Votes: 1 25.0%
  • Keep everything as it is

Votes: 2 50.0%

• Total voters

Josher

Forum Expert
Sep 1, 2015
Belgium
With the official launch of CubeCraft’s updated website, a whole new set of lovely emojis got introduced to the forums.
I think it’s safe to say that these new emojis look way better than the ones we were used to on the old forums. I think it could even be said that most of the custom emojis serve no purpose at all anymore since there are so many new ones that show the exact same facial expression and well- just look better. Here are some examples. Take a look.

:mad: —> 😡
:( —> 😢 or 😰
:cool: —> 😎
:) —> 😄
:p —> 😛
:eek: —> 😮 or 😯

And the list goes on...

For some reason however, if you try to type a smiley face using your classic keyboard characters, it automatically gets replaced by one of the horrible-looking monsters I listed above. And I know it is still possible to type a :D or a :) without it getting replaced by a :D and a :) but let’s be real now, it’s not that convenient to type out [PLAlN]*smiley*[/PLAlN] every time you just want to type a simple smiley face somewhere on the forums.

That’s why I either suggest to entirely remove the old (and weird-looking) emojis from the forums. Because as I mentioned earlier in this thread, they really don’t serve any purpose at all anymore and just make the forums look more messy when being used. Or at least get rid of the system that automatically replaces regular keyboard smileys with these awful things.

*Just for the record, I’m only referring the the custom smiley face emojis on the forums. :cubelet: :super_cubelet: :uber_cubelet: and :fantamug: are still fine, of course*

Alright, that’s about it from me for now.
Please, let me know how you feel about this by voting in the poll above!

Obviously, all feedback is welcome! ^-^

Last edited:

Quis

Forum Expert
Feb 4, 2020
The Netherlands
www.cubecraft.net
Pronouns
He/Him
I really like the idea. But I kinda like the emoji’s we have now. Maybe add new ones and also keep the old emoji’s.

I don’t really know what to vote so I will vote nothing.

Members Online

Members online

Latest profile posts

Desiderata wrote on Egg🥚's profile.
eggs age over time

how curious
C95689C6-C73E-40B4-9CD7-76C479A7E2D5.png

Here’s my son, I made him in biology today! Say hi to Jimothy!
UncleSpect wrote on Egg🥚's profile.
Happy birthday! 🎈
Desiderata wrote on savina875's profile.
thabks 4 folow
UncleSpect wrote on Casualpoalrbear's profile.
hoiii cas bearr
Top Bottom