• Meh. Neither like or hate it...

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

DragonSan

Dedicated Member
Sep 1, 2016
Soooooooo I was just wandering around in my own little world, bumping into stuff and looking for food, when a sudden idea popped into my head. Wouldn't it be cool if there was game based around the idea of Cops & Robbers? Then I got thinking about it, and it could totally work!

The game will last 10 minutes long or will end in case one of the teams complete all their objectives. There will be 2 teams with up to 8 players on each team:

Team 1 - Cops
Theme tune: Sound of Da Police by KRS-One

'Listen up rookie. If you wanna be one of the good guys, you better prove you can keep up...'

These guys will be dressed in red leather shoes (Protection I), blue leather leggings (Protection I), a red leather chestplate (Protection I) and a blue hat (Yep, you guessed it. With FIRE ASPECT II SHARP V KNOCKB--- Nah, just Protection I).

In their inventory will be a Knockback I, Sharpness I Stick (renamed to 'Police Baton') to beat down those dirty crooks.

They also get an iron bar block (renamed to 'Handcuffs') which is just a cosmetic item, it doesn't do much of anything really. Clearly someone must've handed you used handcuffs and forgot to unlock them or give you the key. The police force just isn't what it used to be...

Finally, they get a splash potion of slowness (renamed to 'Pepperspray') to show 'em who's boss. Just don't go spraying yourself by accident, okay rookie?

The cops also get a speed boost in the last minute of the game, so you better hurry up and find those thugs!

Team 2 - Robbers
Theme tune: The Next Episode by Dr.Dre ft. Snoop Dogg

'So you think you got what it takes to be a full time criminal, eh?
D'ya like breakin' rules and breakin' faces? I guess we'll find out soon enough.'

This team will be wearing a prison jumpsuit - orange leather shoes, leggings and a chestplate.

In their inventory will be a splash potion of healing (renamed to 'Smuggled Booze') to heal you and your thieving chums up a little, but don't go splashing the cops by accident!

You also start with a brief potion of invisibility (lasting 20 seconds or so) that can only be used within the first 6 minutes of the match, so use it wisely!

The robbers are just that - petty thieves - so they they won't be equipped with any weapons. Fight off those pigs with your bare hands if you have to! #thuglyfe

The robbers also receive a speed boost within the first minute of the game, the adrenaline rush that comes with running from the law I guess : P

How the game works:

- This is where things get a little complex so bare with me -

There are 2 rounds that last 10 minutes long each (or shorter if one of the team's complete their objectives first). After each round the teams will switch roles, so the team who played as cops will switch and play as robbers on the second round and vice versa.

- - -

The cop's objective is simple - you and your squad have to catch every robber before the round timer runs out AND before the robbers collect enough emeralds. To do this is simple.

All you have to do is chase the robbers around the map and beat them into submission! (police brutality :eek:) Use your equipment to knock all the health away from a enemy which will knock him or her out stone cold (technically in Minecraft this means they are dead but shush, that's just a minor technicality).

When a robber is KO'ed, they will then respawn inside a locked prison cell or the back of a police van so they can think about their life choices (we can make it so they can still watch what's going on outside the van or prison cell though). If very robber has been caught the cops win the round.

If a cop somehow manages to die (cuz he a giant neeeeeeeewwwwwwwwwb), they will respawn but only after a 2 minute time penalty as the rest of the squad have to call for backup or something along those lines :L so avoiding death would probably be a good game plan.

- - -

The Robber's objective is two fold - they can either win by surviving the full 10 minutes OR by collecting 100 emeralds altogether that will spawn randomly around the map.

Then and ONLY THEN they can run to a specific 'Escape Point' on each map that will render them safe from any harm (they cannot deal damage either though).

If a robber makes it to the 'Escape point' he has won the round for his team, but the round will not end until every robber is either caught by the cops, has outrun the cops for 10 minutes or has also made it to the 'Escape Point'.

The 'Escape point' will be somewhere different for each map, so for example it could be inside a hovering helicopter or in the back of school bus - whatever escape plan the robbers had planned before the job : P

- - -

In the case of a tie...

So if team 1 has won a round and team 2 has also won a round, the winning team will be decided by which team has gained the most points.

Cops gain 15 points every time they catch a robber.

Robbers
gain a point for every emerald they pick up.

- - -

I have a few map ideas and themes, but they are gonna take me a while to build so I'll need interest in this thread first xD also if anyone would like to help or suggest anything, feel free to comment or send me a PM :D

Annnnd thats all I can think of right now. Phew, glad I finally got all that outta my head :L let me know what you think about all this and if you have any questions, fire away!

- Thanks for reading

Last edited:

DragonSan

Dedicated Member
Sep 1, 2016
Looks kinda like cops and robbers from hypixel. So I say no to this suggestion -1

I don't go on Hypixel, so I didn't even know they had that game :L have you read the objectives? They will probably be different which means its a diffferent game really.

