Minecraft PC IP: play.cubecraft.net

What suggestion do you agree with?

• Total voters
D

Deleted member 347571

Introduction
Necroposting is basically a rule where you can't revive a thread that is older than 3 weeks. That is nice and all but i have 2 suggestions regarding to necroposting.

Suggestions
Sometimes when i am scrolling through threads i am not paying attention whether i am necroposting or not because i am mostly just trying to give my opinion on threads or try to help where i can. So maybe Cubecraft could make a make an alert before you are going to post something so you can always see if it would be necroposting or not. This message would basically prevent people from accidentally reviving old threads but also prevent people to do it on purpose. I added a picture of how it would look like.

My other suggestion is very simple, what if a thread is never answerred correctly? This would mean someone their question is not answerred, i would basically let people still give the answer they need if it is like 4 weeks old. I would not see why it would be a big deal if this happened, the person in need would get the help he deserves.

Credits to @Zeobitz_ for the second suggestion: https://www.cubecraft.net/threads/suggestion-regarding-necroposts.264780/

Let me know what you think! (:

Attachments

• Screenshot_20210322-001047_Chrome.jpg
    Screenshot_20210322-001047_Chrome.jpg
    153.9 KB · Views: 140

heavenly55

Jan 28, 2021
United States
Hi Sammiee,

I agree with both of your suggestions because of the following reasons:

Suggestions
Sometimes when i am scrolling through threads i am not paying attention whether i am necroposting or not because i am mostly just trying to give my opinion on threads or try to help where i can. So maybe Cubecraft could make a make an alert before you are going to post something so you can always see if it would be necroposting or not. This message would basically prevent people from accidentally reviving old threads but also prevent people to do it on purpose. I added a picture of how it would look like.

My other suggestion is very simple, what if a thread is never answerred correctly? This would mean someone their question is not answerred, i would basically let people still give the answer they need if it is like 4 weeks old. I would not see why it would be a big deal if this happened, the person in need would get the help he deserves.

1.) As you mentioned, players may be unaware of whether or not they are necroposting (especially if they are new to the forums)
2.) Some users may want to provide an updated/satisfactory response to older threads
3.) This might reduce the redundancy of starting a new identical thread, and rather add to the existing discussion
4.) There is some discrepancy between the 3 week timeframe for people from different timezones.

Another option could be to automatically lock the thread and not allow any posts after 3 weeks.

I understand the necroposting can be annoying, but there are a few exceptions to this. There might be a few scenarios where there's a reason for it, rather than just trolling. I'd suggest adding a comments section to the warning, so that players can explain why they are necroposting, and staff can have an easier time moderating this.

qMelonn

Novice Member
Jan 15, 2021
Canada
I like this idea, although I think it would be even better to just disallow the replies completely.

Necroposting is against the rules in any scenario, so they shouldn't give people the option IMO. I understand the argument though, where a question may be unanswered after 3 weeks...that is a very, very rare occasion. In fact, I don't think I've ever seen one unanswered after that time. If it is somehow still unanswered, they are allowed to make another post about it. But again, it is super rare. There are lots of helpful members and staff members reading each forum every day.

This is just my opinion though :D

_mightykiwi

Mar 14, 2021
John's Kiwi Farm
www.zespri.com
Introduction
Necroposting is basically a rule where you can't revive a thread that is older than 3 weeks. That is nice and all but i have 2 suggestions regarding to necroposting.

Suggestions

Credits to @Zeobitz_ for the second suggestion: https://www.cubecraft.net/threads/suggestion-regarding-necroposts.264780/

Let me know what you think! (:
I think a "warning" would be a good addition, I don't pay attention to the dates and accidentally post something under a thread from 2 years ago, I think it would take away a lot of work for the staff if there would indeed be a warning (then they don't have to indicate that it is not allowed).

My solution : It's simple, just don't make it possible anymore to react on threads older than 3 weeks, just make it possible to read them.

