Minecraft PC IP: play.cubecraft.net

Dart monkey

Aug 11, 2017
This is the fifth strategy i have created/discovered. This strategy in the beginning is like horde beating strategy BUT it's different. Sorry if i don't have screenshots. This offense strategy will be beaten by horde beating strategy.

THIS proves that this is really a balancing update

strategy difficulty: hard
chances of winning: (50% - 99%)

Let's increase the coin production first.

STEPS
1. Your team should defend (tell them to defend)
2. send zombies first (2 times)
3. If you have got 120 exp, buy a coin upgrade
4. send zombies until you get 350 exp
5. if you get enough, buy a 2nd coin upgrade
6. send zombies 2 times after you bought a coin upgrade (2nd)
7. Buy a spider and rush it many times until you get 1000 exp
8. If you get enough of it, buy a 3rd coin upgrade.
9. upgrade your spiders until 4th upgrade
9.3. If you get enough 180 exp, buy a 2nd upgrade of a spider
9.6. If you get enough 570 exp, buy a 3rd upgrade of a spider
9.9. If you get enough 750 exp, buy a 4th upgrade of a spider
10. send level 4 spiders many times until you get 2500 exp (if you rush it, there will be low chances of winning it)
11. If you get enough 2500, buy a 4th mine upgrade.
12. send level 4 spiders until you get 980 exp
13. if you get enough 980 exp, buy a 5th upgrade of a spider
14. unlock skeleton
15. send level 5 spiders many times
16. If you get 2500 coins, rush 3 skeletons
17. Repeat the steps 14 and 15 until you get 6000 exp
18. If you get enough 6000 exp, buy the last coin upgrade.

Why are you using coin upgrade?
Because coin upgrade increases the coin production per second. The last coin upgrade has 100 coins per second.
And coins are the most important things in the game.

Now lets head to the Offense strategy
If it's horde, switch to horde beatin strategy

19. Rush level 5 spiders many times until you get 500 exp
20. If you get enough 500 exp, buy a blaze
21. Rush level 5 spiders many times until you get 890 exp
21. If you get enough 890 exp, buy a 2nd upgrade of a blaze
21.5. There may be chances of upgrading blazes into a third upgrade. Rush spiders many times until you get 1680 exp and buy the 3rd upgrade of blaze.
22. Wait until Armageddon starts
23. Rush 3 full blazes (Send 12 blazes 3 times)
24. Support your blazes with Potions like speed potions and heal potions (heal potion is recommended)

There you have it, you beat the game. It will take long for the steps of coin production. 20 minutes to 25 minutes made these 2 strategies possible (Horde beating strategy and offense strategy).

Last edited:

Manchot999

Novice Member
Dec 27, 2016
This is quite similar to what I do usually when I have a cooperating team, but your strategy seems more efficient since it allows for solo play instead of constant /share. I usually stopped at 50/sec before saving up, but I have been using only level 3 spiders since the invisible ones took so long to die against people who only put mages near the end. I think the only time where this doesn't work is if they are using your archer strategy from another post, since that just kills everything which isn't massive and not supported heavily. Keep up with those strategy posts, they are helping the TD community adapt to a game that got really mixed up in the past few months. I will definitely inform other players of this in game.

PS : You seem to play this game a lot, I'm surprised I have never seen you on the server.

Reactions: Dart monkey

Dart monkey

Aug 11, 2017
This is quite similar to what I do usually when I have a cooperating team, but your strategy seems more efficient since it allows for solo play instead of constant /share. I usually stopped at 50/sec before saving up, but I have been using only level 3 spiders since the invisible ones took so long to die against people who only put mages near the end. I think the only time where this doesn't work is if they are using your archer strategy from another post, since that just kills everything which isn't massive and not supported heavily. Keep up with those strategy posts, they are helping the TD community adapt to a game that got really mixed up in the past few months. I will definitely inform other players of this in game.

PS : You seem to play this game a lot, I'm surprised I have never seen you on the server.
I saw you once... Yes strategies are useful for the game. I see old players have quit tower defense, and didn't really experience this update alot. This update is awesome and i support this update right now. Why many players have quit TD today?