AboodPlayz

Dedicated Member
Jun 3, 2016
Earth
Soooooooo I was just wandering around in my own little world, bumping into stuff and looking for food, when a sudden idea popped into my head. Wouldn't it be cool if there was game based around the idea of Cops & Robbers? Then I got thinking about it, and it could totally work!

The game will last 10 minutes long or will end in case one of the teams complete all their objectives. There will be 2 teams with up to 8 players on each team:

Team 1 - Cops
Theme tune: Sound of Da Police by KRS-One

'Listen up rookie. If you wanna be one of the good guys, you better prove you can keep up...'

These guys will be dressed in red leather shoes (Protection I), blue leather leggings (Protection I), a red leather chestplate (Protection I) and a blue hat (Yep, you guessed it. With FIRE ASPECT II SHARP V KNOCKB--- Nah, just Protection I).

In their inventory will be a Knockback I, Sharpness I Stick (renamed to 'Police Baton') to beat down those dirty crooks.

They also get an iron bar block (renamed to 'Handcuffs') which is just a cosmetic item, it doesn't do much of anything really. Clearly someone must've handed you used handcuffs and forgot to unlock them or give you the key. The police force just isn't what it used to be...

Finally, they get a splash potion of slowness (renamed to 'Pepperspray') to show 'em who's boss. Just don't go spraying yourself by accident, okay rookie?

The cops also get a speed boost in the last minute of the game, so you better hurry up and find those thugs!

Team 2 - Robbers
Theme tune: The Next Episode by Dr.Dre ft. Snoop Dogg

'So you think you got what it takes to be a full time criminal, eh?
D'ya like breakin' rules and breakin' faces? I guess we'll find out soon enough.'

This team will be wearing a prison jumpsuit - orange leather shoes, leggings and a chestplate.

In their inventory will be a splash potion of healing (renamed to 'Smuggled Booze') to heal you and your thieving chums up a little, but don't go splashing the cops by accident!

You also start with a brief potion of invisibility (lasting 20 seconds or so) that can only be used within the first 6 minutes of the match, so use it wisely!

The robbers are just that - petty thieves - so they they won't be equipped with any weapons. Fight off those pigs with your bare hands if you have to! #thuglyfe

The robbers also receive a speed boost within the first minute of the game, the adrenaline rush that comes with running from the law I guess : P

How the game works:

- This is where things get a little complex so bare with me -

There are 2 rounds that last 10 minutes long each (or shorter if one of the team's complete their objectives first). After each round the teams will switch roles, so the team who played as cops will switch and play as robbers on the second round and vice versa.

- - -

The cop's objective is simple - you and your squad have to catch every robber before the round timer runs out AND before the robbers collect enough emeralds. To do this is simple.

All you have to do is chase the robbers around the map and beat them into submission! (police brutality :eek:) Use your equipment to knock all the health away from a enemy which will knock him or her out stone cold (technically in Minecraft this means they are dead but shush, that's just a minor technicality).

When a robber is KO'ed, they will then respawn inside a locked prison cell or the back of a police van so they can think about their life choices (we can make it so they can still watch what's going on outside the van or prison cell though). If very robber has been caught the cops win the round.

If a cop somehow manages to die (cuz he a giant neeeeeeeewwwwwwwwwb), they will respawn but only after a 2 minute time penalty as the rest of the squad have to call for backup or something along those lines :L so avoiding death would probably be a good game plan.

- - -

The Robber's objective is two fold - they can either win by surviving the full 10 minutes OR by collecting 100 emeralds altogether that will spawn randomly around the map.

Then and ONLY THEN they can run to a specific 'Escape Point' on each map that will render them safe from any harm (they cannot deal damage either though).

If a robber makes it to the 'Escape point' he has won the round for his team, but the round will not end until every robber is either caught by the cops, has outrun the cops for 10 minutes or has also made it to the 'Escape Point'.

The 'Escape point' will be somewhere different for each map, so for example it could be inside a hovering helicopter or in the back of school bus - whatever escape plan the robbers had planned before the job : P

- - -

In the case of a tie...

So if team 1 has won a round and team 2 has also won a round, the winning team will be decided by which team has gained the most points.

Cops gain 15 points every time they catch a robber.

Robbers
gain a point for every emerald they pick up.

- - -

I have a few map ideas and themes, but they are gonna take me a while to build so I'll need interest in this thread first xD also if anyone would like to help or suggest anything, feel free to comment or send me a PM :D

Annnnd thats all I can think of right now. Phew, glad I finally got all that outta my head :L let me know what you think about all this and if you have any questions, fire away!

