Minecraft PC IP: play.cubecraft.net

Should my latest idea, Treasure Hunters, be added?

• Total voters

Boosi

Apr 29, 2017
This is a new gamemode/minigame that I have been thinking about for a long time. I have been playing a game called "King of Thieves" and it holds a lot of originality, and since a lot of games on Minecraft are based on things outside of .. well .. Minecraft, what better than to make a thief based game! My idea is about having 4 islands in one game (or more if you wish), each with a vault. Different map designs could be a literal bank, a jungle, a science lab or even a snowy biome island!

Anyway, it is a bit like EggWars and Skywars where the main and most overpowered loot is in the middle, except you don't need to buy or gather blocks to get there, instead there is a parkour course resembling the security you have to go through to rob a bank, meaning that the middle is a bank! It holds gold blocks, diamond blocks, and iron blocks which you steal before a player can kill you and take what you received from the middle!
If you get back to your island, you can either store it in your own mini bank, or buy gear and a sword (only these two things will be available in the shop as well as a pickaxe, which can be stone, or a more expensive iron pickaxe, or at least for now).
You can only buy 1 set of gear, which is full leather gear dyed black, along with an iron sword. If you are able to buy a pickaxe then you can be very sneaky, and go to someones bank without them seeing you, and slowly grab their robberies!
The first person to get 101 points wins! In the middle all the blocks added together will equal 101 points, so one person could easily take all of it and win easily, except for there is the competition from 3 other players to get it, making it more long based!
1 diamond block = 10 points, there are 5 of them in total, 1 iron block = 5 points, there are 5 in total, and a wooden block = 2 points, there are 13 in total. You need to get wooden blocks to buy a stone pickaxe, and iron blocks to get an iron pickaxe. Feel free to share more ideas, I'll be sure to add them if I believe they are good enough!

Someone requested the game to be more original and have some special features, so here we go. I have now realized that the concept isn't as original as planned, there is already a game similar to it. Therefore, I decided that you have to kill someone at least once, to get a "security pass" to be able to get to their base. It might be hard to code but there can be barriers that get destroyed if you kill the person's base that the barriers are protecting, but the other people are not able to get through, making it seem like you have stolen the password to get to their bank and steal what they have stored. This would be taking a risk as you would have to go to their base, and be careful of the fact they could have spare swords, kill you, then go to your base. I decided that there could be a chest option where you can store weapons and armour that no one can take from you, perhaps an enderchest.

To make it have more .. "special" features, the shop could even have a section full of base protection, like the person who enters get splashed with instant damage or temporarily getting nausea. I am aware of this feature in bed wars, so if you were to ever add this gamemode you should make all the special features different to what they currently have in bed wars. Feel free to give me more original or special ideas!

Thanks a lot to Elfdrummer12 who came up with the following:
"I was thinking that at the beginning of the game (Say in a lobby for example) You are able to choose between sec. guard and thief. Maybe only 8 can be guard and 6 can be thieves, I do not know. The guards can have knock back sticks for example or a wooden/stone axe. They could upgrade by gaining points. These can be earned by killing thieves or protecting the loot for a certain amount of time.
The guards can possibly roam the map looking for thieves. If it is a building in a city, the guards can be limited to the building only, while the thieves get full access to every area of the map. This means that the guards Must stay around the treasure."
I really appreciate it ;)

Last edited:

xArshiii

Novice Member
Mar 29, 2017
A Minecraft Server
I thought about it too, but maybe the BlackDead, I thought it's dark and you're in a forest you have to find coffins and try to kill other people

Boosi

Apr 29, 2017
I thought about it too, but maybe the BlackDead, I thought it's dark and you're in a forest you have to find coffins and try to kill other people
Good idea! If you want your idea to be known a bit more you should post it with more detail

Boosi

Apr 29, 2017
You know you already made a thread about this? [https://www.cubecraft.net/threads/n...ters-something-like-that.188588/#post-818316]

Anyways. Isn't this a sort of same concept as this game? I might be wrong. ¯\_(ツ)_/¯
I made a thread about this, but didn't realize you could add a poll to it, so decided to make a completely new one with the poll. Didn't know it was the same thing as that, oh well, it has some differences, and lots of servers copy each other for games anyway ;p

Boosi

Apr 29, 2017
If any of you don't agree with this, please reply to this comment saying why! It still needs improvement and I can only do it with your opinions!

Reactions: AbandonedUser

Boosi

Apr 29, 2017
I didn't know there were games like this until now, would there be any reasons why you don't like it that you can explain, and tell me what I could do to improve? Even if you don't like it there is always room to suggest improvement so that others could enjoy it.

StrikerDH

Jan 4, 2017
The Netherlands
I didn't know there were games like this until now, would there be any reasons why you don't like it that you can explain, and tell me what I could do to improve? Even if you don't like it there is always room to suggest improvement so that others could enjoy it.

I dont know what, but like anything special to make the game more original and interesting would be cool. :)

Boosi

Apr 29, 2017
Okay, I'll think about some things to improve and edit my post to the latest idea. Thanks

Megg

Jan 17, 2017
GEDDON BOOSEY ;) Great idea but I think it would be waaaaay better on Zutile x3 lol jk but yeh noice one :3

Last edited:
Reactions: Boosi

Boosi

Apr 29, 2017
GEDDON BOOSEY ;) Great idea but I think it would be waaaaay better on Zutile x3 lol jl but yeh noice one :3
Ye ye would be great on Zutile ; ) Let's just hope Jinx adds it ;D

Last edited:
Reactions: Megg

Elfdrummer12

Dec 10, 2016
Rivendell
The name reminds me of a game for the phone called King of Theives.

Don't get me wrong, I think this idea is really cool and I would love to see it added.
Should players be able to choose between being a thief and a security guard, or do they only play as thieves??

Boosi

Apr 29, 2017
The name reminds me of a game for the phone called King of Theives.

Don't get me wrong, I think this idea is really cool and I would love to see it added.
Should players be able to choose between being a thief and a security guard, or do they only play as thieves??
It could be added in the future where you can choose between the two, but for development stages it should be only thieves. Is there any idea of how you could make it playable with an option of being a thief or a guard? It is a really good idea, but thinking of a lot more ideas makes my brain not able to focus very well.

Members Online

Team online

Latest profile posts

Reesle wrote on Casualpoalrbear's profile.
Have a good day, CoolPoalrBear :)
Summer event got added to CubeCraft Notion!
1715956357987.png
This sure didn’t age well, XD
DuckL wrote on AnolTongi's profile.
Pro Moderator :D
Top Bottom