Minecraft PC IP: play.cubecraft.net
Status
Not open for further replies.

NINJAT0M789

May 16, 2020
OK, so as we all know cube craft is currently really struggling with hackers (as they've admitted). They have openly said that they have hired a new team of staff and are focusing on the issue. Now i'm stuck wandering WHY HAVE THEY COMPLETELY REVAMPED THE WEBSITE. I feel this is very low on their list of problems. I honestly think i am done with cube craft.
A few weeks ago i submitted a staff application. I got told 1. I have not been active enough and 2. I have behaved unacceptably on the network. The first problem i had with this is that I had been super active and the staff member hadn't posted or commented in 2 weeks. The second thing is that What I had done wrong was STAFF ONLY INFORMATION. I politely asked what i had done wrong so i could improve and i got that. It was clearly a copy and pasted response and they could not back it up. I have since changed my mind and slowly turned away from cube craft as I Know there are better servers with better staff. I am signing of of cubecraft for now. It was Good OK while it lasted. I might return one day and I might not.

Edit---> Im not trying to spread any hate or negativity in this post. Just expressing that im upset with the staff service. I understand the forums activity part now as Members in the comments have explained it well. If only i got the same type of response when i messaged the staff member. as of 11pm 02/06 Im signing out of cube craft and turning of my notifications. Will still log on and play occasionally as it is an OK network. Feel free to comment on this post but dont expect a reply from me, Bye...

Last edited:
  • Sad
Reactions: wxzzrd

ItzEnd3r

Forum Expert
Aug 18, 2019
Boulder
www.cubecraft.net
well just looking at your stats you have not been very active, only 1 staff member has ever been accepted with less messages then you on forums and that was because they were a very active reporter (I obv dont know how many reports you have made but it was not enough to make up for your lack of forum activity). and if you did something wrong then they are allowed to deny you for that. you are not giving the staff team credit for what they have done and just looking at how you were denied. Also! this website has been under development for a long time and just because they released it your are mad because the anticheat still needs work, thats not fair either because the new website allows a lot of new and requested functionallity that was impossible before.

DrHam

Forum Veteran
Sep 15, 2015
Kepler-452b
They have openly said that they have hired a new team of staff and are focusing on the issue. Now i'm stuck wandering WHY HAVE THEY COMPLETELY REVAMPED THE WEBSITE. I feel this is very low on their list of problems. I honestly think i am done with cube craft.
The people who designed the website aren’t the same people working on the anticheat, nor the same guys working on the games. Different teams, different skills, different everything. The old forums were using xenForo 1, whose latest patch was released a year ago. xenForo 2 includes many new features (push notifications, REST api, emojis...) and itself alone is a pretty good reason to update. The design was update in 2016 and it was already getting old imo.
have not been active enough and
You joined the forums 3 weeks ago, you need to get know a little before applying.
staff member hadn't posted or commented in 2 weeks.
They have other, non forum related, duties. They might’ve handled hundreds of reports during that time.

have since changed my mind and slowly turned away from cube craft as I Know there are better servers with better staff. I am signing of of cubecraft for now. It was Good OK while it lasted. I might return one day and I might not. Goodbyeeee...
If you were here only to become staff, you were doing it wrong.

NINJAT0M789

May 16, 2020
The people who designed the website aren’t the same people working on the anticheat, nor the same guys working on the games. Different teams, different skills, different everything. The old forums were using xenForo 1, whose latest patch was released a year ago. xenForo 2 includes many new features (push notifications, REST api, emojis...) and itself alone is a pretty good reason to update. The design was update in 2016 and it was already getting old imo.

You joined the forums 3 weeks ago, you need to get know a little before applying.

They have other, non forum related, duties. They might’ve handled hundreds of reports during that time.

If you were here only to become staff, you were doing it wrong.
I understand where your coming from but
First of all, Im not here to become staff. I have hours and hours of in game playtime. Im not here just to become staff.
Second of all if they wanted me to get to know the forums more they simply could have said that in the rejection comment. Instead I got a copy and pasted Repose that they couldn't backup>

Siftenly

Forum Expert
Nov 30, 2016
The Netherlands
OK, so as we all know cube craft is currently really struggling with hackers (as they've admitted). They have openly said that they have hired a new team of staff and are focusing on the issue. Now i'm stuck wandering WHY HAVE THEY COMPLETELY REVAMPED THE WEBSITE. I feel this is very low on their list of problems. I honestly think i am done with cube craft.
The fact that we hired a new anti-cheat development team doesn't mean that we can't have another team (or an extern company) working on our new website/forums.

