearly out the door because the margin for error in a battle is so great that one gap simply heals to full. So long as you aren't the player to run out, it doesn't matter how good you are at PvP, so long as you can out last. This creates an incredibly boring and frustrating dynamic where one player is trading hits 50 for 1 perhaps even while outnumbered and is still getting beaten.

The only way around it is bowspamming or catching people off guard using the geography of the map. Now bowspamming has been an issue that hasn't been addressed in ~14months ive played, but removing op effectively takes away from the power of the bow. It makes bowspamming less viable as the person shooting can tank less hits from a player trying to melee them. This obviously doesn't render the bow useless as it maintains the same amount of impact that it does early and mid game.

I understand this is a less than popular demand as OP has basically become the new normal at this point as every single game donators overrun the voting with it despite normal and hardcore items being much more fun, intuitive, competitive, and balanced.

Tl;dr: Remove op and Triple because the time to kill is too high. This also diminishes the effectiveness of bowspammers and rewards a skilled player more by decreasing the margin of error.

Maaarijn

Forum Veteran
Mar 12, 2017
het land van kroketten, frikandellen
www.youtube.com
I really don't like Overpowered items, personally I vote Hardcore and sometimes Normal. Still I don't think they should remove Overpowered items. It almost wins every game which means most people prefer it, so why would they remove the thing everyone likes?

The triple health feature is pretty useless, I agree. It almost never wins and most of the time that it wins it's because someone voted for it as a joke. I don't think a lot of people actually like it, but because it never wins the voting anyway it's no big deal to leave it in in my opinion. They could remove it to prevent people from trolling, but people would then simply vote for double health which is equally unfun.

Reactions: Gregeyy

404Owl

Dedicated Member
Mar 18, 2020
the procrasti-nation
People vote op because its the most fun. Its more fast paced. Bow spamming is kind of an issue, but remember you can do it to them just as easily as they can do it to u. About the resources vs skill, i get that op genrelly comes down to has more gear, but this is not always the case. One well timed bow shot is often the easier to kill a tank in full diamond. Also, getting resources requires rushing mid, and winning your fights in mid to defend the resources u collected. This requires skill.
Tldr: Op triple is annoying. Op in general is still fun. It simply has a different meta then normal or hardcore.

Reactions: luv! and Gregeyy

Hippir

Dedicated Member
Aug 18, 2016
UAE, Dubai
www.youtube.com
I highly doubt this suggestion would be accepted, but I do not agree with this as people have their preference and you could either leave the games that have selected votes you do not enjoy or purchase a rank with plus to overvote them.

TheZigbot9000

Dedicated Member
Jan 3, 2016
The North Obsidian Pillar in The End
I made an argument similar to this in an older thread where i suggested that the protection level on armor should change in response to the type of health voted for (Ex: prot 4 for Half. prot 1 for triple), but now i'm not so sure about that idea. Tbh anything above normal health just makes the game longer which is why voting for Half seems to be encouraged across the playerbase. There has to be another way we can spice up a normal game of Eggwars without prolonging player engagements since no one wants a pvp fight to be determined by the amount of armor sets you have in your inventory. I was thinking something along the lines of World Events but probably not since Lucky Islands already have a voting option like that. Overpowered in my opinion will always be here to stay. I don't fully support taking out Triple Health but i'm open to new things that can replace that voting option, whatever that may be.

Criiss

Oct 23, 2015
In version 1.8 the op is the best mode for eggwars since the fights are entertaining and so if you are only against one team you have a better chance of winning if you play against people who are not very experienced in op. the only problem I see is when people go out with bows, since the game becomes long and boring, I think they should raise the price of arrows or bows.

_The13thDoctor_

Forum Professional
Jul 23, 2016
Chicago, Illinois
www.cubecraft.net
Pronouns
He/Him
Completely disagree with everything said, me and my friends love to mess around with OP triple on solo maps against each other and most people either don't mind both voting types or like em. OP mode is pretty solid and is good enough atm, and triple health isn't to common but fun if you like long games.-1

KidBit

Dedicated Member
May 9, 2016
Maple Syrup Land
I personally like playing with OP items and normal health, but I understand what you are getting at. Even OP with Normal health can take a bit to kill a player. To me though, it feels like I'm working on my PvP with combos and crits. That's just my opinion though. I agree with the triple health though, I think that would be better removed then OP as OP is pretty popular, I hardly get into a game where OP is outvoted.

