Minecraft PC IP: play.cubecraft.net

What voting options would you like to see?

• Total voters

Efcluke94

👀
Team CubeCraft
💙 Admin Team
🎨 Designer
Oct 20, 2013
Hello!

Due to so many different conflicting discussion/opinions going to make a bunch of threads in relation to some of the poll suggestions proposed from this thread: https://www.cubecraft.net/threads/the-next-skywars-update.191642/ This will mean we get more direct information on each suggestion.

Voting options
We've currently got chest voting and voting for time of day. These options have been in this game for over 2 years, and frankly it would be really nice to add more fun voting options to it, especially since so many of you want them. So feel free to suggest some ideas, based off the previous thread I'll add a few ideas down and some more!

Discuss what you'd love to see and keep on topic, make sure to vote!

Ducky

Forum Professional
Dec 31, 2015
The Netherlands
I'd really like to see a chest refill as a vote option as I really don't like the other poll options. But, what we also can do is making a big board for Skywars and adding the chest refill as a voting option in Skywars.

EDIT > @ItsDavey_'s voting suggestion for the weather isn't bad at all. I only like the snowy weather voting option though.

ItsDavey_

Forum Expert
Nov 23, 2014
the Netherlands
I don't really want to add more voting options, because, mobs can be very annoying, (zombies etc) they can shoot/hit/blew you off your island.

I don't want a refill option because it can give players an unfair advantage If there are campers.

No because If Everyone has an glowing effect, can reduce for Some 5zig users a black screen, and Then they can't play anymore.

Explosive bows isn't really needed in skywars. I like it in duels and Lucky islands, But I don't think having an explosive bow added to skywars

But My idea for an voting option

Having a weather. Not rain, because That can be annoying and produce lagg,

But having a time where random thunder spawns,

or a meteory is gonna fall randomly down,

Or have an windy gameplay, so If you shoot an arrow or throw snowballs/eggs it can go the other way.

RPoule

Dedicated Member
Jan 13, 2016
Netherlands
I think that chest refilling will cause people to camp on their island more often and take less risks for better gear. I don't think it'll be healthy for the game.

Mobs on centre islands will decrease the ammount of A. going to mid and B. staying on mid. Which are both bad. On quite a few maps players rarely go to the centre island, which, according to me, is an endgame thing where the last couple of players slowly go towards to get better gear and fight with the other ''survivors''. Mobs on mid will only make less and less players go to mid or stay there which kinda defeats the purpose of mid right?

I like the glowing effect option, it'll make for faster games because hiding will not be an option.

Lastly I love the option for more TNT. It'll make for a bigger variety of games played on SW because the strats and tactics will have to be different from the usual ones.

iLoveYouu

Forum Veteran
Oct 18, 2015
I think that chest refilling will cause people to camp on their island more often and take less risks for better gear. I don't think it'll be healthy for the game.
I don't want a refill option because it can give players an unfair advantage If there are campers.
I would assume that after the chest refill the items are better in the middle so players who don't camp on their island have more of an advantage, so you really have to get to the middle. If players are camping in the middle this can be annoying, but it's a voting option and it's after 5 minutes so the game could quite well end beforehand.
Having a weather. Not rain, because That can be annoying and produce lagg,

But having a time where random thunder spawns,
I like the idea of having more weather/time voting options, I like thunder and snowy. I also once suggested a time option where the time just cycles normally, but a bit sped up.

Gainfullterror

Forum Professional
Mar 24, 2016
Breakfast for Dinner Club HQ
www.cubecraft.net
Yes to chest refills, as it actually can give you a chance later in the game if you're outgeared. Make it so that you can't place empty chests though. (You probably already know about this though) Make it 10 minutes, and don't let it refill more than once.
The glowing effect could be useful, but sometimes completely ruin a possible strategy. I like to sneak in a hidden place for a few minutes to see if someone would come over without knowing I'm here, and this feature could end up ruining that. I'm more against it than supportive of it.

No to mobs, as they're not a part of Skywars. Mobs never have been. Aside from that, players could end up using the mob loot to render some kits useless.

TNT related voting options shouldn't exist either, as that's not what skywars is about. That mode could fit a game like Lucky Islands, but not Skywars.

MagnificentSpam

Forum Expert
Mar 16, 2016
I'm not a fan of the chest refilling. The reason I prefer skywars over eggwars is that is rewards confronting other players (in normal/basic at least), and camping your island is generally a bad strategy so you don't see it very often. I feel like refilling chests and giving players the option to gear up by simply waiting on their islands might take that from skywars.

Explosive bows and throwable TNT would be terrible, destroying bridges and making safe bridging impossible. That would actually ruin the game for me.

I somewhat like the glowing, but it should only be applied after a long time, maybe after no player has been killed for 5 minutes or only a certain amount of teams is left. Sometimes games last 30 minutes without players hiding. Also that might be a performance issue for some players, It never was for me but another server had to remove glowing because it got unplayable for some.

I'm not sure what the point of mobs spawning on middle islands would be. Would it be to distract mid campers so players can build to mid, @Efcluke94?

Reactions: diogo

Svenyboy17

Jul 16, 2017
Netherlands
www.twitch.tv
I personally do not think that voting for chest refill is a good idea. they have this on Hypixel and I think that it encourages players to camp on their island. This way rounds can take tremendous amounts of times and take a way all the action and building fun and excitement that is enforced now because you only get a certain amount of loot on your own island. I like the @ItsDavey_ weather idea much more though!

Reactions: MagnificentSpam

Gainfullterror

Forum Professional
Mar 24, 2016
Breakfast for Dinner Club HQ
www.cubecraft.net
When will the update come?
10- Do not make thread or post comments asking about given updates, features, projects and maintenance are released
Sorry, but asking for updates isn't allowed. This is most likely because we don't want to give the devs a deadline, resulting in the update being rushed and not as great as if it were given much more time.
All we can pretty much say is: SoonTM

Odieuse

May 14, 2016
Delft
Sorry, but asking for updates isn't allowed. This is most likely because we don't want to give the devs a deadline, resulting in the update being rushed and not as great as if it were given much more time.
All we can pretty much say is: SoonTM

sorry u dont have sea dat :D

BigBeast077

Jul 24, 2017
Switzerland
I'd like chest refilling because after a while, there's nothing else to collect unless killing other players. Furthermore, it'll push people to go to the middle of the map instead of camping.

Mar 18, 2017
Hi like chest refill maybe it could be when you kill someone though? And what ranks can vote for it I am emerald wold that be enough?

Members Online

Members online

Latest profile posts

TheOrderOfSapphire wrote on Xi1m's profile.
Heya my friend how are you doing today?:D
𝑷𝑹𝑶 𝑾𝑰𝑵𝑵𝑨𝑨𝑹 wrote on L1kii's profile.
👀
qKhalidd wrote on ignsinf's profile.
Hi
TheOrderOfSapphire wrote on ii6xxq's profile.
welcome to the forums! I hope you will have a nice stay here:D
This is YOUR daily dose of facts #41-
The moon has moonquakes, which are kind of like the earthquakes on the Earth, but weaker.
Top Bottom