Reactions: Manchot999

Manchot999

Novice Member
Dec 27, 2016
I saw you once... Yes strategies are useful for the game. I see old players have quit tower defense, and didn't really experience this update alot. This update is awesome and i support this update right now. Why many players have quit TD today?
Oh yes, once, when some obsidians were silverfish rushing... I'm glad that's over now.

I guess lots of people quit because they don't like change. I mean, I didn't like the TD balancing update nor the 1.9 combat update but I love them now, it's just an aquired taste. Sadly some people just don't have enough patience.

Reactions: Dart monkey

Dart monkey

Aug 11, 2017
This is the problem with the strategy...
since it relies on your team mates making good choices which well isn't your choice which is going to screw you over
Less defense might also make you win like last time. My team have less defense but we won. I didn't mean the good team. Just tell them to defend and place towers. You can defend a little bit if your team is in trouble.

MarcoPlayzz

Dedicated Member
Oct 25, 2016
Less defense might also make you win like last time. My team have less defense but we won. I didn't mean the good team. Just tell them to defend and place towers. You can defend a little bit if your team is in trouble.
To me the best way to win TD is to have a good team, if you don't then you lost, because they start making it worse. That's why I always play it with friends, way much easier.

Dart monkey

Aug 11, 2017
To me the best way to win TD is to have a good team, if you don't then you lost, because they start making it worse. That's why I always play it with friends, way much easier.
Yes, but finding a good team is unlikely, bad team will also make you win. Don't say there are no chances. I like your idea tho but i won once in a bad team with bad replacements and with diamond rank in our opposite team

MarcoPlayzz

Dedicated Member
Oct 25, 2016
Yes, but finding a good team is unlikely, bad team will also make you win. Don't say there are no chances. I like your idea tho but i won once in a bad team with bad replacements and with diamond rank in our opposite team
You could be lucky, having that one good player. I once got a full noob team, that didn't even know how to place a tower lol.

Dart monkey

Aug 11, 2017
You could be lucky, having that one good player. I once got a full noob team, that didn't even know how to place a tower lol.
I'm not lucky. I don't even have a good teammate last time. But i also defend with mages, and ice against invisible spiders, and they did place them but at the terrible replacement. All i did is to become SOLO to win.

Good team = work together
Bad team = solo

Dart monkey

Aug 11, 2017
This is the problem with the strategy...
since it relies on your team mates making good choices which well isn't your choice which is going to screw you over
Number one is now edited. Tell them to defend and tell them that you will offend

ymbmg

Jul 16, 2016
It's not that we didn't have the patience for Tower Defence, we actually reported several bugs, spoke directly to Tacosbefriends, played Tower Defense matches with staff, (Tacos included) and I alone have over twenty-eight days of in-game time. We reported that you couldn't see the health of giants, cave spiders, and so on. There were also several requests for a competitve Tower Defense mode that were all quietly rejected. We were really just sick of some of the stuff that happened, so even though there was another balancing update, the motivation to stay died out for us. Speaking of the update, I've heard from a friend that the game still has some balancing issues.

Enough of that though, let me show you a video of a match before the update, and pour in some detail about what the game was like prior to the update.

Before the update, sending and/or defending against giants was an expensive task. There were two good approaches to handle a giant on defense, and we showed one of the ways in the video above. It was a known fact that if you killed a giant before it reached the castle, it split into magma cubes and slimes, and if you killed it while it was at the castle, it wouldn't split into the other mobs. Killing a giant while it was at the castle was often called "castling the giant". However, there's a bit more to the concept of castling a giant... If you were to kill a giant before it touched the castle, but after it walked next to the castle guards, it would die without doing any damage whatsoever; we called this "perfectly castling the giant". My first time successfully doing it on purpose was when I was playing with ronnielei, and only the two of us were on red. A player sent a giant at us, and as it approached the last turn and got close to the castle, we decided to castle the giant without taking damage. It was incredible! We didn't speak to each other in a voice chat or even really type to each other. I saw her go to place the Zeus towers (which were ideal for killing giants at the castle at the time) while I bought freeze potions. As the giant got closer to the castle, it had roughly two bars of health left. I froze the giant as she upgraded one of the Zeus towers. We had never rehearsed any roles or talked in-detail about the timing of when to upgrade the towers, when to freeze the giant, or anything of the sort. Our timings were in-sync and perfect... we managed to kill the giant without taking any damage - with just the two of us. We had total faith in each other, and believed that we were both able to read the giant's health and time our movements accordingly. While it doesn't sound impressive in text, it looked, felt, and was simply.... amazing; those were the moments that we lived for.

