Minecraft PC IP: play.cubecraft.net

Suggestion 1: Name requesting

• No, I don't want this feature

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Yes, for ranked members only (From rank X and up)

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters

Josher

Forum Expert
Sep 1, 2015
Belgium
Hello everybody,
It’s been a while since I created my last suggestion thread, but here I am again! :-]

Today I will be presenting 2 features for Plus subscribers or for ranked members who linked their account to the forums! ^-^

(or eventually for all forum users, but I’ll explain why I think this wouldn’t be a good option).

Feature 1:
Name Requesting

Currently, a lot of people are using names here on the forums which many other people would love to have as well, but the problem is, that 90% of those who have the names now, already left the forums and therefore don't really
can enjoy them. (Well in theory, they can, but... :/ )

That's why I'm suggesting to make 'Name Requesting' a feature for people who have a Minecraft account with Plus subscription or a Minecraft account with e.g. Obsidian rank (I don't know which rank it should be if it won't become a feature for Plus subscribers only) linked to their forum account.
The reason I said I think it wouldn't be a good option to make this feature available for every forum user is because the staff team of CubeCraft will have to deal with A-LOT of requests, maybe even so much it will become one of their main tasks, and that's not the intention of this suggestion, of course.

(That's also the reason I think it would be the best to make it only available for Plus subscribers, but if you guys have another opinion about this, feel free to let me know and vote for it in the poll ^-^).

I do understand that we can not just take the 'OG' forum names away from people who are still a kind of active and that's why I made a flow chart, which could be used to indicate the criterion needed to get the name you request:

name-requesting-ccg-1.png

Keep in mind that this is just an example of what could be used as the criterion.

(A pretty solid example in my opinion, but still, it could definitely be improved, I think !)

I also already thought about the way it could be implemented into the forum itself. ;)
I think, in the case it will only be available for Plus subscribers, it would just be the easiest and also the clearest way to just add a sub-forum in the Plus categorie here on the forums:

IMG_3222.jpg

And in the case it would be a feature for ranked (and linked) Minecraft accounts or for every forum user,
an extra button with the flow chart underneath could appear, when going to: Profile --> Change Username.

Schermafbeelding 2018-12-14 om 12.44.35.png

(Plz don't blame me for my editing 'skills' :C )

Okay, I think I said everything I wanted to say and explain about this possible feature, onto the next one! :P

Feature 2:
Personal Signatures
To be completely honest, I already suggested this one before (and it got escalated), but I suggested it back in the time when Minecraft account linking and the Plus subscription weren't a thing.
I think this suggestion has even more potential when it comes as a feature for Plus subscribers who linked their Minecraft account or for (ranked) members who linked their forum account.
Again, I don't think it would be a good option to make this available to every all forum users as this would cost more loading time for phone users or people with a slow internet connection. And, I also think there has to be at least
a sort of bonus for people who link their Minecraft account to the forums (and have a rank).

How it works:

Go to: Profile --> Signature --> There, you will find an option to be able to upload pictures in their signature, which is only accessible for Plus subscribers/ (ranked) members
BUT only pictures with the exact same size as the normal signature surface will be allowed (I thought this was 800x160). This is to avoid that the signatures will become a huge mess.

pOLMPOLI.png

Here's an easy example of how such a signature could look like:

IMG_3231.JPG

(I know this picture doesn't have the surface of a normal signature, please don't mind that for now.)

Okay, that's it for today! :-]
Thank you very much for taking the time to go trough this suggesting ^-^
Don't forget to vote in the poll above, and if you have any possible improvements/ opinions about this suggestion, feel free to let me know! :D

~ Josher

user947836

Novice Member
Aug 24, 2017
Nice flowchart you made. I get your idea, but if someone once claimed a name, he is the equitable owner of that name/account. And maybe he just wants to keep his account even if he wasn't onine for more than 2 years.

