Minecraft PC IP: play.cubecraft.net

Would it be nice?.

• Total voters

UBRE

May 30, 2020
Mexico.
I think that "/nick" would be a cool feature that VIPs 5 will have, it doesn't really give any advantage, and it can be kind of fun, and a reason to get to that level, other than the cosmetics.

Also, as I haven't paid for VIP stuff, IDK how expensive or difficult it is to get to VIP lvl 5, if it is too easy, maybe it can have its own part in the store, separated, like egg skins and such.

Comment suggestions you may have!.

Deann

what's a bug 🍪
Team CubeCraft
🛠️ Sr. Moderator
Jul 2, 2017
the agency
/nick exists really for high ranking members of the community, like mods and content creators, to be able to play without being recognized and targeted. Imo it shouldn't ever be a paid option, and there really isn't a point to vip 5 players having it as they don't get targeted much anyway.

ShinyArrow

Forum Expert
Aug 31, 2019
The Netherlands
Pronouns
He/Him
/nick exists really for high ranking members of the community, like mods and content creators, to be able to play without being recognized and targeted. Imo it shouldn't ever be a paid option, and there really isn't a point to vip 5 players having it as they don't get targeted much anyway.
I agree with this^

Another reason why I disagree with this suggestion is because it would make it much harder for the Moderation team to handle reports with nicked players, since nicked rulebreakers will get reported with another username. -1

UBRE

May 30, 2020
Mexico.
Understand the point you people are making, @ShinyArrow I think that pay to level 5 to get /nick and then expose yourself to be banned, is absurd, but I mean, there's people like that, sadly.

@Deann If it is to avoid targeting, then even top leaderboard players should have it lol, I have myself be targeted by people just because of my leaderboard spot.

Although, this suggestion (giving it to lb players) was already denied, and, as you people comment, it should be a rare option to high rank (but in other ways) members in the community.

Thanks for sharing your opinions!.

Vrachtschip

May 3, 2020
The Netherlands
Hi there!

I agree with @Deann and @ShinyArrow and think they shouldnt add this.
The moderation would be a problem, but it wont work well for leaderboard as well. If people use /nick, Cubecraft has to choose the name for the leaderboard.
/nick should only prevent targeting for YouTubers or staffmembers who arent moderating that specific game.

Kind regards,
Vrachtschip // Jeffrey

Deann

what's a bug 🍪
Team CubeCraft
🛠️ Sr. Moderator
Jul 2, 2017
the agency
@Deann If it is to avoid targeting, then even top leaderboard players should have it lol, I have myself be targeted by people just because of my leaderboard spot.
I get targeted all the time too on Java because of my name and rank, but for staff/content creators it's to the point where it can ruin the whole experience because it happens every single game. Lb players just aren't well known enough to have that kind of thing happen.

Also worth mentioning that the /nick system isn't custom nicks, so it wouldn't really be fun to use either

Reactions: UBRE and Colleeee

Vrachtschip

May 3, 2020
The Netherlands
I get targeted all the time too on Java because of my name and rank, but for staff/content creators it's to the point where it can ruin the whole experience because it happens every single game. Lb players just aren't well known enough to have that kind of thing happen.

Also worth mentioning that the /nick system isn't custom nicks, so it wouldn't really be fun to use either
Totally agree with you.
I want to add something as well: most leaderboard players are high skilled so they can handle the targeters.

D

Deleted member 486292

why shouldnt it be an option? your response does not explain why.

Deann

what's a bug 🍪
Team CubeCraft
🛠️ Sr. Moderator
Jul 2, 2017
the agency
like what
If you read the thread that question's already been answered
it would make it much harder for the Moderation team to handle reports with nicked players, since nicked rulebreakers will get reported with another username.
the /nick system isn't custom nicks, so it wouldn't really be fun to use either
could cause too many issues as trying to punish nicked players would be too much of a pain. Also too many people have VIP level 5 imo and aren’t really targeted.

D

Deleted member 486292

If you read the thread that question's already been answered
you didnt specify that reason in your comment so I hadno way of knowing if that was your logic also

kristiankunc

Dedicated Member
Oct 4, 2016
kristn.co.uk
Pronouns
He/Him
In my opinion, the only issue is that there would be like a much more nicked players.
And is it really needed? Do you feel like people are getting recognized and targeted?
I don't think that happens often, but if you know any people that have this issue, then fair enough but I still think these issues are pretty rare.

Members Online

Team online

Latest profile posts

Kiyaan gaming world on YouTube
This might be one of the weirdest excuses I have seen after killing someone.

2024-03-28_23.34.25.png
This is YOUR daily dose of facts #20-
More tornadoes occur in the United Kingdom per square mile than in any other country in the world.
TheOrderOfSapphire wrote on Capitan's profile.
Congratulations on hitting over 4 000 in Reaction Score! 💙
Top Bottom