Minecraft PC IP: play.cubecraft.net
Status
Not open for further replies.

Trickmaster

Dedicated Member
May 23, 2014
Potato Heaven
Seriously, the sarcasm was real in that statement. We may as well give them /fly or /god, it would make this a true pay to win server. Encouraging the use of overpowered kits by donating, where is the skill aspect? Is pvp even matter anymore? How can you fight someone when they are eating god apples every 10 seconds when their health is down to half? I remember on Super Craft Brothers on another server, there were people saying " Oh, I could take on an enderdragon (overpowered kit) as a villager (weak kit). " That's like saying I can win against an emerald tank as a stone ninja. I get that somehow people need to donate, which gets me to wonder how servers like Mineplex can balance out overpoweed and underpowered, donators and stone, without giving donators an unfair advantage. I've been against this idea, and I know that my opinion won't do anything. But I thought it would be nice to give other people another perspective.

Yittamonkey

Forum Expert
Mar 30, 2014
Canadia
Seriously, the sarcasm was real in that statement. We may as well give them /fly or /god, it would make this a true pay to win server. Encouraging the use of overpowered kits by donating, where is the skill aspect? Is pvp even matter anymore? How can you fight someone when they are eating god apples every 10 seconds when their health is down to half? I remember on Super Craft Brothers on another server, there were people saying " Oh, I could take on an enderdragon (overpowered kit) as a villager (weak kit). " That's like saying I can win against an emerald tank as a stone ninja. I get that somehow people need to donate, which gets me to wonder how servers like Mineplex can balance out overpoweed and underpowered, donators and stone, without giving donators an unfair advantage. I've been against this idea, and I know that my opinion won't do anything. But I thought it would be nice to give other people another perspective.
Please don't advertise.

MiNzZA

Mar 17, 2014
Maybe give them slowness or some bad potion effect to balance it out. It does seem like it's a pay to win server which can stop new people from going on to the server. I recently read a server review for this server that said it was really unfair for non-donators.
Just keep the huge perks to creative or keep them like in SG e.g kill to heal < that sort of thing with maybe slightly better weapons but not OP like the higher donator tiers.

Trickmaster

Dedicated Member
May 23, 2014
Potato Heaven
Please don't advertise.
I am not advertising. Alluding to another server to enhance someone's point is not advertising. The desired effect of the name of the server was to give the person a better sense of what I was talking about. Just saying something good about another server does not mean I want people to play on there. Just alluding the mineplex's join system is not advertising, it is meant to give a better idea of what a good joining system is. I am offended that you would think that my well-stated opinion on an open discussion is advertising, for an allusion with the purpose of giving a better understanding to the viewers that takes up less than a third of the message,

Yittamonkey

Forum Expert
Mar 30, 2014
Canadia
I am not advertising. Alluding to another server to enhance someone's point is not advertising. The desired effect of the name of the server was to give the person a better sense of what I was talking about. Just saying something good about another server does not mean I want people to play on there. Just alluding the mineplex's join system is not advertising, it is meant to give a better idea of what a good joining system is. I am offended that you would think that my well-stated opinion on an open discussion is advertising, for an allusion with the purpose of giving a better understanding to the viewers that takes up less than a third of the message,
You could have said another server, by the way that is.

ThatOnePeanutGuy

Apr 19, 2014
Planters Peanut Factory (Better than Wonka's)
In my opinion, Obisidian is way too OP, so OP to the point where it is even unfair to other donors.
I mean for stones, they should have a smaller chance, so that they might donate to the server, but that doesn't mean its neccessary to make a rank where it takes a solid 45 minutes of hacking away at the same obsidian just to kill them and have said obsidian come back and murder you 20 seconds later. I understand that to get obsidian you have to donate A LOT of money, and I think its perfectly fine for them to have many OP buffs for being so generous with their money. What isn't neccessary is EXTREME over powered PVP oriented improvements. After all, PVP is about fighting other players to find out who is the best of the best. It doesn't quite work when it takes several skilled PVP'ers to take down one mediocre Obsidian ranked player. Then it's no longer be the best of the best, it is pay the most for the best. 100 plots, speed boost, many of the things you can get seem great to me. Its just that when you have God armor, God swords, God apples, just God everything as a basic kit for them, PVP is suddenly much less fun for everyone else.

Reactions: MiNzZA

Oceanical

Forum Expert
Feb 24, 2014
on an adventure
I mean for stones, they should have a smaller chance, so that they might donate to the server, but that doesn't mean its neccessary to make a rank where it takes a solid 45 minutes of hacking away at the same obsidian just to kill them and have said obsidian come back and murder you 20 seconds later. I understand that to get obsidian you have to donate A LOT of money, and I think its perfectly fine for them to have many OP buffs for being so generous with their money. What isn't neccessary is EXTREME over powered PVP oriented improvements. After all, PVP is about fighting other players to find out who is the best of the best. It doesn't quite work when it takes several skilled PVP'ers to take down one mediocre Obsidian ranked player. Then it's no longer be the best of the best, it is pay the most for the best. 100 plots, speed boost, many of the things you can get seem great to me. Its just that when you have God armor, God swords, God apples, just God everything as a basic kit for them, PVP is suddenly much less fun for everyone else.
I agree with most of what you said, but donating means donating to benefit a cause, not to recieve rewards. Donating usually means giving, expecting nothing in return. At CCG, when people donate, we give them a rank and some power to give thanks, but the new rank Obsidian has completely changed the definition of the word "donating."

Status
Not open for further replies.
Members Online

Members online

Latest profile posts

CubeT0ch wrote on savina875's profile.
Thanks for the follow to I guess.
lyxda wrote on savina875's profile.
ty for the follow (˶ᵔ ᵕ ᵔ˶) ♡
vPhaseAsu wrote on Frontlane's profile.
1713905163373.png
TheOrderOfSapphire wrote on Baploon's profile.
Happy Birthday!:D
ninjaaleen wrote on qKhalidd's profile.
hi
Top Bottom