Minecraft PC IP: play.cubecraft.net

KitKatkels17

Jul 27, 2016
Candy - https://discord.gg/rcQfj8v
Ok so I don't even know where to put this but I am appalled that CubeCraft put this type of language on the forums, even though you are able to report people for this language
Microsoft Edge 6_9_2017 10_23_27 PM (2).png
Incase you didn't see it CubeCraft said and I quote "We work hard to make a kick-ass community"
I am not ok with that kind of language being on CubeCraft a kid friendly server that bans people for saying that.
I found this is status which can be found by going to the report section and looking at the dark blue bar.
Link --> https://stats.cubecraft.net/
I would really appreciate a reason for this and to have this taken down or have the word replaced

Emmy

Jun 29, 2016
CandyCove
Well I understand that they didn't mean anything bad by it. personally I don't think it's that bad, kids say it all the time and here, and outside of the internet. But if they mute people for saying that, it could be a bit hypocritical.

Last edited:

Tim Brockway

Ok so I don't even know where to put this but I am appalled that CubeCraft put this type of language on the forums, even though you are able to report people for this language View attachment 133711 Incase you didn't see it CubeCraft said and I quote "We work hard to make a kick-ass community"
I am not ok with that kind of language being on CubeCraft a kid friendly server that bans people for saying that.
I found this is status which can be found by going to the report section and looking at the dark blue bar.
Link --> https://stats.cubecraft.net/
I would really appreciate a reason for this and to have this taken down or have the word replaced
Well, you're already telling them to change it, so why not give them something good enough so they can change it to that?

TheBrownster

Forum Expert
Jun 10, 2016
A Pasture
I honestly don't even know why cubecraft cares so much about swearing. Most kids these days know/use swear words at younger and younger ages so it's not like limiting language is 'protecting' anyone. I understand that people can use it in a toxic way, but saying 'kick-ass' should be completely fine.

Jef15ist

Dedicated Member
Jun 7, 2016
India
CubeCraft's stats page isn't visited that much. I visit it if the server gets a high player count.

Kids seeing this language won't traumatize them or anything so its not a big deal.

Reactions: Vickay and Spleefy

Spleefy

Novice Member
May 27, 2017
Arcade
So you object to the word "kick-ass"? Hmm, interesting.

I get this is a kid-friendly site, but I just can't see how the word "kick-ass" is really anything to lose sleep over. It adds a bit of a punch to the sentence. And as @Jefsweatsgames said, kids won't be traumatized by it. I do appreciate where you are coming from, and I'm sorry that word bothers you, but I just can't see why it is such a big deal.

But thank you for voicing your concerns and sharing this with us :)

Vickay

Dedicated Member
Aug 18, 2016
England
The thing is, they don't even mute for the word "ass" so I don't really understand how this could be considered "hypocritical" ...
It really is just a word and it's not even being used in offensive context... no need to get so worked up over it.

Reactions: Despacito 2

Jaistrix

Forum Expert
Oct 20, 2015
England
twitter.com
It depends how young you are looking at. Saying words like this has never bothered me personally because saying "ass" it's looked on as really mild language.

I think if the player base for this server was 3 year olds then changing this would be fair enough but saying "ass" is everywhere anyway these day, especially in films.

A lot of PG movies say "ass". If you look at the age rating for minecraft it is 7+ which is along the same lines as the PG movie rating so if you go by ratings and what kids are "allowed" to see and hear then at this age they are old enough to be around it.

At the end of the day though it's down to the parents preference with what kind of language they allowed their kids around, age ratings can say anything but if the parent sees something they would rather not have their kids around then it's up to them to keep them away from it.

Also this is on the stats page which in my opinion is one of the most pointless pages in the entire forum and if a kid that age was going out of their way to look for that page I would be very surprised.

matcha

Forum Veteran
Nov 15, 2016
Droptown
I like the fact that Cube wants to be mainly a child friendly server, but personally I couldn't care less about swearing. I get it, when someone targets you with that kind of language, something needs to be done. But most swear words, I'm pretty fine with. Words like ass, I don't really see a problem with. It's not really harmful as other words such as 'b-tch' and more.

~

And as a few people above me have already mention. They find the word not really worth getting so worked up about. And I agree. It sounds pretty petty, but kay.

Story

Forum Professional
Jan 30, 2014
Glasgow
letterboxd.com
I honestly don't even know why cubecraft cares so much about swearing. Most kids these days know/use swear words at younger and younger ages so it's not like limiting language is 'protecting' anyone. I understand that people can use it in a toxic way, but saying 'kick-ass' should be completely fine.

I think the fact that strict rules are in place show that they genuinely care about their server, by not allowing people to swear it narrows their players to a specific player base who are friendly and don't swear and not a toxic die hard PVP community. (BadLion, anyone?)

I generally think it's the best move to make.

-

As for the post, I don't think it should be changed. Because for one; you can't be punished for saying "kick-ass" in the same context it is here, you can't call someone an ass but that's different from what we see here. 'Ass' also isn't even in the filter for swear words on the server further showcasing that it is in fact OK to say this, so it's not hypocritical whatsoever.

Despacito 2

Forum Professional
Dec 6, 2015
I think the fact that strict rules are in place show that they genuinely care about their server, by not allowing people to swear it narrows their players to a specific player base who are friendly and don't swear and not a toxic die hard PVP community. (BadLion, anyone?)
The community is still toxic even with these "strict" rules.

AbandonedUser

Nov 28, 2016
It depends how young you are looking at. Saying words like this has never bothered me personally because saying "ass" it's looked on as really mild language.

I think if the player base for this server was 3 year olds then changing this would be fair enough but saying "ass" is everywhere anyway these day, especially in films.

A lot of PG movies say "ass". If you look at the age rating for minecraft it is 7+ which is along the same lines as the PG movie rating so if you go by ratings and what kids are "allowed" to see and hear then at this age they are old enough to be around it.

At the end of the day though it's down to the parents preference with what kind of language they allowed their kids around, age ratings can say anything but if the parent sees something they would rather not have their kids around then it's up to them to keep them away from it.

Also this is on the stats page which in my opinion is one of the most pointless pages in the entire forum and if a kid that age was going out of their way to look for that page I would be very surprised.
You said that a lot...
images copy.jpeg

Reactions: Jaistrix

ChillyTree

Mar 15, 2017
I really do not see anyone that is 9 or under here. Most people that are active here are 11+. Besides ass = butt. I don't think that it is nessessary to remove this. It's just a joke :P. Sorry but -1 on this one.

Members Online

Team online

Latest profile posts

Reesle wrote on SAASD's profile.
Hey pro! Long time no see, Hru? :D
Reesle wrote on itsmochhi's profile.
Thanks for everything! Hope you have a good life.
As per the removal of the design team CubeCraft will now remove the Moderation team due to them costing CubeCraft the same amount of extra money - nothing.
Reesle wrote on Tommy Boi's profile.
Congrats on 300 reaction score!!
Top Bottom