Minecraft PC IP: play.cubecraft.net

Should my latest idea, Parkour Race, be added?

• Yes - It will have positive outcomes

• No - I don't think it will work.

• Maybe - With my help it can be better

Results are only viewable after voting.

Boosi

Apr 29, 2017
Currently unaware of this idea being added in any other server, but after posting this I will see if it exists.
In the arcade lobby, there is something called "Parkour Minigame" and I really enjoy this, getting to the point where I can get 10 diamond blocks before anyone gets 2 or more. (Yes yes, I play it too much be quiet x3) Just recently I came up with the idea to make something similar, a parkour race, with a series of parkour challenges that you race through with 5+ people to the end.
The main objective is to get to the end before anyone else, going through at least 10 different parkour stages. Obviously, there would have to be lots of different stages for each individual game so it isn't the same each time, and gradually adding more in small updates. Here are a few that I thought of so far (feel free to suggest some)

• Cactus jumps (using cactus damage to make it a struggle to get across)
  • Water jumps (where there is one singular block of water ((done using command blocks)) then 1 gap, then water etc.
  • Several normal block jumps, ranging from 1 block jumps to 4 block jumps. Some could be all 1 block jumps, some could be all 4 block jumps, meaning you have to use momentum
  • Themed jumps, such as Mario pipes, clouds, jump across lava. (A lot of these)
  • Possibly Mazes, and the unlikely idea of water mazes (discontinued idea, don't add this
Thank you so so so much to Sevenade78, I really appreciate the feedback given! Anyway, give credit to him for what you see in the following points!
  • Slime Jump Parkour
  • Lava Parkour
  • Fence Parkour
  • Doors, ladders
  • Speed, jump boost
  • VOTING OPTION FOR SIMPLE TIMER, MAP CRUMBLING, COUNTDOWN STARTING WHEN 1 PERSON COMPLETES THE FIRST SECTION, THEN ANOTHER WHEN EVERYONE MOVES ONTO SECTION 2, AND SO ON.
  • Invisible paths guided by sea lanterns or other blocks shown further below.
Once again, thank you a lot for the feedback you gave me. Tell me to add anything that I forgot!

I was thinking that the whole race will be put into 3 or 4 (possibly more, depending on the practicality of it) sections of about 3 different small parkour maps, say the first section was a nether based section, the first small map would be fortress ruins, lava parkour then nether brick fence parkour, then perhaps moving onto the section of a Mario theme, and so on.

From here, it would be great if you all gave me some ideas that I will add to the list, and I will credit you all by putting your name next to it! With some difficulty, the person who comes first should be seen dancing on a gold block, the difficulty being that the person who won is an armour stand, though obviously you don't have to do this. 2nd on an iron block, and third on a coal block.
Any additional features that you don't have to add:

• [REMOVED DUE TO FRUSTRATION FACTORS]
  • [REMOVED DUE TO FRUSTRATION FACTORS]
  • Misleading paths
Those three ideas are additional because people would complain that the game would be too unfair and too hard to complete because all people would do is knock them off so they can't complete it.

You have a total of 6 chances to complete the challenges. If you fail once, you lose a life. Lose all six lives, and you are out the game. For those reading this, tell me if you'd rather have it so if two people finished at almost the same time, the one who got there first wins, or the one with the less lives lost wins. EDIT: In the first section, you have 15 chances to complete it, the second section you have 12, third is ten, 4th is six and the 5th is three.

I like to make my posts so that people can interact with my ideas and share what they think on it so that it isn't my opinion only, and people get a say in what they think is best. A poll will be linked with this post on whether it should be added.

Last edited:

xXNiChO_29Xx

Dedicated Member
Feb 20, 2016
I really like this Idea!
A Parkour Race would be Epic!
C:
I'd remove the Knockback Sticks and he normal punches, would be literally really hard.
Nice Suggestion!
+1

Boosi

Apr 29, 2017
I really like this Idea!
A Parkour Race would be Epic!
C:
I'd remove the Knockback Sticks and he normal punches, would be literally really hard.
Nice Suggestion!
+1
Yes, the knockback sticks and normal punches are why I put them as optional. Of course, people with a rank could vote whether it should be hardcore, where those two things are added.

MalakMos

Novice Member
Feb 25, 2017
Kuwait
Currently unaware of this idea being added in any other server, but after posting this I will see if it exists.
In the arcade lobby, there is something called "Parkour Minigame" and I really enjoy this, getting to the point where I can get 10 diamond blocks before anyone gets 2 or more. (Yes yes, I play it too much be quiet x3) Just recently I came up with the idea to make something similar, a parkour race, with a series of parkour challenges that you race through with 5+ people to the end.
The main objective is to get to the end before anyone else, going through at least 10 different parkour stages. Obviously, there would have to be lots of different stages for each individual game so it isn't the same each time, and gradually adding more in small updates. Here are a few that I thought of so far (feel free to suggest some)

• Cactus jumps (using cactus damage to make it a struggle to get across)
  • Water jumps (where there is one singular block of water ((done using command blocks)) then 1 gap, then water etc.
  • Several normal block jumps, ranging from 1 block jumps to 4 block jumps. Some could be all 1 block jumps, some could be all 4 block jumps, meaning you have to use momentum
  • Themed jumps, such as Mario pipes, clouds, jump across lava. (A lot of these)
  • Possibly Mazes, and the unlikely idea of water mazes
From here, it would be great if you all gave me some ideas that I will add to the list, and I will credit you all by putting your name next to it! With some difficulty, the person who comes first should be seen dancing on a gold block, the difficulty being that the person who won is an armour stand, though obviously you don't have to do this. 2nd on an iron block, and third on a coal block.
Any additional features that you don't have to add:

• Knockback sticks
  • Normal punches
  • Misleading paths
Those three ideas are additional because people would complain that the game would be too unfair and too hard to complete because all people would do is knock them off so they can't complete it.