The second thing is that What I had done wrong was STAFF ONLY INFORMATION. I politely asked what i had done wrong so i could improve and i got that. It was clearly a copy and pasted response and they could not back it up.
Some of the reasons for denial ar indeed staff confidential information and can not be shared with the community. The "unacceptable behaviour" reason is most likely because of toxicity (because you can not be toxic as a staff member), swearing, other inappropriate chat behaviours or other behaviours that are against our rules. I'm pretty sure that almost all staff members you could ask, would've given you that answer, so we surely can back up our messages. Imagine that the recruiters would've had to type a special message for every applicant, that would take a lot of time that could also be used for checking other applications. In order to become a staff member, we need you to be active on all our platforms: In-Game, Discord and Forums. Since you're not registered to the forums for that long and only got 59 messages, it's completely understandable that they would tell you to be more active.

➡ - I'm also going to move this thread to another section, since complaining about the denial of your helper application has nothing to do with feedback on our new forums.

NINJAT0M789

May 16, 2020
The fact that we hired a new anti-cheat development team doesn't mean that we can't have another team (or an extern company) working on our new website/forums.

Some of the reasons for denial ar indeed staff confidential information and can not be shared with the community. The "unacceptable behaviour" reason is most likely because of toxicity (because you can not be toxic as a staff member), swearing, other inappropriate chat behaviours or other behaviours that are against our rules. I'm pretty sure that almost all staff members you could ask, would've given you that answer, so we surely can back up our messages. Imagine that the recruiters would've had to type a special message for every applicant, that would take a lot of time that could also be used for checking other applications. In order to become a staff member, we need you to be active on all our platforms: In-Game, Discord and Forums. Since you're not registered to the forums for that long and only got 59 messages, it's completely understandable that they would tell you to be more active.

➡ - I'm also going to move this thread to another section, since complaining about the denial of your helper application has nothing to do with feedback on our new forums.
This is like a teacher bringing you to the principal office for bad behavior but not telling you what you did???

Calichin

Dedicated Member
Aug 20, 2019
Americaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa
A few weeks ago i submitted a staff application. I got told 1. I have not been active enough and 2. I have behaved unacceptably on the network. The first problem i had with this is that I had been super active
So as many people said you have not had the most experience on the forums, only one staff member has been accepted with less posts than you as @ItzEnd3r mentioned.

I took a quick peak at your account.
Within your first week of joining you posted 57 out of your 61 messages you have on your account. Another one came May 25th and the rest are in this thread, it seems to me you applied for staff. Interacted a ton to try and boost your forum accounts credibility, then called it good. You must understand they want someone who is dedicated to the community. Your activity hinted more towards that you just interacted with the community because you want staff, rather than interacting consistently week in and week out because you genuinely care about the community.

Now for the other reason you stated, I can not help you with that but I am sure that the staff do have information they can not disclose. Yes it may not be the best not being able to know what your unacceptable behavior was, but you must respect the staffs decision and take the feedback and improve and then try again. The behavior you are portraying now in this thread backs up the reasoning for them not allowing you to join the staff team currently.

Last edited:

TheSweetSuitMan

May 31, 2017
Roosendaal, Noord-Brabant, Netherlands
So as many people said you have not had the most experience on the forums, only one staff member has been accepted with less posts than you as @ItzEnd3r mentioned.

I took a quick peak at your account.
Within your first week of joining you posted 57 out of your 61 messages you have on your account. Another one came May 25th and the rest are in this thread, it seems to me you applied for staff. Interacted a ton to try and boost your forum accounts credibility, then called it good. You must understand they want someone who is dedicated to the community. Your activity hinted more towards that you just interacted with the community because you want staff, rather than interacting consistently week in and week out because you genuinely care about the community.

Now for the other reason you stated, I can not help you with that but I am sure that the staff do have information they can not disclose. Yes it may not be the best not being able to know what your unacceptable behavior was, but you must respect the staffs decision and take the feedback and improve and then try again. The behavior you are portraying now in this thread backs up the reasoning for them not allowing you to join the staff team currently.
This. See it from the other side. You have a relatively new account, not that many messages and I just went through them for completion sake and noticed they weren't that helpful or meaningful. Not saying that all your messages should be an essay, but if I (pretending to be a staff member) would have to decide if you should become a staff member, I would see a reasonably new account, with very little messages that aren't anything special (to be clear I don't think my messages are anything special either, but I'm not applying for staff) that is 14 years old (age doesn't have to mean you can't be a staff member, but it certainly doesn't help your case) and especially considering this post, just seems to want to become a staff member and is boosting your credibility.

If you really want to become a staff member, consider staying here for a year or two, have over a thousand messages, report a bunch and double the playtime you have now on the server. Maybe then you have decent chance.

