Minecraft PC IP: play.cubecraft.net

Can you add a new game mode

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Just_a_kill

Sep 24, 2017
Dear Cubecraft
It is I just_a_kill I was wanting to know if you could add a new game mode to Tower Defense that allows a play like myself
to make a costume game to where if in a party they can do a 1v1 2v2 or 3v3 and so on
pls replied if you think you might add the new game mode.

DanielSch

Sep 28, 2015
Dear Cubecraft
It is I just_a_kill I was wanting to know if you could add a new game mode to Tower Defense that allows a play like myself
to make a costume game to where if in a party they can do a 1v1 2v2 or 3v3 and so on
If they did ever add a new gamemode into the game, they would hide it behind a paywall, because Cube is run by scumbags who force you to pay for all the fun.

Nqnja

Novice Member
Dec 1, 2016
Netherlands
If they did ever add a new gamemode into the game, they would hide it behind a paywall, because Cube is run by scumbags who force you to pay for all the fun.

Not true, they allow you to play any gamemode but for special features such as special vanity items you will have to get a donator rank.. but vanity isn't needed to play certain gamemodes right?

Dear Cubecraft

This has already been suggested many many times, and I think Cube is going to add this in the future, please wait till they introduce the gamemode or (if Cube doesn't add the gamemode) accept that not eveything is possible. Cubecraft is not ran by wizards.. :)

EDIT: Removed spelling mistake

BallisticBoi

Dec 28, 2016
I believe there should be a whole new custom gamemode. I know it takes time to make one from scratch but that will show players around the world that cube craft if devoted to there players by making a whole new gamemode from scratch.

DanielSch

Sep 28, 2015
Not true, they allow you to play any gamemode but for special features such as special vanity items you will have to get a donator rank.. but vanity isn't needed to play certain gamemodes right?

This has already been suggested many many times, and I think Cube is going to add this in the future, please wait till they introduce the gamemode or (if Cube doesn't add the gamemode) accept that not eveything is possible. Cubecraft is not ran by wizards.. :)

You have to pay them to get a rank so you can use said rank to choose a game mode. So technically it's still hidden behind a paywall.

DanielSch

Sep 28, 2015

They also haven't responded to the criticisms people had against the new update. Even after about 2 weeks or so.
In order to play survival on tower defense, you need to vote. But oh wait, you need a rank to donate, and for game modes, you need obsidian rank, which costs around 140$. So for all intensive purposes, to be able to play survival mode on Tower Defense costs 140$. That is scum. And Cube doesn't even care. Nor will they likely ever.

Edgeless

Dedicated Member
May 9, 2016
They need money to run this server don't act like this and you don't need money for fun

DanielSch

Sep 28, 2015
They need money to run this server don't act like this and you don't need money for fun
Maybe they wouldn't need so much money if they didn't constantly add more sub par games that end up dying off months later anyway.

my issue isn't that they offer ranks, its that they put multiple game modes behind paywalls that force you to pay around 140$ to play. I personally find the notion that that is totally ok to be utter nonsense.

Cube has a philosophy of quantity over quality, where they will endlessly release subpar games then practically extort the players to play all the game modes.

I'm not angry that they offer ranks, I'm angry that they FORCE, I repeat, FORCE you to buy one to get the voting privledges to play all the game modes, which I find highly nonsensical.

Reactions: Manchot999

Manchot999

Novice Member
Dec 27, 2016
Maybe they wouldn't need so much money if they didn't constantly add more sub par games that end up dying off months later anyway.

my issue isn't that they offer ranks, its that they put multiple game modes behind paywalls that force you to pay around 140$ to play. I personally find the notion that that is totally ok to be utter nonsense.

Cube has a philosophy of quantity over quality, where they will endlessly release subpar games then practically extort the players to play all the game modes.

I'm not angry that they offer ranks, I'm angry that they FORCE, I repeat, FORCE you to buy one to get the voting privledges to play all the game modes, which I find highly nonsensical.
While I completely agree that freemium is annoying, and that I would much rather to pay for a game once and get all the stuff, it's sadly a very effective business tactic. Notice how the smaller a server is, it's more and more about the community and less and less about the money. However, when a server starts to be able to sustent itself or even to generate profits, things like "It's free but you need to pay for more gamemodes" is something which is seen in almost every iOS game ever.

