Minecraft PC IP: play.cubecraft.net

Is wtf offensive? Or sexual content?

• No, its normal to say wtf.

Votes: 15 75.0%
  • No, wtf is normal to say. but stfu is not.

Votes: 5 25.0%
  • Yes its offensive, and needs to be reportable.

Votes: 3 15.0%
  • I don`t think its offensive but its sexual and need to be reportable.

Votes: 1 5.0%
  • Yes its offensive and sexual content and needs to be reportable

Votes: 2 10.0%
  • I think the staff team can better choose

Votes: 1 5.0%
  • Yes it must be reportable, but i have no idea why

Votes: 2 10.0%

• Total voters

zBune

Jun 3, 2017
Nederland/Netherlands
Twitch.tv
Disclaimer: this thread contains swearwords!

:cube_dark:We all know that Shut The Fuck Up is reportable
And What The Fuck is not reportable:cube_dark:

:cube_dark: Why is Shut The Fuck Up reportable and What the fuck not?
If u dont like toxic people
Just /ignore them.. or do ur chat off. u can easily avoid swearing, sexual content.
If stfu is reportable then make wtf also reportable

Or else make both of them not reportable
Because the /ignore command is there not for nothing and the minecraft settings are also changeable :cube_dark:

Another thing is wtf is swearing, sexual content
What the fuck
Its sexual content, and can be used for swearing and sexual content

Younisco

Forum Professional
May 13, 2014
london
Hey! Thanks for the suggestion and thank you for the concerns for our players, it is definitely appreciated.

The reason why "stfu" is reportable and "wtf" is not is because "stfu" is used in a negative / malicious way. For example, players may feel upset if someone tells them to "stfu". However, "wtf" is used more commonly and more casually than "stfu". It's the same reasoning for why "lmfao" is allowed - although it also includes a swear word, it is not malicious in any way.

I'm going to keep the thread open to see what others think about this as I'm quite curious.

Felinesheep1982

Novice Member
May 5, 2020
STFU is reportable because its targeted. WTF is not targeted towords anyone. I do not think it can be called sexual content because the word is being used in a non sexual way.

Reactions: Reversal XBL

Technosword

Forum Expert
Apr 21, 2020
US
In my opinion it’s all relative. If someone says, “WTF I LAGGED” then I would say they’re not trying to belittle anyone with their language or offend anyone so it’s allowed. However if someone said, “Wtf is wrong with you” that’s more targeted and the whole point of it is to make the person get upset. It all depends on context and we will punish for “wtf” if it’s used in certain ways but saying that we need to punish every time would cause problems as sometimes people just get annoyed and they’re getting frustrated without attacking other people. With a major rule change like this, we would need to broadcast it a lot because I know many people say “wtf” and it’s not right to randomly start punishing for it. I’m gonna have to say that the rule should stay the same because we can punish for “frick” even if it’s used in a certain way. Every word is relative, if it’s not used maliciously then I don’t think it should be punishable.

zBune

Jun 3, 2017
Nederland/Netherlands
Twitch.tv
I also suggested this a while ago, but after hearing the explanation I can understand why it is like this. 'stfu' is offensively aimed at someone and 'wtf' is just like and everyday expression for most people and it's not really that offensive. As @Technosword said, if it is used to offend / upset people it is muteable, so that's fine.

Yo man ye i have seen ur suggestion, that i why i made an Follow-Up Article about it.

Blank

Sep 19, 2017
Egypt
wtf is not targeted to anyone it's just like saying oh wtf was that or wtf happened so it's not really that offensive but saying stfu is always targeted to someone so I don't really think wtf should be reportable, so I disagree with making it reportable.
have a good day!

Members Online

Members online

Latest profile posts

qKhalidd wrote on ignsinf's profile.
Hi
TheOrderOfSapphire wrote on ii6xxq's profile.
welcome to the forums! I hope you will have a nice stay here:D
This is YOUR daily dose of facts #41-
The moon has moonquakes, which are kind of like the earthquakes on the Earth, but weaker.
Basketman wrote on Eli's profile.
Favourite how to tame a dragon movie, shoot.
Reesle wrote on ii6xxq's profile.
Welcome to the Official Cubecraft Forums!! Hope you enjoy your stay :)
Top Bottom