Tower Defense wasn't just balanced, there was an emphasis on managing your coins and exp effectively, placing towers where their ranges were elongated, not over-extending in one aspect of the game, and knowing all of the small quirks that were in the game. Even going for a good goldmine upgrade wasn't simple in the toughest of matches. If you rushed for fast experience at the beginning of the match while taking the coins from dead mobs, it left your team practically defenseless and supplied the other team with a lot of coins. There was an emphasis on getting goldmine, but there was also an emphasis on not leaving your defense open while doing it.

The complexity of the game has suffered. We've tried to get Cubecraft's staff to add the classic version back, while keeping the new one. We've asked for a skill-based ranking system. We've reported bugs, such as the health bar over a giant disappearing altogether. We've poured days of our time into this game. We've suggested an alternative to removing the votekick command. We had over one thousand views on a thread for bringing back the classic version. Yet everything that we've done was either rejected, ignored, trampled on, or some combination thereof. I'll be honest, after a friend pointed out that you said we "don't have enough patience" in a voice call on discord, I was disappointed in your comments. We tried feverishly to accomplish a lot, and it was all in vain. I thought it was clear from our previous posts that we were once dedicated. There haven't been many positive results from Cubecraft's Tower Defense updates, and Tower Defense has lost a lot of popularity because of it.

As always, thanks for reading. I'm ymbmg95 in-game. I'm not proud to say that I've lost my faith in Cubecraft, but it's the truth.

Last edited:

hyena3000

Sep 24, 2015
"perfectly castling the giant"

Nice, I never knew it was called that way. Without the giants healthbar (except on caves) it became tougher to perform. For me it was one of the ways to lose some bad teammates when playing without friends. Somehow they just left when the giant came close, boosting my gold by selling their crappy towers, even though I always told them everything was under control x-)

Aah, good old times lol. I tried the new TD a few times the 2 days after it came out. Not playing TD anymore. I'm not against the new TD, but it just isn't my cup of tea.

Manchot999

Novice Member
Dec 27, 2016
I guess someone with the IGN TowerDefense doesn't have enough patience.
Oof.
My first post was rushed, I admit it, but your answer is simply condescending. I was trying to talk about the people who just saw "TD update" and just filled the chat with "TD IS RUINED" without even playing more than one game. These people don't have enough patience. I have no clue if you actually "tried to like" the update and failed, but please do not answer by simply trying to put yourself over others using a simple name as reason to do so.
It's not that we didn't have the patience for Tower Defence, we actually reported several bugs, spoke directly to Tacosbefriends, played Tower Defense matches with staff, (Tacos included) and I alone have over twenty-eight days of in-game time. We reported that you couldn't see the health of giants, cave spiders, and so on. There were also several requests for a competitve Tower Defense mode that were all quietly rejected. We were really just sick of some of the stuff that happened, so even though there was another balancing update, the motivation to stay died out for us. Speaking of the update, I've heard from a friend that the game still has some balancing issues.

Enough of that though, let me show you a video of a match before the update, and pour in some detail about what the game was like prior to the update.

Before the update, sending and/or defending against giants was an expensive task. There were two good approaches to handle a giant on defense, and we showed one of the ways in the video above. It was a known fact that if you killed a giant before it reached the castle, it split into magma cubes and slimes, and if you killed it while it was at the castle, it wouldn't split into the other mobs. Killing a giant while it was at the castle was often called "castling the giant". However, there's a bit more to the concept of castling a giant... If you were to kill a giant before it touched the castle, but after it walked next to the castle guards, it would die without doing any damage whatsoever; we called this "perfectly castling the giant". My first time successfully doing it on purpose was when I was playing with ronnielei, and only the two of us were on red. A player sent a giant at us, and as it approached the last turn and got close to the castle, we decided to castle the giant without taking damage. It was incredible! We didn't speak to each other in a voice chat or even really type to each other. I saw her go to place the Zeus towers (which were ideal for killing giants at the castle at the time) while I bought freeze potions. As the giant got closer to the castle, it had roughly two bars of health left. I froze the giant as she upgraded one of the Zeus towers. We had never rehearsed any roles or talked in-detail about the timing of when to upgrade the towers, when to freeze the giant, or anything of the sort. Our timings were in-sync and perfect... we managed to kill the giant without taking any damage - with just the two of us. We had total faith in each other, and believed that we were both able to read the giant's health and time our movements accordingly. While it doesn't sound impressive in text, it looked, felt, and was simply.... amazing; those were the moments that we lived for.

