Minecraft PC IP: play.cubecraft.net
Status
Not open for further replies.

Laskyy

Dedicated Member
Jan 6, 2015
C-137
bit.do
Yes, I am so angry that I am going to complain, but instead of just screaming that things are going wrong. I am trying to put a little help for a fix in the future.

• Hackers on alts -> https://www.cubecraft.net/threads/preventing-hackers.185559/
  • UHC takes too long -> It's okay, not perfect but good enough to release. I saw it in a stream.
  • Assassination has only 2 maps. -> Opening map submissions again since I was building a map.
  • Hackers come back -> Only perm bans
  • Stuff back in Assassination, please. If you just record you had the gear and report it to forums you died to a hacker you should be able to get it back.
  • @CrazymanJR I respect you made the Anti-Cheat, but its bad. I saw people FLYING around in Assassination YESTERDAY, and I saw them again today. GG
  • Blockband is not so popular, Arcade is dying, it takes sooo long to get in a game of blockwars.

HarryVanSunweb

Dedicated Member
Nov 7, 2015
Sun
Yes, I am so angry that I am going to complain, but instead of just screaming that things are going wrong. I am trying to put a little help for a fix in the future.

• Hackers on alts -> https://www.cubecraft.net/threads/preventing-hackers.185559/
  • UHC takes too long -> It's okay, not perfect but good enough to release. I saw it in a stream.
  • Assassination has only 2 maps. -> Opening map submissions again since I was building a map.
  • Stuff back in Assassination, please. If you just record you had the gear and report it to forums you died to a hacker you should be able to get it back.
  • @CrazymanJR I respect you made the Anti-Cheat, but its bad. I saw people FLYING around in Assassination YESTERDAY, and I saw them again today. GG
  • Blockband is not so popular, Arcade is dying, it takes sooo long to get in a game of blockwars.
  • Not updating vanity menu. When I suggested 'Custom Shields' I was promised that it was going to be added really quick.
  • Not able to talk normal in chat because even regular words are banned.
  • Removing Control Point -> This was a really bad move, because it was the only game together with SkyWars which had High-Action Gameplay.
  • Not updating the Obsidian Rank. I thought that it would become more useful with the addition of more games, I was so wrong... In every game Diamond Rank has all the perks it provides. There is legit nothing which discerns Obsidian from Emerald rank, and Diamond rank.
  • 13 year old staff, and people who claim they work as hard as they can, we can't just allow all these lacks anymore. We just have to admit that staff is currently lacking of everything.
These are my additions there are probably way more, but these came up within a minute.

Troublesomee

Forum Veteran
Feb 6, 2016

Have they streamed a sneak peak of UHC?
Also, nice points you've got here, in my opinion, the anticheat is good.

ApolloIV

Mar 11, 2017
Ireland

@iAmHaider I only mainly play on eggwars but I think the Anti-Cheat is doing fine at the moment . For the rest of the complaints I don't have anything more to say .

Ping Ether

Forum Veteran
Jun 2, 2016
Italy
13 year old staff, and people who claim they work as hard as they can, we can't just allow all these lacks anymore. We just have to admit that staff is currently lacking of everything.
@Nikoshka @Orangeric88 lel
Back we are here again with the age thing...
You see, they might aswell be doing things the wrong way. They might aswell not be doing what they're supposed to, I have no idea.
But of one thing I'm sure, you can't just use their age as a way to reason your criticism.
Not saying they could do the job better than you, just saying that if the only valid reason you have to go against them is their age, then you might aswell back off, that is not a valid point.
Let me remind you.... Cubecraft is a Minecraft server in 2017. Do you think grown up 30 year olds are gonna spend their time playing on it? :P
Not saying older people shouldn't play the game, that is just dumb, but you should expect 13 year olds to be staff members on a kid friendly block game server...

Despacito 2

Forum Professional
Dec 6, 2015
Here's mine:
  • The lack of attention given to other gamemodes instead of EggWars, Skywars and Survival Games. Hide N Seek and Creative are broken. I heard Hide N Seek would actually be removed. But no! It's still there but broken. Creative is so buggy that it doesn't even allow someone build for 5 minutes before getting kicked.
  • Staff lying to the community about features and other server related stuff.
  • Not listening to suggestions whatsoever. I see allot of good suggestion on a daily basis, most of them get lost. Probably somewhere in this forum, alone, forgotten. Also since I joined the Forums I actually never saw a suggestion actually implemented in-game or atleast a credit to the user who thought of that suggestion.
  • The decrease in quality Staff members.
  • Lack in Vanity features or Miniatures for players. SoonTM, yeah right.
  • A high amount of staff who are literally doing nothing or are in-active on the forums. Where has Exiting_Pancake been? TheZigbot9000 doesn't even have a Forum page anymore. ""Staff have lives outside of CCG." Oldest phrase in the staff book. And that's not really an excuse why some staff are absent for months, and upon arrival decide to do nothing" ~Iselciour
  • The Merge with Chunk.
  • Sentinel, who doesn't actually seem to do *! It isn't perfect enough. The ban waves affect a big amount of the innocent community.
  • Mac

Last edited:
B

Britney Spears

UHC takes too long -> It's okay, not perfect but good enough to release. I saw it in a stream.