It is worth noting, however, that many servers are a lot worse than Cube. Take any faction server, for example. The EULA doesn't help with the dreaded /kit god and /fly.

Reactions: DanielSch

larwa

Novice Member
Sep 23, 2017
The Universe
Dear Cubecraft

a) Custom*
b) I guess it's a good Idea but there would have to be new maps (smaller) the limit of units sent at once should be decreased and many other things to make it fair and not too hard. So IDK if they will consider this.....

larwa

Novice Member
Sep 23, 2017
The Universe
THAT is not true, The only thing you can't do 4 free is vote for gamemodes and have access to a few cosmetics and that's it!

larwa

Novice Member
Sep 23, 2017
The Universe
They also haven't responded to the criticisms people had against the new update. Even after about 2 weeks or so.
In order to play survival on tower defense, you need to vote. But oh wait, you need a rank to donate, and for game modes, you need obsidian rank, which costs around 140$. So for all intensive purposes, to be able to play survival mode on Tower Defense costs 140$. That is scum. And Cube doesn't even care. Nor will they likely ever.
If you don't like cubecraft then you don't have to play it

DanielSch

Sep 28, 2015
THAT is not true, The only thing you can't do 4 free is vote for gamemodes and have access to a few cosmetics and that's it!
Oh for the love of....
Can you play gamemodes without being able to vote? ususally, NO
Unless you find an obby rank that will choose the gamemode you want, which rarely ever happens.

DanielSch

Sep 28, 2015
If you don't like cubecraft then you don't have to play it
Oh such an original comeback.
That is such a ridiculous comeback because it assumes that I like nothing about Cube, which isn't true.
Tower defense, for instance, was really fun and interesting before they messed it up with the ridiculous 'balancing' patch. I criticize the game because I see it has a lot of potential. If I hated it then yes, I wouldn't care. But that isn't the case.

DanielSch

Sep 28, 2015
While I completely agree that freemium is annoying, and that I would much rather to pay for a game once and get all the stuff, it's sadly a very effective business tactic. Notice how the smaller a server is, it's more and more about the community and less and less about the money. However, when a server starts to be able to sustent itself or even to generate profits, things like "It's free but you need to pay for more gamemodes" is something which is seen in almost every iOS game ever.

It is worth noting, however, that many servers are a lot worse than Cube. Take any faction server, for example. The EULA doesn't help with the dreaded /kit god and /fly.
Yeah. Cube these days seems to care only about making a profit rather than actually making good games.

And yeah, although the faction servers have terrible paywalling issues, it still doesn't diminish how ridiculous Cube's paywall is.
And I have personal experience with factions servers serving up the normal 'pleeb' players for not buying a rank plenty of times.

larwa

Novice Member
Sep 23, 2017
The Universe
Oh such an original comeback.
That is such a ridiculous comeback because it assumes that I like nothing about Cube, which isn't true.
Tower defense, for instance, was really fun and interesting before they messed it up with the ridiculous 'balancing' patch. I criticize the game because I see it has a lot of potential. If I hated it then yes, I wouldn't care. But that isn't the case.
Look, cubecraft does it voluntarily! of course they should get some support!

DanielSch

Sep 28, 2015
Look, cubecraft does it voluntarily! of course they should get some support!
You aren't listening, are you?
Am I saying its wrong for them to offer bonuses to people who donate? NO
I have a problem with WHAT BONUSES they get. I.E. the ability to choose a gamemode, that all us 'pleebs' don't get because we don't want to or cant shovel out 185$ to buy a single rank.
Yes, Cube does keep the server up voluntarily, but they use this opportunity to practically extort its users to play a gamemode that can cost around 185$ USD. And that I find incredibly immoral, but not surprising considering Cube cares not for actually making the games with love and care. They more care about which ways they can practically extort their users to earn an extra buck. Its pure greed.

Members Online

Team online

Latest profile posts

Eli
The forums feel so slow on Sundays
Casualpoalrbear wrote on Xi1m's profile.
FkhsjevXEBQvIe3.jpg
to the very few 5 or less people who are concerned about fhg dont worry its not going anywhere i just dont feel like writing at all and im disappointed in myself so

dw its not that deep
Desiderata wrote on caraMel's profile.
cara mel you are my biggest hater ily
1714232286010.png
Top Bottom