Discussion in 'EggWars' started by TP_Mees, Jan 21, 2020.
Yeah but the 10v10 maps would come more often and the smaller maps would come less
oh yes what about 7vs7 or 8vs8 or 9vs9? Like people will nolife it for wins but if you are in a big party you can play those maps and if you are stone rank and you joined a fast map just leave and it will join another because it fills fast! Also people will get motivated to play that map same with me if they add some new maps i'll play it alot for the 10k
That would be a pitty!
+1 At worst replace Rome or Mansion since these are really old
What's bad about competition?
On CubeCraft, there are a lot of players who just play very casually.
With 'competition', I mean tryhard parties who try to play maps that are made so it's very easy to farm wins. They do this, to get their stats improved or get on the leaderboard. Probably also for fun, but I'm pretty sure the server would be better without these. It ruines the experience for new players since they get no chance of wining if the opposite team has such a party. If CubeCraft decides to add more 10v10's (or any other map like 9v9, 8v8, ect.) they benefit a very small group of players of CubeCraft, and this would be disadvantageous for the amount of daily players on the server.
I got 2 new map submissions coming soon that you may be interested in that is NOT 10v10.
I agree completely with more 10v10 maps being added.
Not really, I think the maps are good enough.
I agree with JustGamePlay! They're good enough they have been like this for awhile, we know the map layouts.
They're fine the way they are in my opinion!
Hey, this is quite an interesting topic
I can see from the vote, people are very mixed on this subject. Personally I'm for the yes, as I'm not overly keen on EggWars, as the games can last over an hour! I typically only want to play for 5 or 10 mins. 10 v 10 maps are very quick and perfect for the casual player experience. Gonna sum up a lot of responses I've seen with some of my own opinions.
- Good experience for a casual player
- If you have a big party 6-8, makes it easier to join a game and all be on the same team
- Different gameplay style to a typical EggWars game
- Could do 8 v 8 or 10 v 10 or 12 v 12, not restricted to 10 v 10. I've always liked trying new concepts with map design to try and change the game. Although that can be a terrible philosophy when it comes to leaderboards as everything needs to be equal and balanced.
- Due to fast nature of the game, ends up in players farming for wins
- The leaderboards are imbalanced already due to the versus maps.
- Big parties will always win over an average player in no party
So there are good and bad reasons to add it, I'm still for the yes though personally.
can 10x10 be considered a special gamemode and have his own leaderboard?
Thats a no for me. Currently Rome and Mansion (10vs10) and Orc (9vs9) are farming maps (wins/exp) in big partys and it gets a boring that way. Adding another 10vs10 map would make it more comfortable for these people and more difficult for no party teams to win