Minecraft PC IP: play.cubecraft.net

Lezappen

Forum Expert
Jan 30, 2016
Toulouse (France)
TLDR: Fix Gameplay Speed Of Skywars.

Skywars isn't what it used to be, all the problems that used to be in the older versions of skywars were fixed with the update, loot being unfair, the overpowered sharpness 2 iron sword kit, and other changes but I'll be focussing on what, in my opinion made the gameplay go from one extreme to another, the changes that were implemented that "fixed" camping.

Changes that fixed camping/long games:
- Islands are closer than they used too.
- chest refills
- Loot has been equalized
- Over abundance of building materials in chests
- No Projectiles mode.
- Enderpearl kit

Each individual change above is very good in it's own way but the combination of all those changes, have drastically changed the flow of the gameplay from one extreme to another.
ImageSpeedometer.png

I don't like skywars as much as I used to... it's too rush based and the maps have basically become team pvp arenas.
The changes made during the update made to reduce the big problem of camping have been way too overkill, so I created this thread to know if my opinion is shared?

Maps have a lot less void, large pvp areas and very few "open" spaces means that it is very easy to go from one side of the map to another, meaning that old strategies such as trapping, tnt boosting are now rendered obsolete. With the addition of No projectiles mode and the enderpearl kit, going to mid by tnt boosting is now no longer an option. Trapping people is a lot harder, the whole depth of the game has been affected by this, there is one way to win the game and that is to kill people with the sword or knock them in the void, there is no room for other strategies.
In case the map changes didn't kill tnt boosting... I don't want to mention the enderpearl kit...
To put it simply it is defined by the amount of possible paths that are available to reach a certain goal (winning condition)
The more strategies the game has to offer to accomplish it's goals, the more "depth" it has. This is important as it keeps players interested and avoids the game feeling like it's always the same.
In a game that has a nice depth, usually the better thinker is the better player, not the mindless rushers.
Game starts, Rush mid / side island, loot/kill => win.
I have not seen any other strategy recently that is as effective as this one, and it gets tedious and boring.
So, yes I am pointing out a problem that I personally have been facing for a few weeks now and is the main reason I have moved over to eggwars.

Skywars isn't about FFA and surviving amongst lots of other players at once, more of a gamemode that leaves space for strategical gameplay as much as rushing is possible, it should be less advantageous to rush, a 1v1v1v1v1 on an intermediate island like that shouldn't be a thing.

I won't point out a problem without actually making a suggestion to fix it though:
For future maps: have a minimum of 8 blocks between islands/semi-islands, this gives a nice amount of time to regen betweens fights, I really believe, and have also noticed that the distance between islands sets the pace of the game.

Decrease the amount of blocks in the block stacks when they spawn in chests.
Apparently people like No Projectiles so I'm not going to touch that topic here.

Increase the delay before getting the first enderpearl in the enderpearl kit.

Sophie

Forum Professional
May 1, 2014
Arendine Sink
All of these issues can be fixed by having more diverse maps. Perhaps the build team could focus on some larger maps in the future. I personally hate the maps where bridges are pre-built (except dino!), but can avoid this problem by just not playing them.

Power Ranger

Forum Professional
Apr 20, 2016
The ♡
www.cubecraft.net
The only thing I really don't like about the latest skywars update is how nearly every game is now No Projectiles. I don't like the mode and people just tower upwards to escape fights and it just causing more camping than before. No Projectiles mode just feels like a speed eggwars game to me except you get all the gear immediately.

Trapping and TnT jumping seem just as viable of options for winning the game as they were before to me. They were always just ways to play the game to have some fun but most of the time you would fail compared to PvPing. Skywars never really had more than one way of reliably winning it seemed to me. At least before you had the option of using bows/snowballs instead of swords.

ItsDavey_

Forum Expert
Nov 23, 2014
the Netherlands
I agree with you. I’m still not happy with the update, because it looks to similair to other maps from other servers. (My opinion).
I would stick something to it
Add the secret chests back. I’m not asking much just add it back.

Reactions: TheBrownster

TheBrownster

Forum Expert
Jun 10, 2016
A Pasture
I agree with some things, but overall, I really enjoyed the recent update.
I think:
  • The mid/submids should be broken up more and further apart on a few maps (not all), like you said.
  • The pearl delay for the kit should be increased, maybe another minute
  • The block stacks seem to be fine, up until later chests where you get 50 bazillion stacks, that could be reduced
  • 10/10 would love secret chests back like Davey said
I honestly love how much more rush heavy skywars is, but it can be a bit much. Not enough maps that compliment other play styles.

AFreakingCookie (Hank)

Dedicated Member
Apr 3, 2016
TLDR: Fix Gameplay Speed Of Skywars.

Skywars isn't what it used to be, all the problems that used to be in the older versions of skywars were fixed with the update, loot being unfair, the overpowered sharpness 2 iron sword kit, and other changes but I'll be focussing on what, in my opinion made the gameplay go from one extreme to another, the changes that were implemented that "fixed" camping.