Herrero

Mar 4, 2017
Op half is the perfect combination. Basic items like food and blocks are much cheaper than in the other mode, but the fights take too long, that's why it's perfect combined with half.
Bow spamming isn't such a big deal if you try to make games fast, because to bow spamming you are forced to go to mid first, making a bridge which u can use to get their egg. Bows are great tools to kill those people who have been farming God apples and diamond gear, combining it with PvP, which isn't easy to do either, so it does require skill.
Also, long fights require more skill than short ones as you can attack people from behind or combo them once by luck. In long fights usually the most skilled wins.
This is why people vote for op. It's the most liked mode so it must be fun if so many people like it. They can't remove something that is mostly liked.
About hardcore... Sorry I have nothing good to say about it.

EggCracker12

Aug 9, 2020
Completely disagree with everything said, me and my friends love to mess around with OP triple on solo maps against each other and most people either don't mind both voting types or like em. OP mode is pretty solid and is good enough atm, and triple health isn't to common but fun if you like long games.-1
i agree OP triple is fun when u are in a party and join solo eggwars and a lot of people do /leave anyway so its even more fun because u can have a private game with ur party

RatedManMp46

Novice Member
Apr 12, 2020
Argentina,Buenos Aires
if they would ... all eggwars would die since more than 60% of eggwars players play more op because it is more fun and they will remove op from eggwars, eggwars instead of having 800 users would drop to much more ...

RatedManMp46

Novice Member
Apr 12, 2020
Argentina,Buenos Aires
I hate playing hard and normal as there are no rusher players and the game takes too long, instead the operation is much faster and you don't have to spend 30 minutes equipping yourself I saw that in the bedrock edition and the java edition they vote for the operation because it is a game that they finish quite quickly for cheap elements ... but if you are a player who does not like that ... then you can go to a game and where there are no people with rank and normal vote but the server or crazy they will remove it as almost the eggwars community like to play OP

Reactions: luv! and Gregeyy

LeCastel

Dedicated Member
Aug 23, 2016
The Shattered Plains
I understand this is a less than popular demand as OP has basically become the new normal at this point as every single game donators overrun the voting with it despite normal and hardcore items being much more fun, intuitive, competitive, and balanced.

That's an opinion.

Normal takes too long and hardcore is absolute garbage to me. I don't see the fun in having to sit on a gen for a couple blocks and a piece of food. With OP I can be out and about from the get go.

Even if non ranks could vote I still believe the majority of the games would be OP half.

luv!

Apr 13, 2020
Toronto, Ontario.
I probably made this post like a year ago but here it goes:

OP Items and Triple health should be removed from the game. Triple health is an easy one because it is the least voted for mode in the game and is incredibly unfun. OP Items is the controversial one. Simply put, ttk is far too high in OP items. It makes the pvp less about skill and timing and too much about resources. Resources are an important part, but often times in late game OP matches, resources are the SOLE aspect of the game. PvP skill is nearly out the door because the margin for error in a battle is so great that one gap simply heals to full. So long as you aren't the player to run out, it doesn't matter how good you are at PvP, so long as you can out last. This creates an incredibly boring and frustrating dynamic where one player is trading hits 50 for 1 perhaps even while outnumbered and is still getting beaten.

The only way around it is bowspamming or catching people off guard using the geography of the map. Now bowspamming has been an issue that hasn't been addressed in ~14months ive played, but removing op effectively takes away from the power of the bow. It makes bowspamming less viable as the person shooting can tank less hits from a player trying to melee them. This obviously doesn't render the bow useless as it maintains the same amount of impact that it does early and mid game.

Tl;dr: Remove op and Triple because the time to kill is too high. This also diminishes the effectiveness of bowspammers and rewards a skilled player more by decreasing the margin of error.
I feel like Eggwars voting should be similar to skywars in the sense that it locks votes 10 seconds before the game starts. If it’s overpowered; you’re restricted from voting triple and double health. If it’s normal; you’re restricted from voting triple. Hardcore allows the player to vote for any of the three.

Members Online

Members online

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

UncleSpect wrote on xSchulzis's profile.
Hiiii xSchulzis! :D
UncleSpect wrote on Roxlad's profile.
Happy birthday! 🎈
UncleSpect wrote on WolfX's profile.
Happy birthday! 🎈
UncleSpect wrote on Ferrcho's profile.
Happy birthday! 🎈
Heya, after a good while years having not appreciated sleep a lot, have I learned things. I have most of the times seen it as a hindrance to things such as relations and projects. But after years I realised that you need to sleep to be well. Both physically and mentally. When I also realized that I could work better and more efficiently, did I try to get more sleep. That reminds me, I need to sleep now hah XD
Top Bottom