Tower Defense wasn't just balanced, there was an emphasis on managing your coins and exp effectively, placing towers where their ranges were elongated, not over-extending in one aspect of the game, and knowing all of the small quirks that were in the game. Even going for a good goldmine upgrade wasn't simple in the toughest of matches. If you rushed for fast experience at the beginning of the match while taking the coins from dead mobs, it left your team practically defenseless and supplied the other team with a lot of coins. There was an emphasis on getting goldmine, but there was also an emphasis on not leaving your defense open while doing it.

The complexity of the game has suffered. We've tried to get Cubecraft's staff to add the classic version back, while keeping the new one. We've asked for a skill-based ranking system. We've reported bugs, such as the health bar over a giant disappearing altogether. We've poured days of our time into this game. We've suggested an alternative to removing the votekick command. We had over one thousand views on a thread for bringing back the classic version. Yet everything that we've done was either rejected, ignored, trampled on, or some combination thereof. I'll be honest, after a friend pointed out that you said we "don't have enough patience" in a voice call on discord, I was disappointed in your comments. We tried feverishly to accomplish a lot, and it was all in vain. I thought it was clear from our previous posts that we were once dedicated. There haven't been many positive results from Cubecraft's Tower Defense updates, and Tower Defense has lost a lot of popularity because of it.

As always, thanks for reading. I'm ymbmg95 in-game. I'm not proud to say that I've lost my faith in Cubecraft, but it's the truth.
I must say that my post was quite disrespectful against people like you who miss classic. It was a bit rushed, I apologize. You do have some valid points though. I played classic a lot (not as much as you though of course), so I understand what you're talking about. Perhaps I'm only blinded by the fact that the obsidian exploit was fixed and to me everything is wonderful now and Cube does listen. However, I must say that I still enjoy TD. Not as much as the old one, but I still like it. In my first post, I wasn't aiming for someone in particular, the situation just really reminded me of the time when 1.9 came and people started screaming 5 hours after release that PvP was ruined forever. If the update had been : "here's the Tiki tower you wanted, and here's a turret buff, and enjoy", I'm sure the whole community would have enjoyed the update more, but I do give credit for the Balancing Update, which proves that Cube listens, and it was actually good (it brought the game back up). That's just my opinion though, some people prefer 1.8 and others 1.9 and I think it's the same thing here.

ymbmg

Jul 16, 2016
It should be the same thing here... but it's not. People can go back to 1.8 PvP, but you can't go back to classic Cubecraft Tower Defence, even though we fought for it. As for Cubecraft, it did update Tower Defence after we talked to the staff team about the bugs. However, there were a lot that still weren't fixed.

Word of caution: Cubecraft removes games. There's a thread somewhere on the forums (I'm tired of digging for them.) that lists all of the games that were removed/updated.... and there were quite a few on the list. Control Point, Quakecraft in Arcade, and more... all were removed or updated. Tower Defence's popularity seems to be plummeting. It's not that I don't want to support Tower Defence anymore, but with the way things have gone, all hope looks lost to me.

I'm ymbmg95 in-game, Tower Defence's first Pokemon Master.

Reactions: 11Ls and Manchot999

Dart monkey

Aug 11, 2017
Sorry im back because i suffered a dengue fever last several days.