Changes that fixed camping/long games:
- Islands are closer than they used too.
- chest refills
- Loot has been equalized
- Over abundance of building materials in chests
- No Projectiles mode.
- Enderpearl kit

Each individual change above is very good in it's own way but the combination of all those changes, have drastically changed the flow of the gameplay from one extreme to another.
View attachment 141282
I don't like skywars as much as I used to... it's too rush based and the maps have basically become team pvp arenas.
The changes made during the update made to reduce the big problem of camping have been way too overkill, so I created this thread to know if my opinion is shared?

Maps have a lot less void, large pvp areas and very few "open" spaces means that it is very easy to go from one side of the map to another, meaning that old strategies such as trapping, tnt boosting are now rendered obsolete. With the addition of No projectiles mode and the enderpearl kit, going to mid by tnt boosting is now no longer an option. Trapping people is a lot harder, the whole depth of the game has been affected by this, there is one way to win the game and that is to kill people with the sword or knock them in the void, there is no room for other strategies.
In case the map changes didn't kill tnt boosting... I don't want to mention the enderpearl kit...
To put it simply it is defined by the amount of possible paths that are available to reach a certain goal (winning condition)
The more strategies the game has to offer to accomplish it's goals, the more "depth" it has. This is important as it keeps players interested and avoids the game feeling like it's always the same.
In a game that has a nice depth, usually the better thinker is the better player, not the mindless rushers.
Game starts, Rush mid / side island, loot/kill => win.
I have not seen any other strategy recently that is as effective as this one, and it gets tedious and boring.
So, yes I am pointing out a problem that I personally have been facing for a few weeks now and is the main reason I have moved over to eggwars.

Skywars isn't about FFA and surviving amongst lots of other players at once, more of a gamemode that leaves space for strategical gameplay as much as rushing is possible, it should be less advantageous to rush, a 1v1v1v1v1 on an intermediate island like that shouldn't be a thing.

I won't point out a problem without actually making a suggestion to fix it though:
For future maps: have a minimum of 8 blocks between islands/semi-islands, this gives a nice amount of time to regen betweens fights, I really believe, and have also noticed that the distance between islands sets the pace of the game.

Decrease the amount of blocks in the block stacks when they spawn in chests.
Apparently people like No Projectiles so I'm not going to touch that topic here.

Increase the delay before getting the first enderpearl in the enderpearl kit.
I do think a lot of things should be changed in skywars. I don't sky base but I have noticed that I have not been getting fair loot. So maybe that could be changed a little and the sky basing is annoying, but that is just a thing in skywars that will always happen. Last thing we want is a "You can not break the map" to happen.

ItzCamJam

Feb 4, 2017
idek
I personally am liking the recent updates with Cubecraft, and I honestly don't think anything needs to change about Skywars. And with how close the islands are to each other, it makes it easier for me to rush, kill, and loot. And I am AWFUL AT PVP. If a player skybases, just report them lel. You only need screenshots.

BlazeyBoi

Dec 30, 2016
Earth
I do agree with the void surface area being dominated which I think can be easily avoided if the islands were moved farther from the center making most fights happen at the center rather people bridging from island to island and getting quick-dropped.

Tinashe

Jan 17, 2018
I don’t really play Skywars anymore but last time I played I noticed the void being very undeep so if they could, please make it so that you’ll keep falling into the void for like 5 - 10 seconds so you can actually make good use of those enderpearls by clutching when you fall out of the map...

Younisco

Forum Professional
May 13, 2014
london
Lol, how does chest refills fix camping?
If a player is camping, either by using a skybase or being on their island and not moving, then having a chest refill will allow other players to obtain more items, and that one player only being able to get a few. It adds an incentive to go to other islands / middle, leading to a chance to get killed. :]

Reactions: Zethox
D

Deleted member 169486

I never saw one suggestion about the map 'Sundae' yet they removed the middle on that. Same on glass. They added those submids, when I have never seen anyone ask for it. IMO the biggest issue is No projectiles. The whole point of skywars is trying to get the best gear, while being aware of your surroundings and not getting jumped, which Cube removed because the noobs wanted it.

Reactions: ItsDavey_

nived1011

Novice Member
Mar 4, 2017
he my frend Balletikje was muted for 2 years now and i was wandering if u could unmute him ????

(you muted him)

Members Online

Team online

Latest profile posts

This is YOUR daily dose of facts #46- Ants don’t have lungs. They instead breathe through spiracles, nine or ten tiny openings, depending on the species.
woohoo!! 120.80 released and whenever i go into cubecraft my signature skin turns into a steve or alex but in worlds its there!!! thanks mojang now i cant have my skin while playing cubecraft
Xi1m wrote on katnip's profile.
i absolutely love that profile picture
Eli
Where's the second member? 🤔

1713925281107.png
Top Bottom