- Thanks for reading
I LOVE THIS IDEA!
it reminds my of the days i used to play Roblox but i will steal a few ideas to add on to this (no objection of taking ideas from completely other games!)
Warning! - You might not understand me but if you are not 100% sure of what i said ask me and i will explain!
-The Cops has a jail to put robbers in but the catch is if a robber manages to enter the cops headquarters (police station) they can free their fellow robber and they get a bonus X points for doing so,
-Hostages, this might sound dark but lets say when the game starts all players must run towards the main building of who they want to join, (e.g entering the police station before a certain amount of time will make you a cop, vise versa but for robbers), if you don't manage to enter one of the 2 buildings on time you will become neutral, but that means the robber's team may capture you as a hostage and gain points for every minute you are in there, the cops have to free you and once they do you automatically become a cop (stay in the hostage room for too long and become a robber!)
-Bank, they have to have somewhere to steal the goods from, the goal of the cops is to defend the bank at all costs to prevent the robbers from stealing, (location nearby Cops HQ)
-Kits, A villager will be located at each HQ who can give you kits for CC points,you may only change your kit when you die (or never), some kits Robbers: Invisibility cloak - 2 minutes of invisibility potion, Runner - Speed I -3 minutes, Distractor - 5 TNT, 1 Redstone Torch, Smoke bomb (maybe hard to add). Cops : Tranquilizer - Bow, 20 arrows of slowness II (or freeze), Trap detector - 30 string, 4 tripwire hooks, 8 redstone, command block (auto pms the whole cops team that a player has entered X place, depends on location)
-Maps are designed in a city to keep it more of a stealthy game
-Hostage Building, get automatically teleported to the building if you have not chosen a team (location nearby robbers HQ)
-Robbers Building A place where you have to stash your goods and keep protected
-Cops May find the robbers building and break in and steal back the goods
-HQ of the teams are randomized to prevent memorization and blend in with other buildings, which then you have to find out which is it
-Bank & Hostage Buildings Are randomized and look alike to other buildings to make it hard for both teams to pinpoint the opposing teams HQ

I know these are a lot :P
but i hope you consider some :D

AboodPlayz

Dedicated Member
Jun 3, 2016
Earth
Looks kinda like cops and robbers from hypixel. So I say no to this suggestion -1
yeah I agree, I don't think Cubecraft should copy hypixel
Why do you use the "Uncreative" "Another Server Has This So No"
Can't you see that CC has Skywars, Survival Games and a few other games from other servers
CC can have a few acceptations here and there but don't just use the 'no thank you, another server has this' go into more details about why you agree/disagree about something
Sorry I went a bit out of topic but i had to say something cause it is getting annoying

Reactions: DragonSan

Komodо

Forum Professional
May 29, 2015
Amersfoort, The Netherlands
www.cubecraft.net
Can't you see that CC has Skywars, Survival Games and a few other games from other servers
CC can have a few acceptations here and there but don't just use the 'no thank you, another server has this' go into more details about why you agree/disagree about something
Sorry I went a bit out of topic but i had to say something cause it is getting annoying
Agreed, however, skywars was invented by cubecraft!

Reactions: larswijn

SkoodyDood

Dedicated Member
Jul 7, 2016
Joe...
I like this game mode a lot but this is from Hypixel as most said before. I'll give a +1 if you can make it different and unique for Cubecraft.

Reactions: Komodо

DragonSan

Dedicated Member
Sep 1, 2016
I LOVE THIS IDEA!
it reminds my of the days i used to play Roblox but i will steal a few ideas to add on to this (no objection of taking ideas from completely other games!)
Warning! - You might not understand me but if you are not 100% sure of what i said ask me and i will explain!

-The Cops has a jail to put robbers in but the catch is if a robber manages to enter the cops headquarters (police station) they can free their fellow robber and they get a bonus X points for doing so,

-Hostages, this might sound dark but lets say when the game starts all players must run towards the main building of who they want to join, (e.g entering the police station before a certain amount of time will make you a cop, vise versa but for robbers), if you don't manage to enter one of the 2 buildings on time you will become neutral, but that means the robber's team may capture you as a hostage and gain points for every minute you are in there, the cops have to free you and once they do you automatically become a cop (stay in the hostage room for too long and become a robber!)
-Bank, they have to have somewhere to steal the goods from, the goal of the cops is to defend the bank at all costs to prevent the robbers from stealing, (location nearby Cops HQ)

-Kits, A villager will be located at each HQ who can give you kits for CC points,you may only change your kit when you die (or never), some kits
Robbers: Invisibility cloak - 2 minutes of invisibility potion,
Runner - Speed I -3 minutes,
Distractor - 5 TNT, 1 Redstone Torch, Smoke bomb (maybe hard to add).

