Minecraft PC IP: play.cubecraft.net

Do you want to see this?

• Total voters

Itz_QuiNy

Novice Member
Jan 2, 2017
Somewhere
Me and @_TheBigPunisher_ Have an idea for an new gamemode. Castle Wars. There are 4 teams and all the 4 teams start with a broken castle. To defeat an enemy, you need to capture their castle. You do that by going with the entire team to a enemy's castle and being in the enemy's castle for a certain period of time. If you capture a castle, you get points. In 5min you get 20 points. With those points you can get upgrades for example upgrade your castle with walls around it or get sniper holes. Or maybe even something like skeletons that will shoot people or get guards. You can also buy traps. To kill your enemy's . To prevent spawn trapping you can spawn anywhere on the castle. When the game started can you choose a kit, But you can also buy other stuff with points. You´re team start with 5 horses and 5 wolfs. with this animals you can defend your castle and attack other castle´s. if you're dead you spawn in the castle . f your castle is taken over, then you can not spawn anymore so if you are killed then you will die forever. Or if your castle has been taken over, you are off with your team. So this is about strategy so you have to communicate with your team. If you upgrade your castle then you have more room for things like more horses or more sniper hols etc, In the middle of the map, you have a deserted village if you capture that, but that's the risk to yourself but there is a lot of traps in there ,but if you this captured that then You get some extras. You have 4 castle and 1 castle have 5 horses ,5 dogs with points you can buy more stuff. 1 castle has 8 member so this is a big game. But there is a small map with 5 people on a castle. So you need to capture other castle. But as you captured another castle then you have 2 bases. If a team captured your 2e base then you can run to your main castle and as you died then you can respawn. So if teams camping you can buy stuff to kill them. And you can attack with mobs.And you can set mobs to defend your castle then you can click a position so around that position she will attack enemy's.

I hope you like this idea as well

Bob_the_Giraffe

Dedicated Member
Nov 5, 2013
Canada
This seems like a pretty cool idea! When you say to defeat a team you must go to their castle with your entire team. But that would leave your castle completely undefended which would make it really easy for another team to capture it. I think it would work better if there was only 1 player needed to capture points from another teams castle. Aside from that I think this is a really great idea and it seems like it would be fun to play!

Reactions: TheBigPunisher
Dec 18, 2016
yes you right, but you can also buy guards to defend you castle so if you get more point you can buy traps wals guards etc, But yeah your right, But this is a strategy gamemode to

Injunction

Forum Expert
Sep 2, 2016
In A Box In San Francisco
Please don't post useless messages that don't contribute to the original topic just a little suggestion bring it is 1 of the forum rules but it is okay because you didn't know it

As for the suggestion itself I don't like this but my reasoning for not liking it is pretty bad so it probably won't really count but that isn't swaying me into liking this idea it would be neutral if my reasoning isn't good enough

But my reasoning is that this feels like it was just a sudden "oh I have a suggestion I will make it as quickly as I can" i don't think that you really thought about the suggestion very much and you just got a bunch of games on Cubecraft and on other serversand merged them together this just feels like you put blockwars with Mineplex's castle siege and added an upgrading element
It doesn't feel like an original idea or a well thought out one

Dec 18, 2016
One things we are nothing steal from other servers. And this is orgineel but no one server has this concept. But this is a idea, cubecraft can chance this idea as wel. Whe have rules and potions for this game so this is orgineel I think.

Injunction

Forum Expert
Sep 2, 2016
In A Box In San Francisco
One things we are nothing steal from other servers. And this is orgineel but no one server has this concept. But this is a idea, cubecraft can chance this idea as wel. Whe have rules and potions for this game so this is orgineel I think.
The actual game is original I didn't say it wasn't I said the concepts weren't and it was basically just putting 3 games Into a lot and making a soup out of it (that is a metaphor)

Daniel_H212

May 8, 2016
my personal hell
As with most games suggested, there needs to be some clarifications and specifications for missing information, as well as adjustments to balance the game.

In order for us to judge your game properly, tell us the following things:
  • What exactly can you buy or upgrade for your castle?
  • What armor, weapons, tools, food, blocks, and miscellaneous items will be available?
  • What will the specific traps look like, and are there any limits to where you can place them?
  • What will the castles look like? What does this mean for the people defending them or attacking them?
  • You mentioned random spawnpoints. How can you make sure that the people do not spawn in unfair locations, like in the middle of a fight? Could spawn invincibility be a good replacement for your idea?
  • Will the castles be on hills, on islands floating in the air, or on flat ground? How will this make it both not too easy and not too hard to capture a castle?
  • How far away will the castles be placed?
  • After your castle is captured, can you capture another castle, if your entire team is present in the location?
  • How fast could a castle be captured?
  • What will be the monetary system provided? Your current system states that you can only gain points to buy items by capturing a castle. That makes this game far too luck based, as people will be battling at the beginning with no gear as they have no points to buy any. The first team that captures a castle will likely win the game as they will immediately far outgear everyone else.
  • Why will there be 5 horses and 5 wolves? How will this make this game easier / harder?
  • What kind of mobs will be available to use? How will they be deployed?
  • What blocks can be placed, destroyed, or obtained?
  • What will the kits be, and how will they affect the game?
  • What is the ideal number of teams and players per team?
When a game is designed, you must consider the balance of the game. A good game must satisfy the following conditions:
  • The game is not too long, nor too short.
  • It must be more skill based than luck based.
  • There must be multiple possible playing styles that you can win with. For example, if going on the offensive is the only option, then the game is monotonous and will not attract many players, whereas if you have the option to camp it out, or divide and conquer, or all out offense, etc. the game will be more fun. There must be variety in the gameplay.
  • It must be different from any other game. For example, there are some aspects of this game that is similar to egg wars. How can you avoid that?

