Minecraft PC IP: play.cubecraft.net

BringMeTheHorizon ♠

Forum Expert
Mar 29, 2017
United Stairs of America
Hello everyone!~ CubeCraft added a new Experimental EggWars! Yay!... Or wait...
What is the new Experimental Eggwars, you ask? Well, it's basically eggwars, without a void. Sounds simple.

General thoughts and feedback: It's bad.
  • BUT HORizoON why IS IT baD?

Okay, you might not agree with me, and I will say this again, you might not agree, these are my personal thoughts, and Alex'.

• New game mode: Maps - thoughts & feedback.

-The volcano map: the volcano map is terrible due to not being flat and since it's not flat then PvP is just annoying in general.
The volcano map is generally quite an annoying place to PvP in, looking at the amount of obstacles it has. I don't have much to say about this one, it's not too annoying for me. Alex might have a different opinion // more to add about this.

-The Mario map: Remove the water and the obstacles. Replace water with blue stained glass.

The Mario map is quite annoying. The game is honestly Overpowered, because you gain more gapples and gear than you lose in a fight. Which makes it so you go on forever, until someone gets bored.
2018-09-06_19.10.12.png

As you can see, a level 3 gold generator, right in front of the villager. Another thing about this map that's very annoying: The water.

Water PvP is the most annoying and obnoxious type of PvP you can play. Unless you're in 1.13... in which most players are probably on 1.9+; even if, it'd be quite a disadvantage for 1.9-1.12.2 players.

Solution: Replace the water is blue stained glass. Quite an easy one. Not entirely sure about the level 3 gold gen though; maybe make it level 1-2? It's pretty OP, because you can just go back to it, buy new armor // gapples, and then continue to fight, as if nothing ever happened. The only way one can die is if they mess up, didn't notice something or they just got bored; but in the case of a typical tryhard, that never happens.
@HackersDontWin should have a video showing how frustrating it is to fight tryhards in this map, and how obnoxious it is to fight in the water, if you don't already know.

• New game mode - General feedback.

Other than annoying maps, I kinda like this new game mode. I just don't like the maps. Other than that, it's rather great, and I enjoy it. It's like money walls, except without walls.

Personally, I prefer this experimental game mode over the double eggs one.

New conspiracy: This game mode was a rip off from money walls, but without any walls.

• New game mode - Bugs.

So there are bugs, of course. I'm just gonna talk about them really quick, it's a new game mode, so of course there'll be bugs: don't get me wrong, I'm not complaining. I'm just mentioning them.
Bugs seem to only happen on the Volcano map...
First bug, is I don't seem to get teleported to the actual game; I need to physically kill myself by jumping into the void, for me to get teleported to the actual base I'm supposed to go to. I still get my kit items, and my hunger is normal; I don't take fall damage, and I don't get teleported. (I can also still vote xd)
While writing this thread, it's been my 5th time not teleporting to the base...

Second bug I'mma address, is the bug where my friend got teleported to the enemy base. Overall, seems like all current bugs we experience, are teleporting bugs.
2018-09-06_19.25.41.png

2018-09-06_19.26.22.png

So far, that's all.
Thanks for reading~

Reactions: HackersDontWin

Camezonda

Release Manager/Team Ops 🏳️‍🌈
Team CubeCraft
💙 Admin Team
Jul 23, 2015
Manchester
twitter.com
Pronouns
He/They
Hey, just to mention the purpose of the high generator levels and the water. In our testing sessions, teams were getting rushed instantly and the games just weren't fun. So we increased the levels of the starting gens to 2 and 3, to allow players to obtain blocks, food, tools and armour as well as obsidian to protect themselves and their egg before they are rushed. Yes people can get a lot of golden apples and armour fast, but that's the sacrifice to not have games end instantly which can be upsetting to players for being rushed. And people will get that OP even without all the high level generators, as people will upgrade them themselves anyway. I made most of the gold generators level 3 to allow people to get obsidian easier to protect their egg, but I'm going to reduce them to level 2 now, to avoid long games.

Now as for the water, this is to slow down the players. Without the water, lava and walls etc, it would just be like Survival Games. We need to balance the removal of the Void with other risks. The water and lava just add more challenges into the game, and add different attack strategies and to allow players to possibly escape from dying.

Hope this clears some things up :D

Lezappen

Forum Expert
Jan 30, 2016
Toulouse (France)
@Camezonda While playing I've found that hollow caves and cavities are also fun, trapping players in there can either be an escape strategy or a way to temporarily disable an enemy team.
Yes, fights can last for a long time with gold apples but I've never been in a game that has lasted longer than a normal eggwars game.

Maybe double the gold apple price?

Members Online

Team online

Members online

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Reesle wrote on __obektev__'s profile.
Welcome to the Official Cubecraft Forums! Hope you enjoy your time here :)
Reesle wrote on Otherworld's profile.
Cool banner!
LitDs have been about the normal, human-to-human relationships in the world, so there's a lot of ideas that I want to write, that are not so grand or lore-focused.

But I don't really want to write anymore.

I literally went through today with no motivation to do ANYTHING... help me.
This past week has seriously been the worst. Terrible things keep happening one after the other.
I have no motivation to write (as well as a bunch of things that I need to get done). However, I have this random plot idea of a new LitD. Two characters who are rivals in many cooking competitions throughout their lives but one of them is in love with the other.

1716070529301.png
Top Bottom