We aim for it to be as good as possible, not just 'okay'.

Assassination has only 2 maps. -> Opening map submissions again since I was building a map.

The buildteam edited maps that were accepted which took so much time that creating a new one from a scratch would take less time than editing an accepted map.
(https://www.cubecraft.net/threads/we-will-no-longer-be-accepting-map-submissions.183642/)

Hackers come back -> Only perm bans

Humans make mistakes, you can't just punish them permanently for making a mistake, unless they do it multiple times.

Stuff back in Assassination, please. If you just record you had the gear and report it to forums you died to a hacker you should be able to get it back.

Instead of making such a system we're already doing our best to attack the problem from its roots by creating an anti-cheat that will ban those who use modifications that are not allowed.

@CrazymanJR I respect you made the Anti-Cheat, but its bad. I saw people FLYING around in Assassination YESTERDAY, and I saw them again today. GG

I appreciate you making this suggestion, but you should've actually read the introducing sentinel post first, I mean it says very clearly that sentinel is new and still has a lot to learn.

Blockband is not so popular, Arcade is dying, it takes sooo long to get in a game of blockwars.

You may not notice it, but our developers are always working on updating/creating new minigames behind the scenes.

Ping Ether

Forum Veteran
Jun 2, 2016
Italy
The lack of attention given to other gamemodes instead of EggWars, Skywars and Survival Games
(Arcade lol)
The Merge with Chunk.
Ok we get it ,_,
Not listening to suggestions whatsoever. I see allot of good suggestion on a daily basis, most of them get lost
"Hey I think we should actually accept one of these suggestions..."
"Mh... Skywars kits, gameplay changes, nerfs, buffs.... updating arcade.... nah... A COIN EXCHANGER FOR ASSASSINS!!!"
"YE BRO LET'S DO DIS"
*dubidubidubiduibi fun music kek*

HarryVanSunweb

Dedicated Member
Nov 7, 2015
Sun
@Nikoshka @Orangeric88 lel
Back we are here again with the age thing...
You see, they might aswell be doing things the wrong way. They might aswell not be doing what they're supposed to, I have no idea.
But of one thing I'm sure, you can't just use their age as a way to reason your criticism.
Not saying they could do the job better than you, just saying that if the only valid reason you have to go against them is their age, then you might aswell back off, that is not a valid point.
Let me remind you.... Cubecraft is a Minecraft server in 2017. Do you think grown up 30 year olds are gonna spend their time playing on it? :p
Not saying older people shouldn't play the game, that is just dumb, but you should expect 13 year olds to be staff members on a kid friendly block game server...
Of course the average age of a Minecraft player is young, I know. But if you take a look at Hypixel for example, you have to be at least 16 years old to apply. And I know a lot of people who are like 16-20 who play Minecraft active.

Reactions: Despacito 2

Laskyy

Dedicated Member
Jan 6, 2015
C-137
bit.do
(Arcade lol)

Ok we get it ,_,

"Mh... Skywars kits, gameplay changes, nerfs, buffs.... updating arcade.... nah... A COIN EXCHANGER FOR ASSASSINS!!!"
"YE BRO LET'S DO DIS"
Assass needed an update bro, sorry xd

Despacito 2

Forum Professional
Dec 6, 2015
"YE BRO LET'S DO DIS"
Peeta Bread(suggestion by @hgbf , ever a credit? No) Shields (by @HarryVanSunweb SoonTM for like 1 year.), BringBackMoneyWalls (by me, never going to happen), Miniatures (Probably denied, if not, they won't credit me) and other great suggestion that come up every now and then.

