Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

DragonSan

Dedicated Member
Sep 1, 2016
yeah you are right !! agree!!~~~ end!!

Just kidding. I don't think we should copy because hypixel already has it :D I don't think player will come to cubecraft just to play that game, since there is the same thing on hypixel.

There are many more reasons to add a game to a server rather than just attracting more players to it. One of them for example is to give current loyal players more of a choice of games to play! They are developing UHC as we speak and that is on a lot of other servers - so with your theory I guess they should just stop developing it right now because it's not original enough :/

MooTa

Dedicated Member
Jul 25, 2016
YouTube
There are many more reasons to add a game to a server rather than just attracting more players to it. One of them for example is to give current loyal players more of a choice of games to play! They are developing UHC as we speak and that is on a lot of other servers - so with your theory I guess they should just stop developing it right now because it's not original enough :/
but I think we should not copy. I think we should make other server copy us.

DragonSan

Dedicated Member
Sep 1, 2016

Fair enough, I understand what you are saying. And of course, you are entitled to your own opinion. Oh and by the way, just to set the record straight I didn't 'copy' this idea xD I thought it up on my own and it just happens to already be a game on HyPixel. As I said earlier, I've never played on HyPixel befor so I didn't even know this game was already a thing.

Reactions: MooTa

DragonSan

Dedicated Member
Sep 1, 2016
meh just voted: ''I don't understand it'' just because I'm neutral about the suggestion.
It's a fun idea but it's simular to Cops and Crims on Highpickle.

I'll change the poll, gimme a sec : P I'm open to any suggestions to make this idea more unique so it stands out from the crowd btw!

Jeff_Bllkth

Forum Expert
Jul 7, 2016
Spain
bit.ly
As other people said, it looks like a copy of Hypixel's game, but...!!! It isn't, this suggestion has more ideas, details and thematic that could turn this game into an "original" game and make it funny (Yes, I liked all I have read).
You have my support!! :D
I would like to see this game on the server.
+1111111

Reactions: DragonSan

Despacito 2

Forum Professional
Dec 6, 2015
My thoughts on this idea:

So as most of you know The Chunk had a game called IronFall and it was a ripoff of TitanFall also a FPS (First Person Shooter). This idea sounds fun but really it's kinda a ripoff of Hypixel and Cops N Robbers the map...
In my opinion I would rather play with Double Jumps, Jetpacks, crazy explosions etc. instead of an normal Shooter were you only shoot and hide...

So I recommend to stay patient and see if Iron Fall gets added and if the game doesn't come then I would use this idea as a Plan B...

AboodPlayz

Dedicated Member
Jun 3, 2016
Earth
Agreed, however, skywars was invented by cubecraft!
i never studied the history of CC, i will ask my history teacher to teach us, (i never knew skywars was made by CC)
- The first idea is awesome, it'd be so cool to break your teammates out from jail! I think it should require a robber to stay and 'Lockpick' the cell for 20 seconds or so to make it tense xD I also think this should be a certain kit you have to buy with points so that it remains a rare thing but awesome when it finally happens : P bonus points, maybe an extra 25? It's a risky move.
maybe as an ability ;) not a kit :D
I like the idea of hostages but i think there's gonna be too many complications. For example what if someone joins the match but is AFK at the start? Or what if people don't realise they have to run to a certain headquarters? Nice thinking though.
you will still participate in the game just have to wait until you have finally reached 100% of transformation (joining a team) but maybe in the hostage room is parkour to keep people entertained
- I was originally thinking of adding a bank xD but then i thought the cops would just camp there for the whole game waiting for the robbers to basically hand themselves over on a silver platter :L that's why the emeralds spawn in random places across the map - to keep all the players moving, parkouring and fighting away instead of boringly sitting in one spot waiting for the enemy. We could still add a bank, but the emeralds have to have randomized spawning.
it could be scattered, which is another thing i like but the entire reason i suggested the 3 kits, the invis one to sneak in, the trap set up to nerf the previous kit, speed kit to run away after collecting the 'jewels', Tranquilizer to slow you down, Distraction to make some cops believe someone is there while a robber sneaks in,
Cops Default kit (items you always spawn with):

Knockback I, Sharpness I Stick (renamed to 'Police Baton')
Iron Bar Block (renamed to 'Handcuffs')
& a Splash Potion of Slowness (renamed to 'Pepperspray')
i like these, but the knockback isn't something u want on there but maybe a custom enchant that is called "reverse knockback" which brings the player hit close instead of further cause you might be helping them, the handcuffs should only be usable if the enemy is 2 blocks away (max), instead of slowness why not blindness? cause that is what it normally does, TBH i love the renames
Trap Detective - 12 string, 4 tripwire hooks, 8 redstone, command block (auto pms the whole cops team that a player has entered X place, depends on location)

