Minecraft PC IP: play.cubecraft.net
Status
Not open for further replies.

rhinoscooter1

Oct 20, 2013
Co. Wicklow, Ireland
it was also around £800 to build.
mine can do around 1500fps w/ optifine and I built it for £1500 (I think)
soz for double post! :p
FUN FACT: the frames are practically the same after 40-60 fps.

Custom windows operating systems are different as they are built by you and you can choose the ram, memory etc.
buying a normal windows 8.1 or another windows computer would be completely different.

wriggo12345

Dec 22, 2013
FUN FACT: the frames are practically the same after 40-60 fps.

Custom windows operating systems are different as they are built by you and you can choose the ram, memory etc.
buying a normal windows 8.1 or another windows computer would be completely different.
but when you're using the 40-60fps as a benchmark in an argument there is a massive difference

you just proved yourself wrong, gg

Pedr_Davies

Aug 24, 2014
Murica
I reply to someone in the same manner they write to me. If you swear when talking to me, I swear when talking to you.

Issue with that is that 90% of the time it downloads windows "generic" drivers, as they call it, and, a side effect of those is that they're built generically, for any hardware, and, by doing so, cut the performance of specific components down since they don't know how to address all of it.

And I praise them for doing so. UNIX is a wonderful thing, it accepts instructions similar to how Linux does, and is _really_ stable, hence why Apple brags about it in they're press conferences, but you never see Microsoft brag about MS-DOS, ever noticed that? :p
So, I don't consider it a "piece of shit" because it runs on Unix, I thank them for doing so.

Also, based on your way of thinking, every car manufacturer out there is also a "piece of shit" because they use wheels made by Good Year, Continental, Pirelli or others, I mean, they should have built they're own, right? Totally.

Right, so you are making an argument over the fact that Macs are "pieces of shit" and you never owned one? Right, on what basis are you saying that then? On the basis that you went to Apple.com and saw the price tags, looked in your pockets and found only a few cents, then got mad at them because you're poor?

No, I'm just seeing that you're pulling stuff out of nowhere to make Macs have a bad appearance, and half of the things you say aren't true, hence me defending Macs.

Right, thats Java, not OSX, Java is a coding language, the company that makes it (Oracle) has created various implementations of it for each OS, but again, its a separate thing, not controlled directly by Apple, but by Oracle, so complain to them.

This is like complaining that a street car is bad because you're trying to run it off road and its getting stuck.

Just go to the Java security settings, which you can easily find in your system preferences (on any operating system) after you installed Java.

Is that also considering that you have to download an antivirus, keep it updated, and then still get a virus because your antivirus does not have it in its databases? ( lol )

Quality is present in the way everything is implemented. The CPU may be an Intel processor that other non-mac systems integrate as well, but the quality is there when it comes to aesthetics, airflow, materials in which the computer is built with, MacBook Pro's for example have a full aluminum body, which, while making them more resistant to strain, also is a heat conductor, and also is the entire body of the computer, by doing so, MacBooks weight less, because all the components are held together by the casing, and not by some other body inside it, which then would have to be covered in plastic, like 90% of the windows based laptops out there do it.

And thats just one of the many quality design choices that go into a Mac.

Right, 5000 USD can get you a 3.5GHz 6-Core Intel Xeon E5, 16GB of DDR3 ECC memory, Dual AMD FirePro D500 graphics processors, SSD's and whatnot. That all is just a copy paste of the specs of 3999USD Mac Pro. https://www.apple.com/mac-pro/specs/

So, please get your specs right before posting. :)

Also, again if this is all a complaint because of money, then perhaps you should get a job, you know? :p
Uh, I do have a job YA KNOW. Some people don't have money they can just fling around when they an get the same thing cheaper.

Those computers are. not. quality. They are the same thing I could build if I wanted to.

Updating isn't a problem if you use Avira, neither is it not finding a virus.

You don't have to do that on windows. You can just ignore it.

I know Unix is is a wonderful thing but they could have built it from scratch. If Mr. Billy Steve can do it Mr. Steve Jobs Billy Gates can too.

