Minecraft PC IP: play.cubecraft.net
Status
Not open for further replies.

InsaneOrbitzz

Nov 18, 2019
I would like to see a /nick available for YouTubers who play on Bedrock Edition, just like it is accessible for those who play on Java.

Or at least when I change my rank from the YouTuber rank it not to show "YouTube" still when people do /who

When applying for content creator this is listed under the benefits along with the description:
"For those times when you want to be extra stealthy use /nick to change your name across the network."

In this description it does not state that this is only limited to Java edition, then implying I should also have access on Bedrock Edition

I hope it gets added one day as it is implemented as a feature on other Bedrock Edition servers (Examples: Hive and Hyperlands)

wxzzrd

Dedicated Member
May 30, 2020
I think this should happen because as relatednoobs already said, youtubers are getting targeted very often. I am not one of those people who targets youtubers but a lot of people do and there are not many youtubers on cubecraft bedrock so it makes it even more that they are singled out.

InsaneOrbitzz

Nov 18, 2019
I think this should happen because as relatednoobs already said, youtubers are getting targeted very often. I am not one of those people who targets youtubers but a lot of people do and there are not many youtubers on cubecraft bedrock so it makes it even more that they are singled out.
Yeah exactly, the amount of Bedrock players who have YouTube rank and consistently play is very slim therefore making it very easy for them to be singled out.
Its more the game hoping to target me than the targetting itself that is bugging me

Reactions: wxzzrd

ProfParzival

May 6, 2019
London, UK
www.youtube.com
I agree YT'ers (those with the actual rank) should be able to go incognito.

I think the argument that it can be abused is fairly weak. Anyone can change their IGN to something inappropriate, I certainly saw one yesterday that shouldn't have been allowed. Also, it would be rather trivial I would have thought for cube to just write to a log for names that YT'ers choose so that they can be searched later on if anyone did anything untoward and you couldn't find the IGN of the person with that name.

InsaneOrbitzz

Nov 18, 2019
I'm genuinely surprised that cube overlooked or ignored this feature on Bedrock, I've not personally seen the extreme targeting Content Creators would get, but I can barely imagine how bad it is.
Yeah it's not fun at all. Its more portrayed by "Team Termite" they show it more than I do, but considering it's actually promised when I get the rank but I haven't received it is annoying.

InsaneOrbitzz

Nov 18, 2019
I agree YT'ers (those with the actual rank) should be able to go incognito.

I think the argument that it can be abused is fairly weak. Anyone can change their IGN to something inappropriate, I certainly saw one yesterday that shouldn't have been allowed. Also, it would be rather trivial I would have thought for cube to just write to a log for names that YT'ers choose so that they can be searched later on if anyone did anything untoward and you couldn't find the IGN of the person with that name.
See the argument about it being "inappropriately used" is more for the average player which I agree. Although some of them may deserve /nick its more about myself being promised the ability when I received the rank, and the fact I haven't received it.

Also being a YouTuber I wouldn't risk loosing the rank by being silly with the /nick.

Also since Bedrock has less "YouTube Ranks" its very easy to single out those who do.

InsaneOrbitzz

Nov 18, 2019

Hazard

Forum Extraordinaire
May 5, 2020
Liverpool, Merseyside
I would like to see a /nick available for YouTubers who play on Bedrock Edition, just like it is accessible for those who play on Java.

Or at least when I change my rank from the YouTuber rank it not to show "YouTube" still when people do /who

When applying for content creator this is listed under the benefits along with the description:
"For those times when you want to be extra stealthy use /nick to change your name across the network."

In this description it does not state that this is only limited to Java edition, then implying I should also have access on Bedrock Edition

I hope it gets added one day as it is implemented as a feature on other Bedrock Edition servers (Examples: Hive and Hyperlands)
Hello,

Thanks for voicing your concerns about the nickname command. We are constantly working on ways to improve our Partner and Player experiences throughout the network, however when it comes to the nickname command on Bedrock Edition, this is a rather hard thing to implement. Because we are an officially partnered network with Microsoft, we have slightly different guidelines and rules that we must follow compared to other servers.

The current way we handle nicknames on Java Edition uses lot of different mechanics compared to what is available on Bedrock Edition. For us to create a nickname system for Bedrock Edition, it will require the command to be rewritten for our Bedrock network which will take quite a lot of time since our development team is working on many different projects, however it is something that we are already planning to implementing in the future for our Bedrock Edition partners.

I have escalated this thread to ensure it gets passed along to our development team, to see if there is a chance we can implement this sooner.

Thanks!

Last edited:

InsaneOrbitzz

Nov 18, 2019
This is a big W from you Hazard thank you!

Also as for re writing the code, I understand this is a long task especially since there are several other projects being worked on.

However when I became a partner, this was one of the perks I was promised and I haven't received.

If it doesn't end up being implemented can you please change the /nick perk on the partner site to "JAVA Only" so its not misleading for other Bedrock players like it was for myself.

InfiusKing

Mar 8, 2020
I fully agree to this, I've always seen people target youtubers even when they aren't recording or streaming. When they just wanna play the game like everyone else. Nick should be available for YouTubers and Streamers. Hope the Devs are working on this.

D

Deleted member 469419

I'm genuinely surprised that cube overlooked or ignored this feature on Bedrock, I've not personally seen the extreme targeting Content Creators would get, but I can barely imagine how bad it is.
Basically this ^

I actually thought that cubecraft already counted off with this feature for content creators on bedrock platform, which would make easier to those youtubers who are constantly being targeted/focused or for all those who just want to get unnoticed.

This mean that I agree with you, nice suggestion. You'll get the implemented tag soon, you'll see!

Reactions: InsaneOrbitzz
Status
Not open for further replies.
Members Online

Team online

Latest profile posts

C95689C6-C73E-40B4-9CD7-76C479A7E2D5.png

Here’s my son, I made him in biology today! Say hi to Jimothy!
UncleSpect wrote on Egg🥚's profile.
Happy birthday! 🎈
Desiderata wrote on savina875's profile.
thabks 4 folow
UncleSpect wrote on Casualpoalrbear's profile.
hoiii cas bearr
UncleSpect wrote on Gokhan_'s profile.
thank you for the follow! 🎈
Top Bottom