Do you feel it's too cheap?

• Yes

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • No

Votes: 8 100.0%

• Total voters

Foodie

Dec 28, 2018
(I used the java prefix, because I don't know enough about prices on Bedrock to make a thread including it)

Does anyone else feel that obsidian is too easy to get? On some gamemodes it's only 15 gold for 5 pieces, on 4s I think it'S 50, although even then, I feel that you should need diamonds to get it. I don't think you should be able to get enough to cover your bed so quickly. Some people might like it, but I think there's more strategy involved when you can't leave your egg for that long, and it makes the game more fast paced. Again some people might not like that, personally I prefer it. I'd love to hear some thoughts on this.

benc_

Novice Member
Jun 24, 2020
england
(I used the java prefix, because I don't know enough about prices on Bedrock to make a thread including it)

Does anyone else feel that obsidian is too easy to get? On some gamemodes it's only 15 gold for 5 pieces, on 4s I think it'S 50, although even then, I feel that you should need diamonds to get it. I don't think you should be able to get enough to cover your bed so quickly. Some people might like it, but I think there's more strategy involved when you can't leave your egg for that long, and it makes the game more fast paced. Again some people might not like that, personally I prefer it. I'd love to hear some thoughts on this.
I think that the price of Obsidian is okay - as although it makes it more grindy to get the diamond pickaxe to break it it makes the game almost a more fun amount of time to play. Obsidian isn't as overpowered as it is in some games and therefore I think it makes the game a decent length to play.

On the other hand, I think that it should be whoever gets to mid first also gets the better bed defences - but not sure.

Foodie

Dec 28, 2018
I think that the price of Obsidian is okay - as although it makes it more grindy to get the diamond pickaxe to break it it makes the game almost a more fun amount of time to play. Obsidian isn't as overpowered as it is in some games and therefore I think it makes the game a decent length to play.

On the other hand, I think that it should be whoever gets to mid first also gets the better bed defences - but not sure.
Personally, I prefer faster games, just different preferences I guess. But I just feel that whoever is good enough to get mid long enough for a good amount of diamonds should get the obsidian. It's not overpowered in the sense that it needs to be nerfed I don't think. It just should cost more in my opinion.

Reactions: benc_

cisean

Novice Member
Apr 16, 2020
I personally think the obsidian prices are fine he way it is right now, 15 gold does seem like a little, but it's overpowered so it's easier to get diamond picks

in normal mode obsidian is 50 gold but diamond picks do cost more

Foodie

Dec 28, 2018
I personally think the obsidian prices are fine he way it is right now, 15 gold does seem like a little, but it's overpowered so it's easier to get diamond picks

in normal mode obsidian is 50 gold but diamond picks do cost more
I guess. Even then, I think I'm just of the opinion that you should need to make it to mid to get the best block in the game.

cisean

Novice Member
Apr 16, 2020
I guess. Even then, I think I'm just of the opinion that you should need to make it to mid to get the best block in the game.
well I do agree with you, its hard to get eggs earlier in the game because everyone already has obsidian in overpowered, but also some maps dont have already activated gold gens, which forces people to go to mid :)

Reactions: benc_

Foodie

Dec 28, 2018
well I do agree with you, its hard to get eggs earlier in the game because everyone already has obsidian in overpowered, but also some maps dont have already activated gold gens, which forces people to go to mid :)
Yeah, that's true. In overpowered maybe just make it need slightly more gold. But yeah in normal I think it should need diamonds.

klqus

Novice Member
Jul 18, 2017
United Kingdom
I think the price is fine, not many like the challenge of trying to get peoples eggs with lots of obsidian or just 5 but I personally do. Otherwise the game would go on for a very short period of time if eggs are easier to get which isn't much fun.

Foodie

Dec 28, 2018
I think the price is fine, not many like the challenge of trying to get peoples eggs with lots of obsidian or just 5 but I personally do. Otherwise the game would go on for a very short period of time if eggs are easier to get which isn't much fun.
Yeah, as I said, I prefer the faster paced, shorter games. I think most people prefer the longer ones though, so this is probably an unpopular opinion.

Jiivan

Dedicated Member
Sep 3, 2018
Catalonia
In my personal opinion obsidian prices are fine. I personally don't like longer games as I like to rush players and end the game quickly. I never wait until other players get full obsi to their egg.

Foodie

Dec 28, 2018
In my personal opinion obsidian prices are fine. I personally don't like longer games as I like to rush players and end the game quickly. I never wait until other players get full obsi to their egg.
Maybe I'm just terrible at rushing people haha. I don't like longer games either.

Reactions: Jiivan
Members Online

Team online

Latest profile posts

Eli
The return of the Snow Rank

1713448196080.png
TheOrderOfSapphire wrote on Desiderata's profile.
💙
Nightmare wrote on linkxniko's profile.
Thanks for the follow!
Top Bottom