Reactions: Ping Ether and ciwa

Younisco

Forum Professional
May 13, 2014
london
Our senior moderation team goes through lots of alt bans every day once we encounter them in reports and in game. Once they pass a certain threshold, they will be alt banned accordingly.
UHC takes too long -> It's okay, not perfect but good enough to release. I saw it in a stream.
I mean, I hate to be that guy, but you can't really complain at something which you haven't played yourself. Once it is released, and you have played, then you can make a justified conclusion. Our management team play slow, so they can show things off. :p
Assassination has only 2 maps. -> Opening map submissions again since I was building a map.
Map submissions was closed because of the editing. If we accept a map, we don't just copy, paste, and onto the main network it goes. The builder team has to edit it to make it worthy to be on our server. This, as @Efcluke94 stated, took too long.
Hackers come back -> Only perm bans
That isn't really fair, to be honest. People make mistakes, and deserve a second chance. With that logic, we should make all mutes permanent as well.
Stuff back in Assassination, please. If you just record you had the gear and report it to forums you died to a hacker you should be able to get it back.
I recall that this was a thing back in the day but it required SO much maintenance. We'd have to manually give players their items back, as it wasn't something we could automate, and therefore would cause a lot of stress to deal with.
Blockband is not so popular, Arcade is dying, it takes sooo long to get in a game of blockwars.
There are players that play this game a lot, and we respect that. I understand one game may not be as popular as the another, however it may contain some exciting prospects in the future for it.
You forgot the fact reports take 4 - 7 days before they are done right now.
We are trying to tackle the report problem head on, just be patient with us. ^_^
The lack of attention given to other gamemodes instead of EggWars, Skywars and Survival Games. Hide N Seek and Creative are broken. I heard Hide N Seek would actually be removed. But no! It's still there but broken. Creative is so buggy that it doesn't even allow someone build for 5 minutes before getting kicked
We understand a game may contain bugs, and that's why we want you to report the bugs.
Not able to talk normal in chat because even regular words are banned
We're aware of the problems with the chat filter, I can assure you.
Removing Control Point -> This was a really bad move, because it was the only game together with SkyWars which had High-Action Gameplay
Have you played Speed Eggwars, BlockWars, Survival Games? Those have high intensity.
Not updating the Obsidian Rank. I thought that it would become more useful with the addition of more games, I was so wrong... In every game Diamond Rank has all the perks it provides. There is legit nothing which discerns Obsidian from Emerald rank, and Diamond rank
Realise that your ranks are going towards things for our server, excluding perks you may receive in game. It helps us develop our server to the fullest capability, and to make the experience more enjoyable to you.
13 year old staff, and people who claim they work as hard as they can, we can't just allow all these lacks anymore. We just have to admit that staff is currently lacking of everything
We don't have that many "13 year old staff", however our staff do try to do as much as they can. Granted some may do more than others, we try to provide continued support towards the community.
Staff lying to the community about features and other server related stuff
Examples?
Not listening to suggestions whatsoever. I see allot of good suggestion on a daily basis, most of them get lost. Probably somewhere in this forum, alone, forgotten. Also since I joined the Forums I actually never saw a suggestion actually implemented in-game or atleast a credit to the user who thought of that suggestion
I made a suggestion a while back called "/fr - Friend Reply". In the space of three days, that got added because it was needed. Though a suggestion may be extremely good / well thought out, we may take time to reply to them as they aren't needed. People like myself have notifications for suggestions for a reason -- to forward suggestions to higher-ups to see if it could be implemented.
The decrease in quality Staff members.
How so?
The Merge with Chunk.
Again I don't see what was wrong with it. You got BlockWars, Tower Defense, Minerware AND BlockBand from it, along with their developers helping with different updates for our gamemodes. That seems pretty good to me.
Sentinel, who doesn't actually seem to do *! It isn't perfect enough. The ban waves affect a big amount of the innocent community
Sentinel is being worked on, and has a lot to learn.
Um. That's all opinion.

Zed

Zedmin / Managing Director
Team CubeCraft
💙 Admin Team
Jul 11, 2015
Radcliffe, Manchester
twitter.com
Hey hey guys!

First of all thank you for bringing your concerns to us, some of these are perfectly valid concerns and criticisms and these will be taken on board (some of these suggestions are already in the works and others I'm passing on to our product team with a few tweaks :) ). What I don't appreciate is blatant attacks on people, they don't help me, they don't help you and are generallly are a pretty useless thing to do (just save us the disk space and don't bother next time).

So to respond to some of the major concerns:

Sentinel: Sentinel has banned several thousands players now. Myself and Crazy are personally going through evey single appeal and verifiying Sentinel's decisions for those appeals saying they are false positives. Of the hundreds of reports we've handled the actual number of false positives is less than 10 (I think it's actually less than 5 at my last check). We have a lot of players crying "wolf" on false positives.
We also know Sentinel doesn't act immediately at the moment. It will soon, like said before we just want to make sure our false positives are down to almost none before rolling that out.

RE a lot of the issues with games. We are aware of them we just have a really small dev team compared to the size of the server and codebase we deal with. You may have noticed we've just gone through a massive recruitment cycle and are about bring on about 5 new devs - so expect more awesome things to be appearing soon!

I think everything else has been answered in this thread so I'm gonna go ahead and lock it before it derails into madness ;o.

If you have any specific concerns you want to discuss further then just shoot me an email: zed@cubecraft.net :)

Stay awesome <3

Status
Not open for further replies.
Members Online

Team online

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Hoshi wrote on Eli's profile.
Happy birthdayyy!!!! 🍰
SugaaKat wrote on Reesle's profile.
i really hope this is the right place to write this (im really stupid and cant figure out the forum layout)
BUT HAPPY LATE BIRTHDAY BRO, I DIDNT EVEN REALIZE 😭
HOPE IT WAS THE BEST!!
UncleSpect wrote on Thjis's profile.
🤍
Matriox wrote on Hqtemood's profile.
Beans
1714941476189.png

Did I do this right?
Matriox wrote on Kloska's profile.
:disagree:
Top Bottom