D

Deleted member 347571

i honestly dont get why they still havent fixed anything to prevent necroposting from happening this often, despite the many suggestions. both suggestions are great for sure! although i question if most people
I think a "warning" would be a good addition, I don't pay attention to the dates and accidentally post something under a thread from 2 years ago, I think it would take away a lot of work for the staff if there would indeed be a warning (then they don't have to indicate that it is not allowed).

My solution : It's simple, just don't make it possible anymore to react on threads older than 3 weeks, just make it possible to read them.

I like this idea, although I think it would be even better to just disallow the replies completely.

Necroposting is against the rules in any scenario, so they shouldn't give people the option IMO. I understand the argument though, where a question may be unanswered after 3 weeks...that is a very, very rare occasion. In fact, I don't think I've ever seen one unanswered after that time. If it is somehow still unanswered, they are allowed to make another post about it. But again, it is super rare. There are lots of helpful members and staff members reading each forum every day.

This is just my opinion though :D

Hi Sammiee,

I agree with both of your suggestions because of the following reasons:

1.) As you mentioned, players may be unaware of whether or not they are necroposting (especially if they are new to the forums)
2.) Some users may want to provide an updated/satisfactory response to older threads
3.) This might reduce the redundancy of starting a new identical thread, and rather add to the existing discussion
4.) There is some discrepancy between the 3 week timeframe for people from different timezones.

Another option could be to automatically lock the thread and not allow any posts after 3 weeks.

I understand the necroposting can be annoying, but there are a few exceptions to this. There might be a few scenarios where there's a reason for it, rather than just trolling. I'd suggest adding a comments section to the warning, so that players can explain why they are necroposting, and staff can have an easier time moderating this.
Thanks for giving your opinions!

I agree, if necroposting is such an issue, why leave it be and not do anything about it? Its almost like putting up no fire-preventing measures for a flat, arresting the person who lit it on fire but not suing the flat builder for bad design
my suggestion is to make the title of older threads red,k just like new threads are blue
This would also work, i guess they could see how they want to prevent it. Thanks for replying!

pieterpeer

May 3, 2020
The Netherlands
I fully agree with you but there have been many suggestions like this before with no effect so I'm afraid there won't be any change anytime soon.

I think the main reason for them to not implement an auto-lock feature is because the rule does not apply to news posts, games, map submissions or introduction threads. There is currently not really a way to distinguish these threads from any other thread, so auto-locking every thread older than 3 weeks wouldn't work without any option to add some sort of flag to a thread to show that the thread is one of these allowed thread types. Apart from that, I don't think they develop any feature on the forums by themselves, but by a third party company. I'm not sure about that one but that could also be a reason.

I personally don't see anything wrong with some sort of warning that could show up though. A warning could make people aware of the fact that a thread hasn't been active for over 3 weeks while still allowing people to reply for situations in which it is allowed to reply (because of the exceptions I talked about).

D

Deleted member 347571

I fully agree with you but there have been many suggestions like this before with no effect so I'm afraid there won't be any change anytime soon.

I think the main reason for them to not implement an auto-lock feature is because the rule does not apply to news posts, games, map submissions or introduction threads. There is currently not really a way to distinguish these threads from any other thread, so auto-locking every thread older than 3 weeks wouldn't work without any option to add some sort of flag to a thread to show that the thread is one of these allowed thread types. Apart from that, I don't think they develop any feature on the forums by themselves, but by a third party company. I'm not sure about that one but that could also be a reason.

I personally don't see anything wrong with some sort of warning that could show up though. A warning could make people aware of the fact that a thread hasn't been active for over 3 weeks while still allowing people to reply for situations in which it is allowed to reply (because of the exceptions I talked about).
Hello!

I fully agree with your opinion, thanks for sharing it. (;

Members Online

Team online

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Xi1m wrote on TheOrderOfSapphire's profile.
:3🍜
TheOrderOfSapphire wrote on thejumboyt's profile.
Welcome to the forums! I hope you will like it here!:D
Top Bottom