Minecraft PC IP: play.cubecraft.net

Jiivan

Dedicated Member
Sep 3, 2018
Catalonia
Hello,
In this thread I would like to give my opinion about all the Armageddon modes (wither, lighting and horde) in the game "Tower Defence". That being said, let's move on:

Wither Armageddon: This mode spawns a Wither that has to be defeated if a team don't want to lose. In my opinion, I think this mode isn't that beneficial at all.
In almost every game, whenever the Wither spawns, it's killed almost at the beginning, making it a bit useless and boring to fight. However, this have contrasts. For example, anyone can say: "Yes, but not in all games the wither can be defeated, eventually making it quite enjoyable to fight". And I'd say that they have reason, but if you used to survive until the armageddon mode, that means you have had enough time to prepare strong defences to stop all mobs and, eventually, the wither.

Lighting Armageddon: Whenever this mode starts, lightning bolts fall from the sky to destroy some random towers. In my opinion, I think this one is the most useless of all modes.
Taking my last statement, this mode doesn't contribute that much in a game of Tower Defence. From my point of view, I'd say that this mode doesn't modify a team's strategy. Furthermore, if some random towers are destroyed, it won't make a team being able to win or lose a game just because some towers have been destroyed randomly.

Horde Armageddon: This mode brings some random monsters, which their goal is to destroy your castle. In my opinion, this mode is the best of the three ones.
First of all, the random monsters, sent in waves, can make a nice challenge for a team. Also, this mode can be a lot harder if one team send, along with the horde's mobs, their tropps, probably maxed at that time.
Finally, I have to say that something quite similar happens with the first armageddon mode. If you have strong defence, the horde's mobs won't make any difference in your game. And it's true, but at least it's more enjoyable, in my opinion, than the wither one.

To sum up, although all the armageddon modes can have their point of interest, it is clear that they are usually boring.
As I said before, this is just my opinion about these modes.
I will be pleasured to hear what you guys think about the Armageddon modes of this precious game.

Jiivvv.

Reactions: LlTE

LlTE

Jul 20, 2019
Turkey
agree with you Wither Armageddon is so weak and it must be modified.
Lighting Armageddon I have never seen any towers that were destroyed by it.
Horde Armageddon I didn't play too much with it so I can't impose my opinion on it.

Reactions: Jiivan

CrystalDrop

Dedicated Member
Aug 9, 2017
USA
I only like to use horde, personally I don't like the towers being blown up in the other two. A new armageddon mode would be exciting in a future update. Do you have any ideas?

Jiivan

Dedicated Member
Sep 3, 2018
Catalonia
I only like to use horde, personally I don't like the towers being blown up in the other two. A new armageddon mode would be exciting in a future update. Do you have any ideas?
Yeah, I think a new armageddon mode should be exciting. For example, they could a mode that, in some way, connects with troops sent by players. They could add a final boss that has high hp and different abilities, for example healing troops, or disabling towers, something that could be exciting and could generate a challenge for a team. Furthermore, the boss could have an ability to generate maxed troops, like magmas, giants, skeles, etc... but sent in massive hordes. It would be like a mix between a wither and horde armageddon, but of course with a different boss.
I think the armageddon should be the last minutes of a TD game. So, from my point of sight, this final boss could match perfectly.

• Wow
Reactions: CrystalDrop

Vict0r

Jun 5, 2020
I think all of the modes are way too bad and should be buffed a bit or even modified.
Yeah, I think a new armageddon mode should be exciting. For example, they could a mode that, in some way, connects with troops sent by players. They could add a final boss that has high hp and different abilities, for example healing troops, or disabling towers, something that could be exciting and could generate a challenge for a team. Furthermore, the boss could have an ability to generate maxed troops, like magmas, giants, skeles, etc... but sent in massive hordes. It would be like a mix between a wither and horde armageddon, but of course with a different boss.
I think the armageddon should be the last minutes of a TD game. So, from my point of sight, this final boss could match perfectly.
Also, I agree with your opinion.

Shotgun

Jun 26, 2020
CubeCraft Universe

I would love to see this idea more worked out. This could be a nice addition and improvement for tower defence.
About the armageddon being in the last few minutes: I agree partially but it shouldn't be a complete tie breaker. Just buffs would make armageddon more difficult and challenging. I do agree to move it a lot more to the end of the game. Though this should be like 10-15 minutes before the game ends and not only a few.

To improve the existing armageddon modes I would suggest;

Making lightning mode way more agressive, instead of only destroying a few random towers it should destroy 20% of all towers, but over time and randomly of course.

Horde: This is indeed one of the best modes but I think even this could get a slight buff. Just a few more troops could make it a lot more fun and challenging.

Wither: The wither needs a lot more health than it currently has, also the skeletons it spawns should be way more. Maybe even like 12 skeletons at once (like you send them in) but with a cooldown of 10 seconds.

Members Online

Team online

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

TheOrderOfSapphire wrote on Ge1ster's profile.
Cool 🐧
TheOrderOfSapphire wrote on Casualpoalrbear's profile.
You are the coolest polar bear I know:D
Eli
Woo, 7,000 reaction score!!
HyperPal wrote on Ge1ster's profile.
Noot
Top Bottom