Hypixel Network

Novice Member
Jan 28, 2017
As with most games suggested, there needs to be some clarifications and specifications for missing information, as well as adjustments to balance the game.

In order for us to judge your game properly, tell us the following things:
  • What exactly can you buy or upgrade for your castle?
  • What armor, weapons, tools, food, blocks, and miscellaneous items will be available?
  • What will the specific traps look like, and are there any limits to where you can place them?
  • What will the castles look like? What does this mean for the people defending them or attacking them?
  • You mentioned random spawnpoints. How can you make sure that the people do not spawn in unfair locations, like in the middle of a fight? Could spawn invincibility be a good replacement for your idea?
  • Will the castles be on hills, on islands floating in the air, or on flat ground? How will this make it both not too easy and not too hard to capture a castle?
  • How far away will the castles be placed?
  • After your castle is captured, can you capture another castle, if your entire team is present in the location?
  • How fast could a castle be captured?
  • What will be the monetary system provided? Your current system states that you can only gain points to buy items by capturing a castle. That makes this game far too luck based, as people will be battling at the beginning with no gear as they have no points to buy any. The first team that captures a castle will likely win the game as they will immediately far outgear everyone else.
  • Why will there be 5 horses and 5 wolves? How will this make this game easier / harder?
  • What kind of mobs will be available to use? How will they be deployed?
  • What blocks can be placed, destroyed, or obtained?
  • What will the kits be, and how will they affect the game?
  • What is the ideal number of teams and players per team?
When a game is designed, you must consider the balance of the game. A good game must satisfy the following conditions:
  • The game is not too long, nor too short.
  • It must be more skill based than luck based.
  • There must be multiple possible playing styles that you can win with. For example, if going on the offensive is the only option, then the game is monotonous and will not attract many players, whereas if you have the option to camp it out, or divide and conquer, or all out offense, etc. the game will be more fun. There must be variety in the gameplay.
  • It must be different from any other game. For example, there are some aspects of this game that is similar to egg wars. How can you avoid that?
That's the developers job

Reactions: Milkyy

RayzMC

Feb 3, 2017
Summer
i love it
yes you right, but you can also buy guards to defend you castle so if you get more point you can buy traps wals guards etc, But yeah your right, But this is a strategy gamemode to
Message farming is against the forum rules. If you continue to do it, I will contact a staff.
You can edit your post instead.

Now about the suggestion.
It seems a little interesting but the game/idea didn't really "sell" it to me.

Daniel_H212

May 8, 2016
my personal hell
That's the developers job

Are you sure?

It is impossible to correctly judge whether or not a game idea is a good one until those questions are answered, and they can be answered by the player who suggested the game. I'd rather have the developers spend their time on fixing the anticheat than try to find the best solutions to all of those questions.

Daniel_H212

May 8, 2016
my personal hell
Sure , but there's no way to know how to balance the game fully unless it's tested.

D e v s

Actually, you can have a pretty good idea of how balanced it would be if all of the things I asked about were specified. You do not have to actually develop the game to know if it will work well, hence why most games that come out on Cube are already very well balanced, without much adjustment afterward.

Simbaaa

Dedicated Member
Jul 11, 2014
USA
Not sure if it is just me on this but I don't really understand the overall idea of this game... How do you capture someone else's castle? Just my standing in it for the longest time? What would points be used for then? Also, would PvP be enabled or not? I would like it if you elaborated more on this!

Dec 18, 2016
pvp is enabled, And you can buy stuff with points for defend your castle and atack other castle. You can buy guards, walls, sword etc, If you are on their castle with majority than themselves then you have to keep it for a certain time and over a certain period you have captured it.

Reactions: Itz_QuiNy
Members Online

Members online

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Tripleee wrote on Eli's profile.
Happy Birthday!
Matriox wrote on xEefster's profile.
Happy birthday eef
Basketman wrote on Eli's profile.
Happy Birthday Forums Guru (ELI) Enjoy your day and I hope these small messages here make your day! 🥳
JokeKaedee wrote on Eli's profile.
Happy birthday, Eli! I hope that today will be filled with joy and happiness only!!
Enjoy your day 🐉 :heart:
Reesle wrote on RatedManMp46's profile.
Happy Birthday! 🥳
Top Bottom