You have a total of 6 chances to complete the challenges. If you fail once, you lose a life. Lose all six lives, and you are out the game. For those reading this, tell me if you'd rather have it so if two people finished at almost the same time, the one who got there first wins, or the one with the less lives lost wins.

I like to make my posts so that people can interact with my ideas and share what they think on it so that it isn't my opinion only, and people get a say in what they think is best. A poll will be linked with this post on whether it should be added.

That is an awesome idea. I think this should definitely be added in game.

Keep up the awesome work, also thanks for the effort!

Thank you. :)

Boosi

Apr 29, 2017
I just want to thank you all for the great feedback I'm getting! I joined several days ago and so far everything is great! <3

Reactions: AbandonedUser

ItsDavey_

Forum Expert
Nov 23, 2014
the Netherlands
I like This idea very Well! I could replaced by "parkour" But one thing. I don't think they might add This because hypixel, has the gameplay too (only the parkour is short and it's a party game! But still a Nice idea! Keep up the good work ;)

AbandonedUser

Nov 28, 2016
The idea is very great and I think this will be added in the future. I'm going to vote yes for this one, as it is very nice and creative. ^-^

Sevenade78

Dedicated Member
May 24, 2014
Germany
Heyo Boosi!
First of all I suppose I'll give you a belated welcome on joining the forums, and at the same time thank you for giving such a huge, constructive suggestion to be added.

Concept:

Competitive Parkour has been an idea in the drafts for quite a long while, and it was, as an idea, favoured by many members of the community. I, too, have to admit that I'd love seeing competitive parkour exist on a server, especially in the form of a race. It's not something anyone could do, but at the same time even the best player might happen to make a mistake out of pure misfortune. The different sections make for great variety of the parkour, decreasing the chance of it becoming a boring process for players anytime soon, and the given sections could all work very well together. Your concept deserves acknowledgement, and its addition seems very realistic in my opinion.

Improvements and Additions:
Even competitive gameplay needs a limit, which, in this case, should be set to the race being the only factor for PvP gameplay. Adding the ability to
interfere with other players seems like more of a frustration-factor, rather than something to enjoy.
Second of all, your optional idea of a water maze seems overdone to me as well, sometimes water-parkouring may go wrong, and having this occur
in a maze seems, once again, very frustrating over time.
A possible addition to sections could be Speed / Jump Boost parkours, the implementation of doors and ladders to add to the difficulty level, and finally, the use of slime blocks.

Possible conflicts / Variations:
The addition of lives to each player makes every game have limited time, and seems like a good balance at first. However, sometimes lives can also make games far too difficult to complete, especially for new players trying to get into the parkour racing. In my opinion, it should be put into consideration to have alternative limitations to duration of gameplay. (E.g. A simple timer; Map crumbling, having section after section disappear after a given time; A countdown for a section to be completed as the first player moves on to the next section etc.)

Map structure:
This is still quite the open topic regarding your idea, however the structure should really be put into more detail in the near future. You might want to mention whether entire maps are themed (E.g. A parkour race through the Nether, adding lava parkours and parkour through nether fortresses), or sections being divided by themes OR type of parkouring, or both. I think you get the point of myself not wanting to restrict your imagination and creativity all too far with this one, as I'd prefer to see your own thoughts on this.

Once again, I appreciate you sharing your idea with the community, both for feedback and suggestion reasons, and I hope that my feedback gave you some additional ideas and the motivation to keep refining!

D

Deleted member 204478

I like this idea! It is well thought through and has many aspects that could go with it :P
+1

Boosi

Apr 29, 2017
Sevenade78, thank you so much. I really needed a reply like this, where people suggest detailed reasons on how it could improve. Considering how happy I am today from exams (might as well put it out there I got 100% on my science x3) I am just so grateful for the effort you put into it. I am aware a lot of things I said would be extremely frustrating for lots of people in the player base, and your ideas took this gamemode to a new level. I will credit you in the types of parkour you suggested. In answer to your ponder of the lives and such, I think a voting system towards this suggestion of having things like a simple timer and the map crumbling, thank you so much!
I was thinking that the whole race will be put into 3 or 4 (possibly more, depending on the practicality of it) sections of about 3 different small parkour maps, say the first section was a nether based section, the first small map would be fortress ruins, lava parkour then nether brick fence parkour, then perhaps moving onto the section of a Mario theme, and so on. Please reply if you think this still needs improvement.
I'm going to remove the part where there is an option for you to be able to interfere with other people, thanks to most people who replied, thanks!
Yes, water mazes and mazes in general seem a little too frustating, I will probably edit it so that it is more of where there is an invisible path shown by some sea lanterns further below.

I'm still extremely grateful for your help, I can't put into words how I feel. I know this is all just a gamemode that may or may not be added, but in the mood I'm in right now I feel very hopeful.

Reactions: Sevenade78
Members Online

Team online

Latest profile posts

GiGaGekkies wrote on SanderVDB29's profile.
Happy Birthday!
GiGaGekkies wrote on Mivke's profile.
Gefeliciteerd
new prefix dropped🔥🔥
IMG_9015.jpeg
UncleSpect wrote on WorriedSkate940's profile.
congratss man! when 1000 👀
UncleSpect wrote on SanderVDB29's profile.
Happy birthday! 🎈
Top Bottom