Reactions: Meiske

Meiske

Designer
Team CubeCraft
🎨 Designer
Aug 27, 2017
The Netherlands
www.planetminecraft.com
Hey, staff don't have all of the time in the world, they will be busy answering questions, dealing with issues, responding to reports and everything else staff does on a daily basis, you have to respect that, I understand that it can be very stressful waiting for a response but you should learn to be a bit more patient, I do not think staff would want to have someone impatient become part of their team. They are committed to CubeCraft, they will not always have time to go through your application to determine whether you are fit for the position and on top of that there are probably a bunch of others who have already applied. They have also stated quite a few times before that there is no estimated time for an application to be reviewed, but AT LEAST within a month. As someone who has applied for staff once before, I understand that you would be enthusiastic about this and be wanting to apply as soon as possible, but if you were really wanting to become part of the CubeCraft staff team because you genuinely enjoy being part of the community, you would be willing to learn from your mistakes and do better, there is ALWAYS room for improvement. As CubeCraft staff have mentioned before, they are looking for applicants who are excited and committed to the server not someone who decides to quit everything completely because they received an unsuccessful application, you have to realize that not everything will always go the way you want it to. You have not been that active, and whoever had responded to your application had clearly explained that to you. If unacceptable behavior is something you have to work on, then do that, there is a young audience here on CubeCraft and if you want to do well you have to be willing to learn and work on improving. If something is confidential information, you have to accept that, CubeCraft has their own terms and conditions.

Also, I understand you have feedback on the new forums, everyone does since it is a pretty big difference, but the new staff they hired were recruited to help improve Sentinel and with that, lower the amount of hackers on the server, their work is not mainly on the forums. CubeCraft has their own plans, that I'm assuming, is discussed with the whole staff team, if the way they end up doing things is not to your liking, you can always give feedback and suggestions but if they are not going to change things you do not like, you just have to deal with that.

Last edited:

funkemunky

Aug 11, 2018
Murica
OK, so as we all know cube craft is currently really struggling with hackers (as they've admitted). They have openly said that they have hired a new team of staff and are focusing on the issue. Now i'm stuck wandering WHY HAVE THEY COMPLETELY REVAMPED THE WEBSITE. I feel this is very low on their list of problems.

Oh Sentinel is very high on our priority. There are 3 developers, including me, that were hired solely to work on Sentinel. And referring to the post Zed made, the main theme is that it's hard to make an anti-cheat quickly on CubeCraft. Developing checks is the fastest part of the process. The slowest part of the process is testing them, which can last 1-4 weeks at best.

𝖜𝓲𝓲ʞєŋɖ

Novice Member
Jan 16, 2020
Netherlands
A few weeks ago i submitted a staff application. I got told 1. I have not been active enough and 2. I have behaved unacceptably on the network. The first problem i had with this is that I had been super active and the staff member hadn't posted or commented in 2 weeks. The second thing is that What I had done wrong was STAFF ONLY INFORMATION. I politely asked what i had done wrong so i could improve and i got that. It was clearly a copy and pasted response and they could not back it up. I have since changed my mind and slowly turned away from cube craft as I Know there are better servers with better staff. I am signing of of cubecraft for now. It was Good OK while it lasted. I might return one day and I might not.

Edit---> Im not trying to spread any hate or negativity in this post. Just expressing that im upset with the staff service. I understand the forums activity part now as Members in the comments have explained it well. If only i got the same type of response when i messaged the staff member. as of 11pm 02/06 Im signing out of cube craft and turning of my notifications. Will still log on and play occasionally as it is an OK network. Feel free to comment on this post but dont expect a reply from me, Bye...
I dont see why they cant update the website. There are devs who work on ac, but those devs work on just ac, and not on minigames or the website. And u cant just say we throw all the devs on ac, because the minigames, and the website, sometimes need a revamp and an upgrade.

Reactions: funkemunky

Fesa

Quality Assurance
Team CubeCraft
🧪 Quality Assurance
💌 Customer Support
Oct 17, 2016
Yoitsu
Pronouns
She/Her
Status
Not open for further replies.
Members Online

Team online

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Basketman wrote on Eli's profile.
Favourite how to tame a dragon movie, shoot.
Reesle wrote on ii6xxq's profile.
Welcome to the Official Cubecraft Forums!! Hope you enjoy your stay :)
Reesle wrote on Lucaatjee's profile.
Happy Birthday! 🎈
Matriox wrote on Kloska's profile.
day x
99th_DutchScary wrote on UncleSpect's profile.
Thanks for the follow! 💖
Top Bottom