I didn't only remember this time but i also remember the good old times. One time at the classic update, i had a game that is incredible. I was alone with my team battling against 3 (i had my teammates For a short periods of time). I was gonna earn classic 25 coins per second and i did it. I defend with archers and artilleries (archer at the front and artillery on the back). I got my defense ready before the armaggedon mode. When it had started, wither came out destroyed my teammate's towers. And the wither was gonna go to my defense. It got killed after like 7 seconds. The wither destroyed some of my towers. I continued growing a defense and several minutes later, i saw giant walking slowly, i use freeze potion, and he is going to my defense. The giant died at the tip of my defense, and it spitted to other mobs. The other mobs almost touched my castle, thanks to freeze potion and me building random towers. I have continued growing my defense, and i saw opposite team sending 2 giants. And thanks to my defense getting so big that in the map of OLD SPACE, it covered middle of the map to near mob spawner and freeze potions, the giants are killed at a perfect time and giant's mobs Are killed at the tip of my defense. It ended up with tie. I felt won to myself because i never saw once like this. It was so amazing.

-"you couldn't see cave spider's health": consider castle because number health system will solve your problem

I also support the old update. This time is good for me but better if the old version is update.
The only known positive known results here are:
It's balanced
Horde is harder but possible to beat.
Witches are more useful which makes the game fun
Other more....

The Real Xevoro

Aug 19, 2015
US East Coast
This is the fifth strategy i have created/discovered. This strategy in the beginning is like horde beating strategy BUT it's different. Sorry if i don't have screenshots. This offense strategy will be beaten by horde beating strategy.

THIS proves that this is really a balancing update

strategy difficulty: hard
chances of winning: (50% - 99%)

Let's increase the coin production first.

STEPS
1. Your team should defend (tell them to defend)
2. send zombies first (2 times)
3. If you have got 120 exp, buy a coin upgrade
4. send zombies until you get 350 exp
5. if you get enough, buy a 2nd coin upgrade
6. send zombies 2 times after you bought a coin upgrade (2nd)
7. Buy a spider and rush it many times until you get 1000 exp
8. If you get enough of it, buy a 3rd coin upgrade.
9. upgrade your spiders until 4th upgrade
9.3. If you get enough 180 exp, buy a 2nd upgrade of a spider
9.6. If you get enough 570 exp, buy a 3rd upgrade of a spider
9.9. If you get enough 750 exp, buy a 4th upgrade of a spider
10. send level 4 spiders many times until you get 2500 exp (if you rush it, there will be low chances of winning it)
11. If you get enough 2500, buy a 4th mine upgrade.
12. send level 4 spiders until you get 980 exp
13. if you get enough 980 exp, buy a 5th upgrade of a spider
14. unlock skeleton
15. send level 5 spiders many times
16. If you get 2500 coins, rush 3 skeletons
17. Repeat the steps 14 and 15 until you get 6000 exp
18. If you get enough 6000 exp, buy the last coin upgrade.

Why are you using coin upgrade?
Because coin upgrade increases the coin production per second. The last coin upgrade has 100 coins per second.
And coins are the most important things in the game.

Now lets head to the Offense strategy
If it's horde, switch to horde beatin strategy

19. Rush level 5 spiders many times until you get 500 exp
20. If you get enough 500 exp, buy a blaze
21. Rush level 5 spiders many times until you get 890 exp
21. If you get enough 890 exp, buy a 2nd upgrade of a blaze
21.5. There may be chances of upgrading blazes into a third upgrade. Rush spiders many times until you get 1680 exp and buy the 3rd upgrade of blaze.
22. Wait until Armageddon starts
23. Rush 3 full blazes (Send 12 blazes 3 times)
24. Support your blazes with Potions like speed potions and heal potions (heal potion is recommended)

There you have it, you beat the game. It will take long for the steps of coin production. 20 minutes to 25 minutes made these 2 strategies possible (Horde beating strategy and offense strategy).
This is a good strategy! I actually thoroughly enjoy playing Tower Defense, and if more people saw this post, I bet they would be more likely to play seeing a strategy that could help them win!

Members Online

Team online

Latest profile posts

Desiderata wrote on savina875's profile.
thabks 4 folow
UncleSpect wrote on Casualpoalrbear's profile.
hoiii cas bearr
UncleSpect wrote on Gokhan_'s profile.
thank you for the follow! 🎈
Casualpoalrbear wrote on Frontlane's profile.
That's an interesting tag in your name.
GiGaGekkies wrote on deoxyq's profile.
Happy Birthday!
Top Bottom