^ love the trap kit idea btw :D
btw just a clarification, it doesn't make a trap, just notifies the team that a person has set off the "Alarm", and notifies the person who triggered it "Whoops, should have never set that off, let's hope they did not notice it", + it should have some sort of item to mine these blocks, it might be hard to make it so that it notifies the people where the person set it off so maybe have it as "Person Has Set Off The Alarm In Sector 5, Please Check Immediately" your kit will be numbered (randomly) so wherever u place it doesn't have to notify exactly
-Bonus Kit To Counter This : 1 Shears (named Barb Cutters), Can destroy traps
A Splash Potion of Slowness (Renamed 'Skunk Juice')
again i think this should be blindness as it represents a smoke grenade
Healer -
A Splash Potion of Healing (Renamed 'Smuggled Booze')
I think this kit might need a buff... maybe regen instead ?
5 TNT (Only deals 2 hearts of damage to cops but doesn't damage Robbers), 1 Redstone Torch, and a jukebox and a 3 discs (imagine trolling with this xD)
(btw smoke bomb would've been good but smoke usually causes a lot of lag :c)
lol, i didn't know it was even possible to put smoke in minecraft :p (maybe a custom blindness effect that blinds you only when you are nearby where they set it off)
Permanent Leaping affect

And no runner kit please! Every robber should get a speed boost in the first minute only to give them a chance to get emeralds and evade the cops, but after that I decided it would be way too OP for the robbers to be permanently faster than the cops.
the runner kit was not suppose to be a permanent speed effect, when you drink the potion u get the effect, leaping? i don't see such a good use with this, maybe to parkour on buildings :p but then they will be in an area where cops cannot access
Not a bad idea but again, it promotes camping and I want to avoid that as much as possible.
sorry i lost track of where you started replying to :p
I feel like once the emeralds have been collected there shoudn't be a way to take them back away from the robbers. It might make things almost impossible if you're the last robber who hasn't been caught with the whole police force chasing after you nd then BOOM they found your stash of emeralds and you have to start collecting 100 all over again :/ that's my opinion anyways
yeah.. but again maybe you can free your fellow robbers with the ability :D
I agree with making the buildings and spawn points blend into the city / randomizing it. It'll help keep things fresh :D I'm not sure how hard that would be to code in though.
to make a randomizer thingy you just need hoppers, it will randomly choose one for you, but one problem is it won't be 100% randomized meaning it could either be in area A, C, or G so new maps should be kept being made and replacing old ones (after a while they can bring back the old ones cause little people will remember it :D)
Thanks a lot for replying, I'm glad you love the idea!
Thank you for suggesting this ;)
I don't think we should copy because hypixel already has it :D I don't think player will come to cubecraft just to play that game, since there is the same thing on hypixel.
A 100% people will still join CC for this game because possibly of the new mechanics and maybe new kits, personally me a person who doesn't play hypixel would join the CC's one even if it was 100% the same just because i recognize it more and feel much more comfortable here ;), and btw again even if we had the same game what is the problem with it?
there is no harm of CC copying another server's game, as long as they make their OWN plugins, kits, maps, abilities etc then it is okay but copying everything another server has is something wrong + don't forgot as i stated above Some players will prefer to play on the server they are more comfortable with, a server with better plugins for the game, a server who has it more enjoyable for many reasons, in fact it may attract new people to the server
Fair enough, I understand what you are saying. And of course, you are entitled to your own opinion. Oh and by the way, just to set the record straight I didn't 'copy' this idea xD I thought it up on my own and it just happens to already be a game on HyPixel. As I said earlier, I've never played on HyPixel befor so I didn't even know this game was already a thing.
it could be a coincidence that you thought of it and someone else has aswell maybe even before him yet he wasn't aware of it being a thing

Gainfullterror

Forum Professional
Mar 24, 2016
Breakfast for Dinner Club HQ
www.cubecraft.net
I'm not too sure how this would play out, since there is allot to take in consideration, but I think that the cops have the advantage after the first few minutes as they have a decent weapon (Spammable sharp stick of death and destruction) while the robbers have none (If nobody has a kit).
And the robbers could possible also find a place to camp / hide all game to win.

Reactions: DragonSan

DragonSan

Dedicated Member
Sep 1, 2016
I'm not too sure how this would play out, since there is allot to take in consideration, but I think that the cops have the advantage after the first few minutes as they have a decent weapon (Spammable sharp stick of death and destruction) while the robbers have none (If nobody has a kit).
And the robbers could possible also find a place to camp / hide all game to win.

The idea of the game was to make it so cops were something to be feared and to run away from, so I didn't want to give the robbers any weapons in order to fight back. This way they have to concentrate on running away and being good at parkour (as well as hiding) in order to stay alive, which I think would make a interesting/tense game of cat & mouse :D

The only way i can think the robbers would be able to camp is to find a ladder or ledge and just keep hitting the cops back down as they try to climb up, but with some decent map design I think this situation can be avoided.

Thanks for replying btw!

Reactions: Gainfullterror

AboodPlayz

Dedicated Member
Jun 3, 2016
Earth
You should've chosen the CM-profile; Cubecraft and Minecraft!
at my school i cannot choose my classes or what we study :(
nice idea! +1
i think this is considered necro posting which is against the rules...
maybe an alternative is something with durability so the cops have to use it wisely ;)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Members Online

Latest profile posts

AnolTongi wrote on Kloska's profile.
Happy birthday Klosk!!!!!
Wishing you a fun weekend 💛
Basketman wrote on Kloska's profile.
Since I know you like these AI images:
Here is one for your Birthday Tim, enjoy this day!
1714740689209.png
marshduck11 wrote on Kloska's profile.
Happy birthday fellow duck!
Top Bottom