I don't see where you get they are slowing performance. With each new update to AMDs drivers my computer gains a average of 10 - to 20 more fps on Minecraft with beta 14.7. Before I was only getting 60 FPS on highest settings and now I get 100 - 200 FPS thanks to there updates.

I don't just look at prices. My friend has a Mac and he always complains about performance. His parents washed $1200 down the drain for a horrible computer but "Its quality".

There Airflow are building material isn't anything. I have 2 fans in my computer not even running at %10 and this computer never overheated. The material is also metal on most computer. My computer literally feels like one of those factory's with the super thick metal but again "When you buy a Mac your paying for quality :P"

This is getting no where. Lets just establish there equal cause i'm sick of checking this very 2 days.

Marta

🦊 🐾 🏳️‍🌈
Team CubeCraft
💙 Admin Team
Oct 19, 2013
Manchester, UK.
marcoslater.com
Uh, I do have a job YA KNOW. Some people don't have money they can just fling around when they an get the same thing cheaper.

Those computers are. not. quality. They are the same thing I could build if I wanted to.

Updating isn't a problem if you use Avira, neither is it not finding a virus.

You don't have to do that on windows. You can just ignore it.

I know Unix is is a wonderful thing but they could have built it from scratch. If Mr. Billy Steve can do it Mr. Steve Jobs Billy Gates can too.

I don't see where you get they are slowing performance. With each new update to AMDs drivers my computer gains a average of 10 - to 20 more fps on Minecraft with beta 14.7. Before I was only getting 60 FPS on highest settings and now I get 100 - 200 FPS thanks to there updates.

I don't just look at prices. My friend has a Mac and he always complains about performance. His parents washed $1200 down the drain for a horrible computer but "Its quality".

There Airflow are building material isn't anything. I have 2 fans in my computer not even running at %10 and this computer never overheated. The material is also metal on most computer. My computer literally feels like one of those factory's with the super thick metal but again "When you buy a Mac your paying for quality :p"

This is getting no where. Lets just establish there equal cause i'm sick of checking this very 2 days.

If Mr. Billy Steve can do it Mr. Steve Jobs Billy Gates can too.

You have something wrong in you when it comes to addressing people. Steve Jobs. Bill Gates.

Since you can build it too, I want to see you melt together a full aluminum body without setting your house on fire, once you've done that, I aint going to say anything.

Lol, "with each new update", so they don't ship a fully performing driver with the computer by default? Did they get bored and forgot to do it or what?

My friend has a Mac and he always complains about performance.

Probably cause he doesn't know what he's doing. "This Ferrari isn't fast! Its not going at the advertised speeds of 250KM/h! I popped it in first gear and it still won't go to those speeds! First gear is for first class speeds right? Thats how it works.. right?... right?!"

I have 2 fans in my computer not even running at %10 and this computer never overheated. The material is also metal on most computer. My computer literally feels like one of those factory's with the super thick metal but again "When you buy a Mac your paying for quality :p"

I'm guessing yours isn't a laptop though. :) Its a whole other story.

Alright then. From what I gathered I have a nice Mac, and you must have a computer from Star Treck, as it seems its always better then anyone else's on this forum.

LINUX FTW !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! (and yes halo...yes)

Why the "and yes halo...yes" ? Everyone knows I love Linux.

FLYING_PIANO66

Jan 30, 2014
[QUOTE="Why the "and yes halo...yes" ? Everyone knows I love Linux.[/QUOTE]

Because yesterday you were talking about the fact that Mac And Linux share the same core...and I was expecting that explanation again xD

Status
Not open for further replies.
Members Online

Latest profile posts

GiGaGekkies wrote on tanjaroea677's profile.
Happy Birthday
Playing SkyBlock with my boyfriend almost feels like therapy. Just chilling around and finishing quests :))))
Basketman wrote on Xi1m's profile.
Thanks for the follow Pro Rocket player.
JokeKaedee wrote on tanjaroea677's profile.
Happy birthday <3
With the Java map rotations happening soon, there is a possibility of new maps coming to Bedrock shortly after!
Top Bottom