Cops : Tranquilizer - Bow, 20 arrows of slowness II (or freeze),
Trap detector - 30 string, 4 tripwire hooks, 8 redstone, command block (auto pms the whole cops team that a player has entered X place, depends on location)

-Maps are designed in a city to keep it more of a stealthy game

-Hostage Building, get automatically teleported to the building if you have not chosen a team (location nearby robbers HQ)

-Robbers Building A place where you have to stash your goods and keep protected

-Cops May find the robbers building and break in and steal back the goods

-HQ of the teams are randomized to prevent memorization and blend in with other buildings, which then you have to find out which is it

-Bank & Hostage Buildings Are randomized and look alike to other buildings to make it hard for both teams to pinpoint the opposing teams HQ

I know these are a lot :p
but i hope you consider some :D

Thanks a lot for the enthusiasm! It's good to know at least some people are interested in the idea :D

- - -

- The first idea is awesome, it'd be so cool to break your teammates out from jail! I think it should require a robber to stay and 'Lockpick' the cell for 20 seconds or so to make it tense xD I also think this should be a certain kit you have to buy with points so that it remains a rare thing but awesome when it finally happens : P bonus points, maybe an extra 25? It's a risky move.

- - -

- I like the idea of hostages but i think there's gonna be too many complications. For example what if someone joins the match but is AFK at the start? Or what if people don't realise they have to run to a certain headquarters? Nice thinking though.

- - -

- I was originally thinking of adding a bank xD but then i thought the cops would just camp there for the whole game waiting for the robbers to basically hand themselves over on a silver platter :L that's why the emeralds spawn in random places across the map - to keep all the players moving, parkouring and fighting away instead of boringly sitting in one spot waiting for the enemy. We could still add a bank, but the emeralds have to have randomized spawning.

- - -

- I love the kits! The ones you suggested are a bit op though I think xD how about this:

Cops Default kit (items you always spawn with):

Knockback I, Sharpness I Stick (renamed to 'Police Baton')
Iron Bar Block (renamed to 'Handcuffs')
& a Splash Potion of Slowness (renamed to 'Pepperspray')

Cop Kits:

Tranquilizer - Bow, 3 arrows of slowness II (20 is waaay too much for a team of only 8 : P)

Trap Detective - 12 string, 4 tripwire hooks, 8 redstone, command block (auto pms the whole cops team that a player has entered X place, depends on location)

^ love the trap kit idea btw :D

Robber Default Kit:

A Splash Potion of Slowness (Renamed 'Skunk Juice')

Robbers Kits:

Healer -
A Splash Potion of Healing (Renamed 'Smuggled Booze')

Sneaky Beaky -
Potion of invisibility (30 seconds)

Distractor -
5 TNT (Only deals 2 hearts of damage to cops but doesn't damage Robbers), 1 Redstone Torch, and a jukebox and a 3 discs (imagine trolling with this xD)
(btw smoke bomb would've been good but smoke usually causes a lot of lag :c)

Boingy Boingy -
Permanent Leaping affect

And no runner kit please! Every robber should get a speed boost in the first minute only to give them a chance to get emeralds and evade the cops, but after that I decided it would be way too OP for the robbers to be permanently faster than the cops.

- - -

- I was thinking the same about a building a big city, good places to hide, lots of buildings, lots of space to run around and lots of ways to add parkour challenges.

- - -

- I can skip this one, read what i put earlier ^^^

- - -

- Not a bad idea but again, it promotes camping and I want to avoid that as much as possible.

- - -

- I feel like once the emeralds have been collected there shoudn't be a way to take them back away from the robbers. It might make things almost impossible if you're the last robber who hasn't been caught with the whole police force chasing after you nd then BOOM they found your stash of emeralds and you have to start collecting 100 all over again :/ that's my opinion anyways

- - -

- I agree with making the buildings and spawn points blend into the city / randomizing it. It'll help keep things fresh :D I'm not sure how hard that would be to code in though.

Thanks a lot for replying, I'm glad you love the idea!

Alos everyone else who responded I appreciate your input! I know it's similiar to HyPixel's game but I think the game mechanics are quite different and unique (although I wouldn't know for sure - I've never played on Hypixel or many other servers).

MooTa

Dedicated Member
Jul 25, 2016
YouTube
yeah you are right !! agree!!~~~ end!!

Just kidding. I don't think we should copy because hypixel already has it :D I don't think player will come to cubecraft just to play that game, since there is the same thing on hypixel.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Members Online

Team online

Latest profile posts

Xi1m wrote on Frontlane's profile.
genius idea frontland
IMG_8850.jpeg
GiGaGekkies wrote on xSchulzis's profile.
Congratulations...
GiGaGekkies wrote on WorriedSkate940's profile.
Congratulations!
GiGaGekkies wrote on Frontlane's profile.
I knew it! Congratulations
W streamer here: @SugaaKat
Top Bottom