Minecraft PC IP: play.cubecraft.net

LordSidi0us

Forum Expert
Mar 1, 2019
Coruscant
I'll have to disagree.
Being on a leaderboard is some kind of a achievment and it may make you a target for a larger group of players if you are on a higher position, however this feature will be too overpowered if it has to be given to absolutely every leaderboard player.
If the leaderboards were based on the top five players like they used to be,then this wouldn't be a bad idea, however I don't think that it's fair to give normal players such features.
It wouldn't be fair for the content creators, plus you don't need all that much wins to get on a certain leaderboard anymore.

Modulo

Dec 30, 2019
As a fellow blockwars leaderboard player, I have not run into this issue playing blockwars. Targeting one person out of 5 opponents, especially when they can respawn, is not a strategy that is intuitive - or even beneficial - to your opponents. I doubt there is targeting going on in this case, but I see your point. I am also on the leaderboard for a solo game, and I have not run into ridiculous amounts of targeting there. The instances that I could consider as targeting are relatively scarce, and even then, not particularly effective.

Reactions: i81g and Dream1215

Vrachtschip

May 3, 2020
The Netherlands
Hi there.

Why do I have the feeling this is a small flex?
I never look at the leaderboard, and I think only the people who are trying to come in the leaderboard are looking at it.
When I'm playing with my friend we are playing Skywars and Eggwars with both a Teletubbie skin. We are getting focussed too so I think it hasnt something to do with the leaderboard in your case.
Just be smarter that the opponents and win the game.

Kind regards,
Jeffrey

Reactions: i81g
D

Deleted member 421664

No, the command especially for Youtubers and Staff, I think people don't need to use because that isn't important, thanks!

YahirplaysMC123

Novice Member
Jul 20, 2019
Haines City FL
There should be a /nick option for leaderboard players because as a leaderboard player for blockwars I get targeted a bunch. So if there were a /nick it would decrease the targeting of leaderboard players.
This seems unnecesary. Because im pretty sure most normal people wont look at the leaderboard and target a specific person.
I think what you are referring to is either that you are really high on the leaderboard, so most people know of you, therefor kill the strongest guy. Or its just paranoia.

If this does actually happen /nick is still to op for just a leaderboard player, thats more for yt and staff. Cause a yt and staff rank pop out more than just being on a menu.

amikyu

Jul 11, 2020
The Netherlands :)
I don’t see why it would be necessary because getting on a leaderboard is some sort of ’achievement’ to a lot of people so, I don’t get why you would try to hide it? I’m also on a featured game leaderboard and i’ve never experienced any kind of focus from other players. :)

byelol

Novice Member
Oct 24, 2019
the void
tbh this seems unnecessary, I have played with a majority of the top 10 of ew to2 lb(as of today). There has never been a targeting problem only with lb friends that have youtube channels. I think you should also factor in the player base as well as the player's skill. If they are on the lb then they can handle themselves and players that target are usually bad man. IMO I enjoy getting targeted it makes me try harder and it is way more fun than getting in a lobby and you can finish a game with ease.

(p.s. im trying not to make this sound like a flex bc its not, just my experiences, that's all)

Reactions: YahirplaysMC123

Lecura

Dedicated Member
May 27, 2016
Pronouns
They/Them
I have to disagree, it is unnecessary.. I agree with the person above me that only players with youtube channels (or staff) are getting the most targeting problems.

Reactions: i81g and byelol

DarkStray

Dedicated Member
Sep 17, 2019
United States
youtube.com
There should be a /nick option for leaderboard players because as a leaderboard player for blockwars I get targeted a bunch. So if there were a /nick it would decrease the targeting of leaderboard players.
Im 7th on EggWars duos, i do get targeted, i will admit, but its only while im streaming, never normal games, always on stream, ive been on leaderboards for 2 months maybe thats why?but i have nearly 3000 wins, and even when i stream most the stream snipers don’t target me

Gemmmmie

Forum Veteran
Dec 31, 2017
The Butterfly Gardens
I would have to say I disagree with this. Mainly because it's an achievement to be on the leaderboard, the only downside to it is that people automatically know you must be fantastic at the game. Therefore, target you. It's something that comes with being on the leaderboard. I don't think anyone gets targeted that bad though.

Kylo2532

Jun 11, 2020
It's not that hard to get on the leaderboards, and if you are on the leaderboards, then you should be able to stay there

vasui

Novice Member
May 25, 2020
Sweden
It's very easy to get on the leaderboard (no offense for those who are there)

I don't feel like it's neccesary to give more than 200 people nick cause they've gotten like 800 wins.

Gonna have to say no on this one.

MeliodasWrath

Aug 27, 2019
the UK *sips tea*
I disagree. Part of being on the leaderboards is the glory and fame that comes with it, and with that naturally comes targetters. This is something you will have to put up with, however unless you are in the top 5 at most you will likely not be known. Giving everyone nick will be a perk for being a good player, which is biased in favour of those better.

kochido

Apr 8, 2020
maybe it should be baised on more targeted ruin gamemodes like skywars or egg wars line dash games and stuff arent really that bad since they take under a minute

Members Online

Members online

Latest profile posts

Basketman wrote on Eli's profile.
Favourite how to tame a dragon movie, shoot.
Reesle wrote on ii6xxq's profile.
Welcome to the Official Cubecraft Forums!! Hope you enjoy your stay :)
Reesle wrote on Lucaatjee's profile.
Happy Birthday! 🎈
Matriox wrote on Kloska's profile.
day x
99th_DutchScary wrote on UncleSpect's profile.
Thanks for the follow! 💖
Top Bottom