Reactions: Josher and Buuuddy

Josher

Forum Expert
Sep 1, 2015
Belgium
I don’t like permanent consequences from something limited time.
What do you mean ?
I don’t get the second suggestion.
Well, basically I suggested to add an extra option to the ‘signature option bar’ (<— idk how to call it xD, but it’s this:

43D18EC0-F22B-4768-9E5C-CD17E067F441.jpeg

And this option allows you to add a picture to your signature, but the picture can only have the exact same size of the max. surface of the current signatures. (which of I think it is 800x160)
So this means everybody who wants a picture in their signature, has to have one which is 800x160 ( = a banner).

I hope I made it more clear now...?

Nice flowchart you made. I get your idea, but if someone once claimed a name, he is the equitable owner of that name/account. And maybe he just wants to keep his account even if he wasn't onine for more than 2 years.
Thanks ^-^
And yes, I understand it would be a pitty for the original name owners if they ever come back to the forums, but I mean, how small is the chance they will come back after being gone for 2 years...
Or After being gone for 1,5 year without he/she even posted a single message...

I kinda ‘stole’ this idea from another forum, and there it works perfectly... (no trouble at all)
So I don’t think it will cause that much of a drama ot something...

Last edited:

Juskebat

Dedicated Member
May 18, 2017
The Netherlands
www.cubecraft.net
What do you mean ?

Well, basically I suggested to add an extra option to the ‘signature option bar’ (<— idk how to call it xD, but it’s this:

View attachment 150107
And this option allows you to add a picture to your signature, but the picture can only have the exact same size of the max. surface of the current signatures. (which of I think it is 800x160)
So this means everybody who wants a picture in their signature, has to have one which is 800x160 ( = a banner).

I hope I made it more clear now...?

Thanks ^-^
And yes, I understand it would be a pitty for the original name owners if they ever come back to the forums, but I mean, how small is the chance they will come back after being gone 2 years...
Or After being gone 1,5 year without he/she even posted a single message...

I kinda ‘stole’ this idea from another forum, and there it works perfectly... (no trouble at all)
So I don’t think it will cause that much of a drama ot something...
So I can paste my signature to a thread? Why would I do that?

Permanent consequences (changing forums name) for something limited time (plus rank).

Josher

Forum Expert
Sep 1, 2015
Belgium
So I can paste my signature to a thread? Why would I do that?
9D3C2D14-DFAF-4820-A8B3-6091F0B212D3.jpeg

^ You’re doing it right now... x_X
But pictures (banners) are just way cleaner and cooler in my opinion...
Permanent consequences (changing forums name) for something limited time (plus rank).
Yeah, that’s why I added voting options such as ‘rank X or up are required’ and ‘every forum user should be able to do this’

But in my opinion, Plus is still the best option as it would definitely convince me to buy at least one month of Plus (just so I could be able to do this name changing thing).
And if I really enjoy the Plus subscription, I could stay subscriber if you know what I mean...

Juskebat

Dedicated Member
May 18, 2017
The Netherlands
www.cubecraft.net
View attachment 150108
^ You’re doing it right now... x_X
But pictures (banners) are just way cleaner and cooler in my opinion...

Yeah, that’s why I added voting options such as ‘rank X or up are required’ and ‘every forum user should be able to do this’

But in my opinion, Plus is still the best option as it would definitely convince me to buy at least one month of Plus (just so I could be able to do this name changing thing).
And if I really enjoy the Plus subscription, I could stay subscriber if you know what I mean...
I still don’t get the signature thing.

Members Online

Team online

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Basketman wrote on Eli's profile.
Favourite how to tame a dragon movie, shoot.
Reesle wrote on ii6xxq's profile.
Welcome to the Official Cubecraft Forums!! Hope you enjoy your stay :)
Reesle wrote on Lucaatjee's profile.
Happy Birthday! 🎈
Matriox wrote on Kloska's profile.
day x
99th_DutchScary wrote on UncleSpect's profile.
Thanks for the follow! 💖
Top Bottom