Minecraft PC IP: play.cubecraft.net

Should my latest idea, Parkour Race, be added?

• Yes - It will have positive outcomes

• No - I don't think it will work.

• Maybe - With my help it can be better

Results are only viewable after voting.

Sevenade78

Dedicated Member
May 24, 2014
Germany
Sevenade78, thank you so much. I really needed a reply like this, where people suggest detailed reasons on how it could improve. Considering how happy I am today from exams (might as well put it out there I got 100% on my science x3) I am just so grateful for the effort you put into it. I am aware a lot of things I said would be extremely frustrating for lots of people in the player base, and your ideas took this gamemode to a new level. I will credit you in the types of parkour you suggested. In answer to your ponder of the lives and such, I think a voting system towards this suggestion of having things like a simple timer and the map crumbling, thank you so much!
I was thinking that the whole race will be put into 3 or 4 (possibly more, depending on the practicality of it) sections of about 3 different small parkour maps, say the first section was a nether based section, the first small map would be fortress ruins, lava parkour then nether brick fence parkour, then perhaps moving onto the section of a Mario theme, and so on. Please reply if you think this still needs improvement.
I'm going to remove the part where there is an option for you to be able to interfere with other people, thanks to most people who replied, thanks!
Yes, water mazes and mazes in general seem a little too frustating, I will probably edit it so that it is more of where there is an invisible path shown by some sea lanterns further below.

I'm still extremely grateful for your help, I can't put into words how I feel. I know this is all just a gamemode that may or may not be added, but in the mood I'm in right now I feel very hopeful.
Righteo, the map sections would be covered by that, giving it 4 different sections, perhaps (by plugins) chosen randomly out of a given draft, with around 3 different types of parkours, this definitely sounds acceptable! Ideas should be gathered for sections and parkour types to those sections, however don't underestimate the staff team itself when it comes to making decisions about content!

The maze idea on its own seems like a good idea, mazes used to be content in our old parkour server, and they worked well apart from the issue that it had the same structure. The only problem is that water parkours can be really difficult sometimes, especially because sometimes you'll forget to press something and then falling off would make it really frustrating.

As for the voting, perhaps those could even turn into different parkour race game modes! Or a voting system similar to those in Skywars and Survival Games, where ranked players get to decide whether they prefer lives, break-time, or a normal timer. As mentioned before, we shouldn't go too far into the planning, as most of the implementations is handled by staff.

Once again, it was a pleasure for me to be responding to such a well-structured thread, and I do hope you get to keep this motivation for a long while, as I can sense a creative mind behind your avatar!

iCvxR

Novice Member
Dec 21, 2016
Belgium
This idea is a nice original idea but if this not gonna get added i guess this will be because The Hive have deathrun and this look's a little bit on it but it's a nice idea so why not xD

Injunction

Forum Expert
Sep 2, 2016
In A Box In San Francisco
Okay so I feel like this as a whole is a good idea but the problem I have here is how unoriginal this would be and no I don't mean like copying another game I mean the map point
See with such a simple game after about a week of hype it would die do to it no longer being fun since they are the same maps that once you play a few times you can just do it so easily but unlike games such as blockwars where strategies on maps can limit the game, in blockwars you don't have to do the same strategies every time so it doesn't just get boring so quickly
However there is only 1 sort of strategy in a parkour race whichever is time your jumps

So I feel like it won't work out

Members Online

Members online

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Desiderata wrote on Xi1m's profile.
relogging just to tell you (and those who care enough to read statuses) that digital circus ep 2 is out now apparently
GiGaGekkies wrote on RobinDn's profile.
Hottie
Thank you everyone for all the birthday wishes <3 🦆
Reesle wrote on RobinDn's profile.
Heyy, thanks for the follow! =D
Top Bottom