• Total voters

Quis

Forum Expert
Feb 4, 2020
The Netherlands
www.cubecraft.net
Pronouns
He/Him
Hi everyone! An other suggestion here. (I don’t want to spam tho).

I see a lot of people muted in calls (included myself) and I think it’s a good idea to add a No-Mic channel for a few Regional channels. This way don’t have to talk in the Regional channels.

This is also a good thing for the people that are just chatting in the Regional channels. I understand that it might be annoying that someone is talking to the people in call in a Regional channel.
These channels can be added to the Voice tab.

Here are the voice channels that should get a No-Mic text channel in my opinion:
- English 1
- English 2
- Nederlands 1
- Nederlands 2
- Español 1
- Other Language 1
- comm-Events (if needed)

English and Nederlands will get 2 channels because those are the most popular.

Let me know what you think!

Last edited:

Technosword

Forum Expert
Apr 21, 2020
US
I like this, it keeps the region channels less crowded and is a more ‘private’ way to talk to people. It’s a +1 from me!

Reactions: Quis

MrTommy

Dedicated Member
Jul 3, 2019
Legoworld
www.instagram.com
Pronouns
He/Him
A no-mic idea would be okay, but a no-mic channel for every language voice channel is way to much. There are 11 language voice channel, that would mean that there would be 11 new chat channels to moderate. Not only would this be too much like i said earlier, it also would look stupid. Imagine joining the discord server for the first time, and you see 11 no-mic channels.
I'd suggest just to keep it to 1 no-mic channel. Then everything is just simple and not too hard to moderate.

Reactions: Zathelas and Mqrre

Maaarijn

Forum Veteran
Mar 12, 2017
het land van kroketten, frikandellen
www.youtube.com
I see a lot of people muted in calls (included myself) and I think it’s a good idea to add a No-Mic channel for each language
Huh? So you want to make a channel where people don't talk. Why does that have to be dedicated to only one language? And why do you even want a voice channel to be quiet in? What is the goal of the voice channel then?

Pineapple

Forum Expert
Apr 27, 2020
the Pizza Parlor
I really like this idea but I have a couple things to say. :p

There are 11 language voice channel, that would mean that there would be 11 new chat channels to moderate.
I think that this could be instead of 11 new ones, just 5 would work. One for each main language, and the fifth going to other languages.
Huh? So you want to make a channel where people don't talk. Why does that have to be dedicated to only one language? And why do you even want a voice channel to be quiet in? What is the goal of the voice channel then?
He means a text channel not a voice channel.

In the voice channel:
Person 1
Person 2
Person 3 muted

In this case Person 3 since they are muted would talk in #eng-text-to-voice text channel to communicate with the other two. :)

Reactions: Maaarijn

Quis

Forum Expert
Feb 4, 2020
The Netherlands
www.cubecraft.net
Pronouns
He/Him
Like @PineappleMan said. I want to give the muted people in a voice call the opportunity to communicate with the other (talking) people in a voice channel. Some people aren’t able to talk. The No-Mic channel will be a text channel so they can talk to them without talking.

Last edited:

Quis

Forum Expert
Feb 4, 2020
The Netherlands
www.cubecraft.net
Pronouns
He/Him
A no-mic idea would be okay, but a no-mic channel for every language voice channel is way to much. There are 11 language voice channel, that would mean that there would be 11 new chat channels to moderate. Not only would this be too much like i said earlier, it also would look stupid. Imagine joining the discord server for the first time, and you see 11 no-mic channels.
I'd suggest just to keep it to 1 no-mic channel. Then everything is just simple and not too hard to moderate.
I don’t think 1 No-Mic channel is enough. It will be confusing. Imagine that there are 3 calls active and each of that call has up to 3 muted people that are talking in the No-Mic text channel. It will be a mess. So I think it is a good idea to give every voice channel their own No-Mic text channel, so they can talk more clear and without spamming from other calls.

Maaarijn

Forum Veteran
Mar 12, 2017
het land van kroketten, frikandellen
www.youtube.com
He means a text channel not a voice channel.
Oooh, I misunderstood it.

In that case it might be a good idea, but why can't you just chat in #english for instance? Yes, probably other people will be chatting there as well so this will be messy. But if you make a voice-text channel people in another call might be using it too so that could also be messy.
This means you would need to have multiple voice-text channels, or give every voice channel its own text channel like @Quis said. This will be too much I think.

Zathelas

Forum Veteran
Jul 14, 2018
A Skywars Island
I don't really see the reason why... You also can leave the call and is it a problem if you are muted in a channel? I never heard of someone who's chatting and getting annoyed by talking. Correct me if I'm wrong.

Quis

Forum Expert
Feb 4, 2020
The Netherlands
www.cubecraft.net
Pronouns
He/Him
I don't really see the reason why... You also can leave the call and is it a problem if you are muted in a channel? I never heard of someone who's chatting and getting annoyed by talking. Correct me if I'm wrong.
I understand you. It doesn’t happen that much but I can understand that it might be annoying when it happens. Sometimes muted people are just listening and not chatting, but I think they don’t talk in chat because they don’t really have a channel to talk in (they have, but it is not made for people in call).

Lozora

Forum Expert
Jul 6, 2016
The Netherlands

No one said it is a problem to be muted in a call, this thread is about adding a text-channel for the players who are in a voicecall but are not abled to speak. If they all started talking in #english for example because they got no other place than that to talk to the players who're in the voicecall it would get very but very messy in that text channel.

Adding this would prevent #english of getting messy since #english is a channel where people do have normal conversations too, it would be very annoying if the players in the voicecall start ruining their conversation(s).

Last edited:
Reactions: Quis

LordSidi0us

Forum Expert
Mar 1, 2019
Coruscant
I don't really get the meaning of your idea.
There already is a channel for muted people and it's called the AFK channel.
What's the point of participating in a language channel, when you aren't going to speak in it?
I just can't understand to what benefits this will lead.

Quis

Forum Expert
Feb 4, 2020
The Netherlands
www.cubecraft.net
Pronouns
He/Him
I don't really get the meaning of your idea.
There already is a channel for muted people and it's called the AFK channel.
What's the point of participating in a language channel, when you aren't going to speak in it?
I just can't understand to what benefits this will lead.
The afk channel is for people that are “away from keys”. This means they are not present. They No-Mic channel is for people that are not able to talk. Those people are not afk.

LordSidi0us

Forum Expert
Mar 1, 2019
Coruscant
The afk channel is for people that are “away from keys”. This means they are not present. They No-Mic channel is for people that are not able to talk. Those people are not afk.
True, they might be there, but they still don't talk, which means, that their place in the channel could be taken by a person that wants to use it properly.
Still, I disagree.

Quis

Forum Expert
Feb 4, 2020
The Netherlands
www.cubecraft.net
Pronouns
He/Him
their place in the channel could be taken by a person that wants to use it properly.
I disagree with this. It is also a good thing for moderation. I sometimes see ducky (just an example) in call moderating and he does not talk, but he does chat in #nederlands or #English. It isn’t really a problem or something but it would be nice to have a channel to talk then you can’t talk in call.

Members Online

Team online

Latest profile posts

TheOrderOfSapphire wrote on Cultvres's profile.
Happy Birthday!:D
GiGaGekkies wrote on Cultvres's profile.
Happy Birthday
Saw this comment on YT the other day 🤣
IMG_5254.jpeg
Here's the scoreboard I made for BedWars Duos! (Team colors I used may not be used in the actual game)
1713525398483.png
Reesle wrote on Cultvres's profile.
Happy Birthday! 🎉
Top Bottom