Minecraft PC IP: play.cubecraft.net

ssf2_god

Aug 21, 2021
super smash flash 2
One person has already suggested idea, however it was >1 year ago and wasn’t forwarded. So with that I’m gonna post it myself.
Today, I was surfing the forums searching for new ideas, suggestions, games, etc. As you know, Cubecraft has added the feature that allows you to look up similar posts to the post you are reading now. But there is a problem.
1650582679682.png

As you can see, many threads including MY old thread were in the similar threads for no reason, and all of them were old. In one case I have found threads from 2020 in the similar threads so I clicked on it and replied to it by accident, getting me banned for necroposting by a moderator because they didn’t have a system back then that prevented that. Also no one wants to be recommended old/irrelevant threads that never got forwarded anyways.

So to counteract this issue, my suggestion is to force the "similar posts" feature to show only new posts (which are posted within the last 3 weeks) and forwarded suggestions, or at least to allow the member to choose whether they want to see all posts or only the new ones.

So that concludes my suggestion.
React :agree: if you agree
:unsure: if unsure
And :disagree: if you disagree
If you react with :disagree: or :unsure: please argue why in the replies.

Blom

Forum Expert
Sep 12, 2018
MinerWare Town
www.cubecraft.net
Pronouns
He/Him
Necroposting is not a problem anymore, as there is a big warning underneath an old post where you have to really click on a checkbox before you can reply. This warning prevents you from accidentally replpying, which I suppose is enough.

I think that showing older threads is super useful! You can read replies about the same topic perhaps, and question yourself "is this topic not forwarded for a specific reason?", "what are the counter opinions?", "Is this suggested before in general?" and "Would it make sense to post this thread again, as in, can I get it forwarded this time?" All these points added up results in a disagree for me, hope you understand :D

ssf2_god

Aug 21, 2021
super smash flash 2
Necroposting is not a problem anymore, as there is a big warning underneath an old post where you have to really click on a checkbox before you can reply. This warning prevents you from accidentally replpying, which I suppose is enough.

I think that showing older threads is super useful! You can read replies about the same topic perhaps, and question yourself "is this topic not forwarded for a specific reason?", "what are the counter opinions?", "Is this suggested before in general?" and "Would it make sense to post this thread again, as in, can I get it forwarded this time?" All these points added up results in a disagree for me, hope you understand :D
In my opinion, that is very unhelpful information. But I get your point here. However, it’s still ridiculous to find similar threads from a long time ago(up to >1 year ago). Those threads were never forwarded and are no reason to look at all.

Members Online

Team online

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Aveezz The OG wrote on univesanand's profile.
Happy Birthday
This is YOUR daily dose of facts #19-
The Sun makes a sound but we can't hear it.
Reesle wrote on xireu's profile.
Welcome to the Forums! Hope you enjoy your stay :D
Reesle wrote on Mantas2221's profile.
Welcome to the Forums! 👋
been working on chapter 4 + some changes to fhg
Top Bottom